Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Manchester United have signed them two young Serbs (Tosic and Ljajic) from Partizan for £15m ish. That Tosic one is supposed to be a very handy player.

f***ing hell, I thought they were just kids (ie for naff all).

Ah well when you think mate, the base fee for both may be £8m with £6m of Addon's. So that's like what £4m base for each player, its expensive but when Nani and Anderson go for 14 and 20m its another smart move by Man Utd. If even one of them turns out well it'll be well spent.

According to the papers Mark Hughes is after Bellamy (Past his best), Parker(Past his best, never that good to start with), Santa Cruz (Flash in the pan) and Jermaine Defoe(Meh).

Supposedly has a pot of infinity to spend, and that's who he goes for?

I'm sure the top four are shitting themselves.  :rolleyes:

According to the papers Mark Hughes is after Bellamy, Parker, Santa Cruz and Jermaine Defoe.

Also saying he will bid 10 million for Given next week.

Guest Jawesome

Who was it, one of the Stoke fans I think on SSN who mentioned that they could do with '...a flair player in the centre, someone like Scott Parker.'

I mean, what the fuck?  How do people like Scott Parker get branded as flair players?

Who was it, one of the Stoke fans I think on SSN who mentioned that they could do with '...a flair player in the centre, someone like Scott Parker.'

I mean, what the fuck?  How do people like Scott Parker get branded as flair players?

i think if you support stoke then amdy faye gets branded as a flair player.

Guest sicko2ndbest

According to the papers Mark Hughes is after Bellamy, Parker, Santa Cruz and Jermaine Defoe.

Given

Richards Dunne Kompany Bridge

SWP Parker Ireland Robinho

Santa Bellamy

is still not a champions league team imho

Because Roeder tried to make him into an attacking midfielder, and failed. Miserably.

About two or three goals in a season where you are virtually ever-present does not say "attacking" midfielder to me. I'm sure even Cacapa got 2 goals last season despite being shite, a centre back and also playing in about a quarter of our games.

Given

Santa Bellamy

Quite far away from it imo.

Guest Jawesome

i think if you support stoke then amdy faye gets branded as a flair player.

Please don't let us turn into that.  It's one of the reasons why I fucking detest small clubs.

Given

Santa Bellamy

Hughes should be moving heaven and earth to replace Dunne. Maybe Toure is the solution.

Ameobi and Jason Roberts toyed with him. That's how good he is.

But 'Boro will sign someone.  Somehow they always do.

Was listening to the Legends last night and Bernie was saying they have huge debts. Think Southgate was saying they are just looking to keep their squad together.

Obviously if Downing goes he will try and replace him.

Was listening to the Legends last night and Bernie was saying they have huge debts. Think Southgate was saying they are just looking to keep their squad together.

sure i read somewhere that gibson isnt prepared to bankroll it anymore and wants the debt cleared?

Guest Jawesome

sure i read somewhere that gibson isnt prepared to bankroll it anymore and wants the debt cleared?

So they HAVE to sell?  Any contracts up in the summer?  Could be interesting.  Who the fuck is going to want to buy Middlesbrough.

Guest Heneage

How long before people start turning on "The Best Chairman in League Gibson"

Given

Santa Bellamy

Quite far away from it imo.

People also assume that City just buy a load of expensive players and hey presto, Champions League.

Even Chelsea invested sensibly over a period of time before RA arrived.

It isn't quite that easy (as they are finding out every time someone - Senna the latest - laughs at them).

Guest Heneage

I just don't get why with a blank cheque book they are buying players that will not improve them leaps and bounds. Even if they bought young talent I could understand, but players like Bellamy and Parker the latter who is far worse than Kompany it just makes no sense. Its like Hughes is afraid to spend.

I just don't get why with a blank cheque book they are buying players that will not improve them leaps and bounds. Even if they bought young talent I could understand, but players like Bellamy and Parker the latter who is far worse than Kompany it just makes no sense. Its like Hughes is afraid to spend.

Because players who will improve them in leaps and bounds will not want to join Manchester City at the moment, that's why.

Guest Heneage

But why Brummie?

They have a good solid core, Kompany, Robinho, Richards, etc. Lots of money and a hell of a lot of ambition. You'd think most promising players would want that.

But why Brummie?

They have a good solid core, Kompany, Robinho, Richards, etc. Lots of money and a hell of a lot of ambition. You'd think most promising players would want that.

Look at where they are in the table.

Why - other than vast amounts of wad at the end of every month - would people like Buffon or Casillas join them now?

Incidentally, Richards has been shite this year, he's not really going to attract anyone.

Their problem is that they've been bought by people with immense amounts of money but not the first idea how to run a football club.

They'd be better off setting themselves realistic player targets (of which Bridge is one, admittedly) to gradually improve, rather than have absurd situations like trying to hijack that Berbatov deal and talking aobut how they're going to go for Kaka / Ronaldo / whoever.

The whole thing will end in tears.