Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's proven in the past that he's not good enough for the Championship, both at Wolves and Hull. I'm not sure why we want him, obviously Ince because he's worked with him, but I can't see him being worth what is bound to be a high price-tag for a 27 year old mediocre player.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great interview with Redknapp, mentions Jonas

Kaboul Set For Villa - Redknapp

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp believes that Younes Kaboul will spurn the chance to join either Sunderland or Pompey in favour of a move to Aston Villa.

The Moroccan-born Frenchman has been heavily linked with a move away from his club Tottenham Hotspur this summer, with Redknapp and Roy Keane being his

hitherto most likely suitors.

The FA Cup winners present an attractive destination for the defender, and Redknapp believes that Kaboul himself would still be open to a transfer.

The Pompey boss is keen to bring another centre-half to Fratton Park, but believes that he will be gazumped in his efforts to lure Kaboul by Martin O’Neill’s Aston Villa.

He told the Portsmouth News: "I would like a centre-half. Younes Kaboul wants to come here, but I heard Kaboul is going to Villa. I don't think there is anything he can do about it.

"If Villa are in for him he may have to go there. We made an offer with what we thought was a fair valuation but if we want some players in we also need to sell a few.”

As well as Kaboul, Redknapp is also known to have other irons in the fire, most notably Nicky Shorey of Reading and Shaun Wright Philips of Chelsea.

"Nicky Shorey at Reading is someone who I like, but he isn't going to come cheaply,” he continued.

“And I like Shaun Wright-Phillips. I know Shaun and his dad think Portsmouth would be a good move for him, " he added.

STEP UP

The 57-year-old stated that Pompey have made a step up the past few seasons, and are now only interested in players of a certain ilk.

“We are only looking to get in top-drawer players now. I want to finish in the top six if I can but, as I always say, a top-10 finish in The Premier League is always brilliant for anybody apart from the (usual) top four," he said.

Although usually reliable and consistent in the transfer market, Redknapp revealed some of the players that escaped his clutches in recent seasons.

“I would have taken Jonas Gutierrez for the money he cost Newcastle,” he added. “We offered €8 million for him in January. He ended up going for €2m.

“There’s a lad in Italy, Juan Vargas, who has just moved for €16m. I had him over for three days last year, they wanted about a million or so.

“Michael Carrick was another one. We could have had him for £2.5 million. He was on his way down for a medical but in the end we didn’t pay the money.”

Peter Staunton

i'd take Kaboul, has a lot of potential.

I think at the moment with Kaboul, rightly or wrongly he seems to be tarred with the same brush that happened to Titus and Boumsong, so it'll take a hell of a lot from him to earn respect from a lot of people in this country.

I'd take Kaboul over Anton bloody Ferdinand.

Sadly, we've been linked with both of them.

:(

pair kaboul with zat knght and you're we're lauging

Zat did alright last season. True fact.

As for Harry, if he told me the earth was round, I'd check it out on wikipedia.

Lots of tapping up there Harry :D

he does it every f***ing time!

and £2.5m for carrick??? is he pissed? (i take it he's talking pre-spuds, but still, thats a random mention)

That's straight up.  Carrick was waiting for a bid from Arsenal, never came, Pompey offered £2.5m.  Spurs gazumped them with a bid of £3m.

and £2.5m for carrick??? is he pissed? (i take it he's talking pre-spuds, but still, thats a random mention)

That's straight up.  Carrick was waiting for a bid from Arsenal, never came, Pompey offered £2.5m.  Spurs gazumped them with a bid of £3m.

Aye, Spurs are gazumpers imo

I'd take Kaboul over Anton bloody Ferdinand.

Sadly, we've been linked with both of them.

:(

pair kaboul with zat knght and you're we're lauging

Zat did alright last season. True fact.

As for Harry, if he told me the earth was round, I'd check it out on wikipedia.

Actually you would be right to check, as the Earth is slightly egged shaped.

i'm not saying he's lying, its just a random time to mention it? 4 years or so after it happened?