Other clubs' transfers

Dave

21.43 Sky Sports News sources understand that Portsmouth are in talks with Tottenham over a £7million deal for Giovani dos Santos.

:yikes:

Think that will turn out to be a cracking deal for Pompey if it goes through. Not been given a chance at spurs, but has obvious talent and creative ability.

21.43 Sky Sports News sources understand that Portsmouth are in talks with Tottenham over a £7million deal for Giovani dos Santos.

Think that will turn out to be a cracking deal for Pompey if it goes through. Not been given a chance at spurs, but has obvious talent and creative ability.

Nah, think Adams is taking a very stupid gamble with Pompey's entire transfer budget on a player that has a large chance of flopping horribly.

I think Spurs are being rather foolish in selling a rather good 19 year old player for no reason in particular. I also can't see Giovanni wanting to play for Portsmouth. I can imagine him thinking, "Nou Camp->White Hart Line->Fratton Park?!!?! Hold the f*** on here" or however you would think that in Spanish.

I think Spurs are being rather foolish in selling a rather good 19 year old player for no reason in particular. I also can't see Giovanni wanting to play for Portsmouth. I can imagine him thinking, "Nou Camp->White Hart Line->Fratton Park?!!?! Hold the f*** on here" or however you would think that in Spanish.

On the pitch at Fratton Park week in, week out is a lot better than on the bench at Tottenham, though

Piss take? He's done fuck all at Spurs, why would his value have risen so much?

The lad was being touted as the next Ronaldinho when he was at Barca, so he must have something about him. Strange that he left Barca for Spurs at the time, but if he can adapt to the physicality of the premier league, he'll do well. I think playing him off Crouch could do well for Pompey...

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is willing to pay £18m to beat Real Madrid to the signing of Wigan's Luis Antonio Valencia. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City have held talks in London that could secure the services of Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz, Newcastle keeper Shay Given and Arsenal defender Kolo Toure. (Daily Mail)

Everton boss David Moyes hopes to wrap up a deal to bring £8m-rated Ghanaian striker Asamoah Gyan from French club Rennes. (Sun)

Striker El-Hadji Diouf was sold by Sunderland to Blackburn because of a dramatic dressing-room bust-up with team-mate Anton Ferdinand. (Various)

Everton have made an attempt to seal the loan signing of Tottenham's Darren Bent to ease their striker crisis. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham have already sold Giovani Dos Santos to Portsmouth for £7m after the Mexican midfielder failed to impress at White Hart Lane. (Sun)

Bolton boss Gary Megson has tabled a bid for Portsmouth midfielder Sean Davis after losing Kevin Nolan to Newcastle. (Sun)

Alternatively, Megson has increased his bid for Sporting Lisbon's Portugal midfielder Miguel Veloso to £14m. (Guardian).

Fulham are confident of completing the loan signing of Derby midfielder Giles Barnes. (Guardian)

Manchester City have failed with their most audicious bid of the transfer window - luring Chelsea captain John Terry. (Times)

Sunderland have made bids for Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia and Manchester City's Tal Ben-Haim. (Times)

Portsmouth want to take 19-year-old Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge on loan until the end of the season. (Daily Mail)

Reading have snubbed Wigan's £5m offer for Stephen Hunt which could let in Spurs, but Harry Redknapp could also be alerted by Marseilles left-back Taye Taiwo who is keen on a move to White Hart Lane. (Sun)

Doncaster boss Sean O'Driscoll is on the verge of buying Hibs striker Dean Shiels for £100,000. (Daily Mirror)

The lad was being touted as the next Ronaldinho when he was at Barca, so he must have something about him. Strange that he left Barca for Spurs at the time, but if he can adapt to the physicality of the premier league, he'll do well. I think playing him off Crouch could do well for Pompey...

and Chopra did turn out to be the next Shearer...

Piss take? He's done f*** all at Spurs, why would his value have risen so much?

Spurs want to recoup what they paid & they may owe various add-ons to Barca so have whacked that on the price.......& Spurs know Pompey have had a lot of loot come there way of late, so they want some of that back.

Guest kingdawson

KD any news on Darren Bent's situation?

We might need him after yet another Owen injury last night.

Any gist?

Have him. I'm done defending him and sticking by him. How the f*** can a striker not be able to play with another striker is beyond me. I mean, i can understand if a striker can't play as a lone striker but not being able to play in a 4-4-2 is a joke. He can't play with Pav, he can't play with defoe, he couldn't play with Keane and he couldn't even form a partnership with Berbatov. How can you not play with Berbatov ffs.

Redknapp has made it obvious he dosn't rate him and i'm pretty sure we're open to offers for him (if we sign a striker that is). Even if we dont, a good bid will probably see Redknapp sell. Let me add that i do think he's a pretty decent/good player if playing for the right team (Everton, villa ect) and playing as a lone striker.

I hear that Defoe has knacked himself in training today so would be surprising if Bent is released.

You're right. If defoe is out for a while then Bent isn't leaving. 4-5-1 until he comes back i hope.

Think we'll panic buy and get a striker in though (hopefully it's kevin Doyle).

Guest kingdawson

Piss take? He's done f*** all at Spurs, why would his value have risen so much?

Spurs want to recoup what they paid & they may owe various add-ons to Barca so have whacked that on the price.......& Spurs know Pompey have had a lot of loot come there way of late, so they want some of that back.

Think we owe them 20% of any future transfer fee.

Guest kingdawson

Whats happened to Paylyunchenkolukavicasonavic?

:lol:

He's still around, doing very well for his first season. The thing is, i'm not sure he's that effective in a 4-5-1. I prefer Bent as a lone striker, especially away from home.

Saying that though, With the good form pav is in, he should start today.

Guest Geordiesned

Rumour is Wenger will let us have Carlos Vela on loan for the rest of the season, if he gets Arshavin in before the end of the window. That would be amazing.  :kasper:

Where's this from? Would love Vela in.

Rumour is Wenger will let us have Carlos Vela on loan for the rest of the season, if he gets Arshavin in before the end of the window. That would be amazing.  :kasper:

probably end up like Guiseppe Rossi Arturo Lupoli and not be given a chance

And i'd love Vela go out and play week in week out in a league where he'll learn something more than wha the got in Spain, it will be harder work for him and harder for him to find space. Marvelous player though.