Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Robbo has left for Blackburn for £3.5 mill.

----------------------------------------Robbo---------------------------------------

----------------------Kaboul----------Rocha---------Gardner--------------------

-----Chimbonda-------------------------------------------------------Lee--------

-----------------------Steed----------Tainio---------Boateng--------------------

-------------------------------Keane-----------Berbatov--------------------------

Where will a team like that finish in the league?

wow major clear out at spurs,could all go very wrong for them next year :celb:

Yep could go very wrong. It really depends on the dm we get in (if infact we do get a dm) and the replacements for Keane and Berbs.

they haven't gone yet though , have they ?

Guest kingdawson

----------------------------------------Robbo---------------------------------------

-----Chimbonda-------------------------------------------------------Lee--------

-----------------------Steed----------Tainio---------Boateng--------------------

-------------------------------Keane-----------Berbatov--------------------------

Yep could go very wrong. It really depends on the dm we get in (if infact we do get a dm) and the replacements for Keane and Berbs.

No but it look like they will (keane didnt even make the squad yesterday despite Ramos picking his strongest line up). The only way they'll stay is if we price them out of moves (more chance of doing that to berbs then keane).

Think we'll get around £75 mill for all the players mentioned.

No but it look like they will (keane didnt even make the squad yesterday despite Ramos picking his strongest line up). The only way they'll stay is if we price them out of moves (more chance of doing that to berbs then keane).

It would be a huge risk IMO to get rid of both of them. Wow, £75 mill would be a fantastic bit of business to be honest.

Villa have offered £7.5m for Kaboul or £10m + Kaboul and Spurs get Barry.  Personally, I would go with the second option but Barry has his heart set on the bindippers apparently.

Now that Robbo has gone, Bentley is expected to be completed (subject to medical) tonight or tomorrow.

Guest kingdawson

Villa have offered £7.5m for Kaboul or £10m + Kaboul and Spurs get Barry.  Personally, I would go with the second option but Barry has his heart set on the bindippers apparently.

Now that Robbo has gone, Bentley is expected to be completed (subject to medical) tonight or tomorrow.

I heard about the Barry Rumour and i very much doubt he'll come here. I know he's/was a spurs fan but cant really see how a move to us will really benefit his career. Think we may get a bid accepted but Barry will reject the move, stating he only wanted to move to a cl club. This will somewhat appease the Villa fans i think.

As for Bentley, i really hope we sign him.

Cant believe how ecstatic the Blackburn fans are over Robinson  :laugh:

Good player still.  Should be able to get his head sorted better now with a new start.  £3.5m is pretty good business really.

You know this will only generate "ITK bollocks" type response MJ, don't you ?

Thanks for sharing though, I do find the ITK stuff entertaining. I'm starting to doubt whether Liverpool will ever reach an agreement with Villa for Barry. It's entirely possible that some club can come in through the back door and pick him up. But whether Spurs have enough to offer him is debatable.

I heard about the Barry Rumour and i very much doubt he'll come here. I know he's/was a spurs fan but cant really see how a move to us will really benefit his career. Think we may get a bid accepted but Barry will reject the move, stating he only wanted to move to a cl club. This will somewhat appease the Villa fans i think.

As for Bentley, i really hope we sign him.

I think the important thing about Kaboul is there are now 2 clubs bidding £7.5m.  Personally I would have put him out on loan for a year and see how he develops but as they've decided he's got to go, at least they are fairly close to what we paid for him.

Kaboul is an interesting case study TBH, here's a young player that came with a big reputation to the PL and quite frankly failed miserably in his first season. However spuds paid what 6-8 mill for him and are likely to get 7.5mill back !

Does this case show that you really aren't taking a huge gamble on bringing foreigners into the PL, as long as they are young enough and have big enough reputations ?

You know this will only generate "ITK bollocks" type response MJ, don't you ?

Thanks for sharing though, I do find the ITK stuff entertaining. I'm starting to doubt whether Liverpool will ever reach an agreement with Villa for Barry. It's entirely possible that some club can come in through the back door and pick him up. But whether Spurs have enough to offer him is debatable.

I think KD's idea of how Barry might react could be fairly accurate.  I don't think there's much doubt we could afford to buy him, whether we could give him the salary package he would want is highly debatable.

Kaboul is an interesting case study TBH, here's a young player that came with a big reputation to the PL and quite frankly failed miserably in his first season. However spuds paid what 6-8 mill for him and are likely to get 7.5mill back !

Does this case show that you really aren't taking a huge gamble on bringing foreigners into the PL, as long as they are young enough and have big enough reputations ?

£8.2m iirc.  I take your point and generally I would agree with it.  I'll reserve judgement until we've shipped out Kevin Prince Boateng.  German Young Player of The Year, paid £5.8m, looked grim from day 1.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm going to be a spurs fan during the window then refer back to type on Sept 1st

How the f##k did they suddenly become so popular, it wasnt 2 seasons ago Parker and Duff told them to go swivel as they were signing for us!!!!

if Spuds get Barry n Bentley they're going to be laughing.

Bentley - Barry - Modric - Dos Santos/Lennon with Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone and possibly still Malbranque in reserve is a very good midfield.

as good as berba and keane are.....you'll have £80mill to play around with. you reckon theyll push ahead for arshavin now??

They have spent a bit of this season kitty already on Modric, Dos Santos & Gomes. They also splashed the cash in the previous window.

Guest kingdawson

Oleguer has joined Ajax.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=791767

Not a bad signing for them at all.

most blackburn fans had him in their first x1. They're gonna be in trouble i think.

Maybe so, if Oleguer actually played for Blackburn.

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh was thinking of ooijor (or however you spell it).

oh and Tooj is spot on, oleguer is superbly shit, and is one of the slowest cb's ive ever seen.

Guest elbee909

Oleguer has joined Ajax.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=791767

Not a bad signing for them at all.

most blackburn fans had him in their first x1. They're gonna be in trouble i think.

Maybe so, if Oleguer actually played for Blackburn.

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh was thinking of ooijor (or however you spell it).

Ouija Board?

if Spuds get Barry n Bentley they're going to be laughing.

Bentley - Barry - Modric - Dos Santos/Lennon with Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone and possibly still Malbranque in reserve is a very good midfield.

Even if Spurs accepted the Villa bid Barry would knock it on the head.  Looks like Albelda will be the DM in a couple of days time ....... for £2m apparently.