Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Dont know where else to put this but Defoe is now out for 10 weeks - just on SSN

And misses the Carling Cup final. That's the 3rd final in a row he can't play in. :lol:

Did he even get a medal when Portsmouth and Tottenham won?

No he didn't.

Jimmy Bullard might have knacked his knee again.

We've certainly dodged a bullet on that one. Wages, length of contract and now fitness all very suspect.

Speak for yourself, I put the fucker into my fantasy team. :angry:

Guest Heneage

Tom De Mul (ex Ajax and Sevilla) who was linked with us signed for Genk on loan in the Belgian league.......sure he would have preferred to come to us

West Brom signed Argentine right winger Juan Carlos Meneseguez........sure he`s gonna score against us on his debut

De Mul is a decent shout but we don't need another Lw, and as JCM I've not seen him since his time in Germany has he improved?

Jimmy Bullard might have knacked his knee again.

We've certainly dodged a bullet on that one. Wages, length of contract and now fitness all very suspect.

Definitely, a shame for the lad though, certainly at his age. At least whatever happens he's got 60kpw x 5 years in the bank, not bad for a player who was nowhere in 05-06 season then injured himself badly in 06-7 and didn't play until 08.

But its like i've always said, players who get injured will continue to do so. At the time i was worried about putting all our eggs in one basket with Owen, and my fears were confirmed, my reservations about Viduka came from the exact same line, and it happened; Bullard was another one of these players, same as Dyer, Bellamy, Parker, Cort, Bridges, Anderton, Redknapp and many more, they break down constantly and will do until they retire. Glad we avoided this one, but feel we've took on another with Taylor, but at the cost its not really that much of a gamble, especially if we get 20 games a season out of him.

Get him in on a short term deal? Spurs seem to be fannying about too much

Redknapp on Appiah

"He has had an injury and his fitness is way below what you'd hope it to be," Redknapp said.

"But he's worked hard so I'll have a look at him and give him a decision because he's been with us for about a month now. He needs to know."

Tom De Mul (ex Ajax and Sevilla) who was linked with us signed for Genk on loan in the Belgian league.......sure he would have preferred to come to us

West Brom signed Argentine right winger Juan Carlos Meneseguez........sure he`s gonna score against us on his debut

De Mul is a decent shout but we don't need another Lw, and as JCM I've not seen him since his time in Germany has he improved?

De Mul is a right winger...

Nixon, I'm beginning to think you're a bit of a blagger :laugh:

...I suspect I may be late to the party...

He never played in Germany either :lol:

Basically, I can just imagine he reads a name on here he hasn't heard before, heads onto Wikipedia or whatever and does a quick read-up on them and then makes some comments like the ones above. "Oh I haven't seen him since he was a 5 year old at River Plate", etc.

Not again Nixon :lol:

Guest Heneage

Sorry for making a simple mistake, I forgot you weren't allowed to do that here.

And yes I was talking of Menesguez when I said Germany.

Basically, I can just imagine he reads a name on here he hasn't heard before, heads onto Wikipedia or whatever and does a quick read-up on them and then makes some comments like the ones above. "Oh I haven't seen him since he was a 5 year old at River Plate", etc.

For christ sake 1 mistake and you think I use Wikipedia. How can you not of heard of De Mul? Menesguez fair enough because it's been a couple of years since he was at Wolfsburg, but Tom De Mul is what I would consider a good sized name.

Also I'd probably pass on Dalla Bona would want a good sized contract, when he's a bit nomadic.

Sorry for making a simple mistake, I forgot you weren't allowed to do that here.

For christ sake 1 mistake and you think I use Wikipedia. How can you not of heard of De Mul? Menesguez fair enough because it's been a couple of years since he was at Wolfsburg, but Tom De Mul is what I would consider a good sized name.

Also I'd probably pass on Dalla Bona would want a good sized contract, when he's a bit nomadic.

:lol:

(Wasn't just that post that set the alarm bells ringing Nixon! I've been suspicious since day one.)

Guest Heneage

:lol:

(Wasn't just that post that set the alarm bells ringing Nixon! I've been suspicious since day one.)

Look at his career. Bar the 2-3 years at Napoli he spent most of his career on loan at other teams. He's about 27-28 now so I'd have thought will want a 2-3 year contract. Come on Rich at least give me a Veto on Serie A knowledge.  :crazy2: