Other clubs' transfers

Dave

if Spuds get Barry n Bentley they're going to be laughing.

Bentley - Barry - Modric - Dos Santos/Lennon with Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone and possibly still Malbranque in reserve is a very good midfield.

Even if Spurs accepted the Villa bid Barry would knock it on the head.  Looks like Albelda will be the DM in a couple of days time ....... for £2m apparently.

same applies, although it is a lightweight midfield and 3 could take time to adapt, potentially a lot of goals again at WHL next season in both nets

as good as berba and keane are.....you'll have £80mill to play around with. you reckon theyll push ahead for arshavin now??

All the talk seems to be that we will do provided we can agree personal terms.  Widespread agreement that if Arshavin joins, Pavlychenko will follow.  The additions to that gossip is that we are trying again for Villa (no hope imho) and Milito ( who seemed keen).  The truth is that they are probably all on the radar but no one knows the order of preference.

Bentley - Barry - Modric - Dos Santos/Lennon with Jenas, Zokora, Huddlestone and possibly still Malbranque in reserve is a very good midfield.

Even if Spurs accepted the Villa bid Barry would knock it on the head.  Looks like Albelda will be the DM in a couple of days time ....... for £2m apparently.

same applies, although it is a lightweight midfield and 3 could take time to adapt, potentially a lot of goals again at WHL next season in both nets

Spurs wouldn't be Spurs if it didn't have a leaky defence!

maybe both teams are more similar than we thought!!

I know we've come to apprecite it, don't ever change :)

Honestly, Barry to Spurs ... Jesus Christ.

That suggestion was posted on glory-glory this afternoon and all of a sudden it has become "OMFG! Barry for Kaboul and some cash!!!!"

Barry wants to leave for CL football. He's made that quite clear. He wants to play with Gerrard. Why on earth would he then wash up at Spurs?

If he goes to Spurs, I will film myself gnawing off my own arm and swallowing it whole, then post it here.

If he goes to Spurs, I will film myself gnawing off my own arm and swallowing it whole, then post it here.

Can you do that anyway? It sounds weirdly intriguing :lol:

I'm not your performing bitch.

I've got standards, you know ;)

I'm not your performing bitch.

I've got standards, you know ;)

:lol:

oh, you were being serious?

:laugh:

Guest kingdawson

And another thing. Why does "He's a Spurs fan !!!111!!!!" always crop up in this kind of discussion?

Don't really understand why you're getting excited as both the spurs fans on here agree that he wouldnt come to us.

Were you not aware that Barry was a spurs supporter?

And another thing. Why does "He's a Spurs fan !!!111!!!!" always crop up in this kind of discussion?

Don't really understand why you're getting excited as both the spurs fans on here agree that he wouldnt come to us.

Talking of players not moving to Spurs, someone close to Bentley's agent says his move is on the verge of going belly up, no better than 50/50.  Has Mams said anything on GG?

On a brighter note, direct quotes from Villa's agent......

"Many clubs have contacted me about the chances of a player who is guaranteed to score goals in England," he said "But I am convinced if Spurs present an offer, Valencia will study the subject."

"David likes London and likes how Tottenham play under Juande Ramos. This is a club that excites him."

Still think I'll believe it when I see it!

Talking of players not moving to Spurs, someone close to Bentley's agent says his move is on the verge of going belly up, no better than 50/50.  Has Mams said anything on GG?

On a brighter note, direct quotes from Villa's agent......

"Many clubs have contacted me about the chances of a player who is guaranteed to score goals in England," he said "But I am convinced if Spurs present an offer, Valencia will study the subject."

"David likes London and likes how Tottenham play under Juande Ramos. This is a club that excites him."

Still think I'll believe it when I see it!

would be a hell of a coup that

I'm going to be a spurs fan during the window then refer back to type on Sept 1st

How the f##k did they suddenly become so popular, it wasnt 2 seasons ago Parker and Duff told them to go swivel as they were signing for us!!!!

my bet would be Juande Ramos

Some nugget just posted this on SkySports rumour mill:

John Smith (Doncaster fan) says...

My friend's son is the best friend of former Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott. He told me last night in the pub that Prescott is planning to donate one of his two Jags to Hull City Manager Phil Brown, so that Brown can sell it and use the cash to buy a new striker to boost the club's chances of staying up this season. Apparently he wants to bring former Newcastle star Tino Asprilla out of retirement and £3500 is all that it will take because Tino's coffee empire back home in Columbia is struggling. Far fetched? Yes, but true!!!

:laugh:

I heard a rumour that Tino wouldn't play ball with Robert Webster with Colombia being the only company that wouldn't deal with him and his coffee empire, so Webster is planning on using the weather to destroy all of his crop, hence why he needs the money.