Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I heard we'll be signing Bent to replace Johnson.

Memory like a sieve - who's in for Johnson again? :-[

The mighty Fulham.

That's right. :doh:

Pretty much like for like though?

I do rate Bent higher than Johnson tbh and he is younger as well so it's good from that point of view- Johnson will have no re-sale value in a couple of seasons time.

re: Tainio he's a decent player but ALWAYS injured. Made of glass.

I heard we'll be signing Bent to replace Johnson.

Memory like a sieve - who's in for Johnson again?  :-[

The mighty Fulham.

That's right.  :doh:

Pretty much like for like though?

I do rate Bent higher than Johnson tbh and he is younger as well so it's good from that point of view- Johnson will have no re-sale value in a couple of seasons time.

re: Tainio he's a decent player but ALWAYS injured. Made of glass.

Never realised Johnson was 27. If you were going to flog him then now's the time like! :lol:

I'll always treasure that memory of Martins feinging one way, Tainio falling over and Oba burying it. :smug:

It's great, now there are two teams filled with players that Oba likes to abuse. Add in Robbo to Blackburn and that's 18 points right there.

nicko (i know, i know) reckons malbranque s considering the mackems and that they are also after mageady

I'm not surprised.  Someone who knows Tainio well is saying that TT has tripled his money and the other 3 are being offered similar type deals.  Kaboul's agent said YK wouldn't go there even if there was an earthquake and hoped that a deal with Portsmouth could be arranged.  Now he's saying they were impressed with Keane's vision of the future and the facilities are as good as any in Europe.  Says it all really.

Just cant see Malbranque and Chimbonda being up for it, when like you say they have moved purely for the money. I rate Steed, but reckon Chimbonda is a bit of a bad influence i wouldnt want in our squad.

As for Tainio, decent player for a club such as the scum, and Kaboul is shite anyway.

Would you say that Obas dummy with Tainio is one of his best goals?

For us? Easily.

Still wish that shot v Liverpool went in.

or the one against Chelsea.. that one stunned them proper

His best is obviously the 90mph shot against Spurs under Roeder, but the dummy was nice, as was the one in he scored at St. James' in the UEFA cup (againts Levadia Tallin? left foot from the edge of the box).

what dummy ?

he mis controls it  and this commits tainio and he then knocks it past him...there is no dummy