Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kevarmy

bentley and arshavin to sign for spuds, maybe even tomorrow.

source: alan nixon.

quite worrying,they are gonna be light years ahead of us,unless dennis pulls his finger out

Guest kevarmy

Does this summer with Spurs not remind you of us in 2005? After a year of mid-table mediocrity came the "big-spend", with stars such as Boumsong, Parker, Luque, Emre, Owen....

Spurs have been at this for a while,they cant be far off the biggest spenders in the EPL.they properly still be crap ;D

Dont believe but :fwap: if it happens

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=33350

Duff linked to Ewood return

July 29, 2008

Newcastle United winger Damien Duff could well be on his way back to the club where he made his name as Blackburn Rovers are reported to be interested in the Irish international.

Key links:

Messageboard login

View forum index

Start new thread

As David Bentley looks set for a move to Spurs as they splash the cash gained from the transfer of Duff’s international teammate Robbie Keane to Liverpool, the Ewood outfit have moved swiftly to find a replacement.

Although a naturally left winger, Duff has been deployed on the right wing by Chelsea, Newcastle and Ireland on occasions with moderate success.

Rovers’ manager Paul Ince is keen to make the 27-year-old his first major signing since taking over from Mark Hughes and the Blackburn fans would love to see Duff back at the club.

The ’95 Premiership champions will receive in the region of €20 million for Bentley from Spurs and Duff would cost them in the region of €8 million.

The Dubliner has not had the best of times since moving to Newcastle as injury has severely hampered his career in the past two seasons, but he has looked impressive during pre-season.

He's 29 years old, great fact checking there.. wish the story was true though.  Selling Duff for £6 million would be akin to turning water into wine.

Keith Wyness has resigned as our CEO :D

I realise this will mean nothing to most of you but I hated this fat c*** even more than you hated Shepard

Name rings a bell.. why the hate?

Keith Wyness has resigned as our CEO :D

I realise this will mean nothing to most of you but I hated this fat c*** even more than you hated Shepard

Name rings a bell.. why the hate?

He's the driving force at the club behind trying to move us to Kirkby and since he stood to make a rumoured seven figure sum in bonuses from Tesco thought nothing of lying to the fans to try and push it through.

Also oversaw the club spiral into further debt even though TV money has shot up and we don't pay big wages. Fuck knows how he managed that. There were a few ticket fiascos etc as well.

Totally useless and just generally a twat. :)

Arsenal fan on another forum reckons they've got a 25% sell-on clause so will get about £4m from the Bentley transfer.

Its as much as 50% on some young lads who got let go.

Sounds about right the 25% does!

Arsenal fan on another forum reckons they've got a 25% sell-on clause so will get about £4m from the Bentley transfer.

ba ha ha, spurs massively overpaying for a player arsenal bagged and a large chunk of the fee going back to them!!

you couldn't write it

ba ha ha, spurs massively overpaying for a player arsenal bagged and a large chunk of the fee going back to them!!

you couldn't write it

The rumoured fee is £15m with add-ons to a max of £16.5m.  I would have been happy with any fee less than £14m, so if the rumour is correct we've overpaid a bit but not massively imo.  But as I thought Keane was worth around £14m as well, I think we've got the overpayment back.  Just sad that some of the money will find its way to the Arse.  With the problems redeveloping the old site due to the credit crunch they are being more frugal than normal.

Keane has cost a fair whack in terms of transfer fees over the years. A lot of money for someone that`s not exactly prolific in front of goal (i know he`s more of a creator though) but still.......

Tottenham to Liverpool - £20m.

Leeds to Tottenham - £7m.

Inter Milan to Leeds - £12m.

Coventry to Inter Milan - £13m.

Wolves to Coventry - £6m.

Total - £58m

Bentley and Arshavin are two players we should have been bidding for, putting aside my dislike for spurs, if they come off, they will be two very good signings, add that to Modric and they are teaching us a lesson on the transfer front.

