Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Has anyone even see Appiah play on a regular basis? Didn't realise the Turkish league was televised.

Emre has played more for us than Appiah has for Fener..

Wrong.

Has anyone even see Appiah play on a regular basis? Didn't realise the Turkish league was televised.

Saw him mostly when he was playing in Italy and also for Ghana.

He's a good player make no mistake.

He's a good player but an injury prone one. Fernabache probably realised his wage per game average was costing them far too much.

I love how KaKa can't stop criticising Owen for his injury record, etc. yet wanks over Appiah who has made only 208 appearances in 11 seasons. :lol:

Wanks over? What the hell?!

Hyperbole overload or what!

Notice how I never suggested us going in for him right? Did you also notice where I questioned why no one else had offerd him an opportunity? The guy's fitness issues are a big problem. However there is no disputing the fact that he is a good player though.

Lucas Neill to Milan? F*cking hell!

Serious?

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=24&a=107812

Spotted in Dubai in the stands watching Milan train.

The article also says that there is big interest in Neill from us and Everton, but Nani has denied Neill will be leaving. I think it also says that there was interest from Milan a few years ago when he wanted to leave Blackburn.

I really can't imagine why we'd be interested in him. We've already got plenty of cover at right  back and he wouldn't get a sniff at centre back with the  likes of Lescott, Jags and Yobo here. Probably just paper crap.

Guest palnese

Shearer's down to 7/2 second-favourite behind Nigel Clough to become next Derby boss.

would be a great place to start his career imo

Shearer's down to 7/2 second-favourite behind Nigel Clough to become next Derby boss.

I disagree, Derby are fucked. Their owner himself said the other day on SSN that they are suffering from spending in the PL when they should have just went down and spent the money building a side to take them back up. There will be other/better opportunities for Shearer.

Guest palnese

I disagree, Derby are f***ed. Their owner himself said the other day on SSN that they are suffering from spending in the PL when they should have just went down and spent the money building a side to take them back up. There will be other/better opportunities for Shearer.

i surrender :)

Appiahhhhhhh :frantic: :frantic: :celb: :celb: :celb:

Hugely impressive at training today, far better than our existing by all accounts.  Wants £70k pw but apparently being offered £30k + bonuses for staying fit.

mackems.gif

Hugely impressive at training today, far better than our existing by all accounts.  Wants £70k pw but apparently being offered £30k + bonuses for staying fit.

ladies and gents, MJ at his finest

you fucking idiot

Your still here

Guest kingdawson

Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah is in the frame to become Harry Redknapp's first signing of the transfer window, after training with Tottenham.

Photography/GettyImages

The Ghana skipper has had trouble with injury.

Appiah, who has been a free agent since the summer following a dispute with Turkish side Fenerbahce, looks set to be offered a deal until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has suffered knee injuries in the past, but Redknapp is confident that will not be a problem and is hoping to arrange a deal.

''I watched him an awful lot for Ghana - about six times - but I ended up taking Sulley Muntari because Juventus were asking £14million for Appiah,'' said Redknapp. ''Appiah was the captain of Ghana. He played in midfield with (Michael) Essien and Muntari - that was their midfield.

''He was a terrific player but had a bit of a problem with his knee - and he went to Turkey. But he is fine now; he's fit and looks okay.

''He is going to have a week's training. We will have a chat with him; Daniel (Levy, Spurs chairman) will speak to his people and see what the deal is. He is a good player - if he is fit he's a terrific player.''

Redknapp is also interested in taking Sunderland's Pascal Chimbonda on loan, but added: ''Daniel spoke to Niall Quinn, and he's not for loan. They bought him and don't want to loan him - I can understand that.''

While Appiah is a short-term deal, Redknapp feels he has to strengthen his squad over a period of time.

''I felt all along we needed to improve,'' he said. ''I won't bring people in and give them contracts and have them hanging around for two or three years if I don't think they are good enough. I would rather do nothing. It has to be the right player.''

ladies and gents, MJ at his finest

you fucking idiot

:lol:

Guest kingdawson

What would you make of Chimbonda coming back, KD?

I really dont know tbh. I've always liked him as a player but this will just push Gunter further down the pecking order. Gunter has looked solid eveytime he's had his chance so i see no reason why we cant rely on him and corluka for this season but i also see why Redknapp is after Pascal. Getting him in will release some pressure on king being fit every week...

chimbonda----------corluka-----------------woody----------------ekotto/bale

is better then

corluka----------------dawson--------woody---------------ekotto/bale

btw, a poster on GG who is a journalist in Spain, has posted something pretty interesting regarding a possible transfer target for both us and Newcastle. Usually i'd tarnish these lame itk's with the same brush BUT this guy is always spot on and never bullshits. I can post it here if you want?

I've been wondering for months now who would be the first to take a gamble on Appiah. There's obviously something dodgy about signing him otherwise he'd have been snapped up yonks ago by a big club.

We'll see.  :shifty:

Guest Jawesome

I really dont know tbh. I've always liked him as a player but this will just push Gunter further down the pecking order. Gunter has looked solid eveytime he's had his chance so i see no reason why we cant rely on him and corluka for this season but i also see why Redknapp is after Pascal. Getting him in will release some pressure on king being fit every week...

is better then

btw, a poster on GG who is a journalist in Spain, has posted something pretty interesting regarding a possible transfer target for both us and Newcastle. Usually i'd tarnish these lame itk's with the same brush BUT this guy is always spot on and never bullshits. I can post it here if you want?

Post it!

Plus...

Is worse than

corluka-----------Invisible man---------woody---------------ekotto/bale

is better then

Go on post it. I could use some crazy Spurs ITK-ness at the moment.

is better then

I really hope Everton go for Bale. Would give us some genuine width, think he'd make a good left winger with some training and a bit of confidence put into him. 'arry seems to hate him. Or has he been injured all this time?

Personally, I wouldn't want Chimbonda. His attitude stinks and is surely the last thing Spurs need when in a relegation battle, along with a myriad of others. Footballing wise, he's decent but nothing to gasp at.

Guest pont-toon

is better then

optimistic nut posted the link to a spanish report re the young almeria centre back earlier today in the Newcastle transfer targets thread