Keane has cost a fair whack in terms of transfer fees over the years. A lot of money for someone that`s not exactly prolific in front of goal (i know he`s more of a creator though) but still.......

Tottenham to Liverpool - £20m.

Leeds to Tottenham - £7m.

Inter Milan to Leeds - £12m.

Coventry to Inter Milan - £13m.

Wolves to Coventry - £6m.

Total - £58m

I think I'm right in saying that in his years at Spurs Keane always got double figures in the league but never exceeded 16.  Very respectable consistency (especially when taking the assists into account) but not quite top draw.  Yes, he had his strops and arm waving, but he offered a lot more than say Defoe, who is a much better finisher but with not a lot else to his game.  I'm sure keane will get a warm welcome when he comes back with Liverpool, he went about his move in a manner not dissimilar to Carrick. 

Sounds like Man Utd and Spurs are talking again, maybe the Keane settlement has shown Utd the way forward.  Berbatov gone for £28m before the weekend is being widely rumoured.

Shame that Barca wouldn't increase their bid.

Guest neesy111

Bentley and Arshavin are two players we should have been bidding for, putting aside my dislike for spurs, if they come off, they will be two very good signings, add that to Modric and they are teaching us a lesson on the transfer front.

i honestly don't see the fuss is about for bentley, the only thing i remember last season he scored twice against us

good player but not worth over 15 million imo, he needs to score more goals for that

Sounds like Man Utd and Spurs are talking again, maybe the Keane settlement has shown Utd the way forward.  Berbatov gone for £28m before the weekend is being widely rumoured.

I heard a whisper that ManU have given Spurs until Friday and then they will walk away.

i honestly don't see the fuss is about for bentley, the only thing i remember last season he scored twice against us

good player but not worth over 15 million imo, he needs to score more goals for that

Its a fair point and I admit they probably are overpaying, but it seems that is the general theme for this transfer window, good players are at a premium and to improve a squad it is taking mucho cash - even Fulham are at it (though questin whether they are good players  ???), so are Arsenal (£11m odd for Nasri).  I like Bentley as a player and he is better than what we have got, but concede he is over priced.

I'd contemplate having a little weep if this was true.  He obviously has quality, although he never shone at Euro 2008, but Fulham, ffs?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1486644.ece

I know he did a lot more and is a better player but I can't get out of my head that miss and the feeble effort he had in one of the games in the Euros, he looked worse than Shola in that game.

I heard a whisper that ManU have given Spurs until Friday and then they will walk away.

I'd heard much the same, up to the end of July then walk away.  Gone by the weekend is what I've heard today.  There's no way Levy will accept £20m for him which is all Utd have offered so far.

Its a fair point and I admit they probably are overpaying, but it seems that is the general theme for this transfer window, good players are at a premium and to improve a squad it is taking mucho cash - even Fulham are at it (though questin whether they are good players  ???), so are Arsenal (£11m odd for Nasri).  I like Bentley as a player and he is better than what we have got, but concede he is over priced.

said the same neesy, unless he makes a quantam leap with what he produces on the field in the next season or two he'll be a waste of time

personally i'm not sure what he is - i don't see that he's good enough on the wing or in the centre, seems a bit confused himself...maybe if spurs play 3 in the middle he'll flourish?

i'd be surprised if anyone tells me they think he could go into a game against any of the top four midfields and dominate a game...THAT's what you should be paying that kind of fee for and i just don't see he ever will

nothing to do with spurs by the way, just my opinion of the lad

I'd heard much the same, up to the end of July then walk away.  Gone by the weekend is what I've heard today.  There's no way Levy will accept £20m for him which is all Utd have offered so far.

Well if he doesn't make some sort of compromise you are going to start the season with one very pissed off striker, probably playing the way he was under Jol at the start of the season i.e. no application.  If i was Levy I'd take whatever Man U are willing to stretch to provided its over 20m.