Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest LucaAltieri

TOTTENHAM are ready to end Barry Ferguson's Rangers hell and bring him to England (The Sun)

:spit:

A central midfielder so bad I'm not sure if I'd play him ahead of Nolan or Butt.  Surely no Premiership club will be in for him, it's off to the likes of Queen Of The South for you, laddie...

The big boss at work is a huge Celtic fan and he rates Ferguson for some reason. Says he wouldn't mind him at Celtic.

Seems to have a decent reputation up there at least.

TOTTENHAM are ready to end Barry Ferguson's Rangers hell and bring him to England (The Sun)

A central midfielder so bad I'm not sure if I'd play him ahead of Nolan or Butt.  Surely no Premiership club will be in for him, it's off to the likes of Queen Of The South for you, laddie...

The big boss at work is a huge Celtic fan and he rates Ferguson for some reason. Says he wouldn't mind him at Celtic.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Never really understood that phrase. In the land of the blind, surely the one-eyed man is blind too?

Guest Albert Square

I reckon we could get Chopra if we go down, and id love it if we did, would be brilliant for our promotion hopes.

Fulham (who are looking to be quite active in the summer it seems) are apparently having a look at Park Joo-Young from Monaco.

Would hate to see him take a step up at the wrong time and fail when he's doing pretty decently over there.

Guest Heneage

didnt Chopra walk around on SOL with his newborn child in a Scum kit?

Did  you expect him to go round in a Newcastle kit like?

Fulham (who are looking to be quite active in the summer it seems) are apparently having a look at Park Joo-Young from Monaco.

Would hate to see him take a step up at the wrong time and fail when he's doing pretty decently over there.

Surprised that Fulham are now considered a step up from Monaco. from what I've seenof him he's pretty decent. Quick and will run all day. Not a tremendous goal threat but still good.

Also I'm sure his name has always been Park Chu Young. :lol: Is yours the proper translation.

Surprised that Fulham are now considered a step up from Monaco. from what I've seenof him he's pretty decent. Quick and will run all day. Not a tremendous goal threat but still good.

Also I'm sure his name has always been Park Chu Young. :lol: Is yours the proper translation.

It's the phonetically correct one, but people generally just use whatever they're comfortable with. I think you're right and he's registered himself as Chu-Young

It's the phonetically correct one, but people generally just use whatever they're comfortable with. I think you're right and he's registered himself as Chu-Young

Way off-topic here, but exactly how popular is Starcraft in Korea? In comparison to other sports? Was watching this mini-documentary the other day and seeing all those live events with thousands of people watching the games live and probably a million more watching it on TV it made me wonder. Those pro gamers are pretty crazy, like these clans lock themselves up in this little rooms with just tables and computers and practice 14 hours a day (and when they practice there is no time for msn/facebook etc. you actually play for 14 hours straight, they have 3-4 coaches that ensure no one is doing anything else), 6 days of the week. It's a bloody 10 year old rts game ffs!

Taken from wiki

"Boxer), is one of the most successful players of the real-time strategy computer game StarCraft to date. Dubbed The Emperor by his legions of admirers, he is the most popular Starcraft player with a fan club of more than 600,000 members and a DVD compilation of his greatest games released in South Korea."

Seeing how dedicated and competitive Koreans get can when it comes to computer games ya have to wonder why that doesn't transfer that to sports and why they don't have more world class athletes.

Way off-topic here, but exactly how popular is Starcraft in Korea? In comparison to other sports? Was watching this mini-documentary the other day and seeing all those live events with thousands of people watching the games live and probably a million more watching it on TV it made me wonder. Those pro gamers are pretty crazy, like these clans lock themselves up in this little rooms with just tables and computers and practice 14 hours a day (and when they practice there is no time for msn/facebook etc. you actually play for 14 hours straight), 6 days of the week, it's a bloody 10 year old rts game ffs!

Taken from wiki

"Boxer), is one of the most successful players of the real-time strategy computer game StarCraft to date. Dubbed The Emperor by his legions of admirers, he is the most popular Starcraft player with a fan club of more than 600,000 members and a DVD compilation of his greatest games released in South Korea."

Seeing how dedicated Koreans get can when it comes to computer games ya have to wonder why they don't have more world class athletes.

It's got a very devoted and large group of fans (I'd say it's the third most popular "professional sport" in Korea after Baseball and Football,) but it's a bit different from other sports in that its cultural relevance outside that group is basically nil.

For example, Koreans who've never watched a match in their life will still know who Park Ji-sung is, I don't think anyone over the age of 35 would notice Boxer if he passed by them on the street.

Guest Heneage

Sir Bobby was in the paper today calling Keane an idiot for paying £5m for Chopra.  :lol:

Bar Dean Ashton name me a lower league striker that has come to the top league and performed. His point is valid.

Guest Heneage

:dave:

Ok there's 1. :lol:

But by in large the track record of the lower league striker making the step up is poor, Dave Nugent being a prime example.

Chopra was totally the wrong buy for Sunderland as outside of his goals which would be a lot harder to come by in the top league he offers very little, he wasn't really all that impressive in his few games for us in the Premier League.

When you compare him to someone like Jones, who can defend corners, hold the ball up, beat players, be strong in the air. Its no contest.

:dave:

Ok there's 1. :lol:

But by in large the track record of the lower league striker making the step up is poor, Dave Nugent being a prime example.

Chopra was totally the wrong buy for Sunderland as outside of his goals which would be a lot harder to come by in the top league he offers very little, he wasn't really all that impressive in his few games for us in the Premier League.

When you compare him to someone like Jones, who can defend corners, hold the ball up, beat players, be strong in the air. Its no contest.

You mean Kenwyne Jones, who came from the lower leagues? It's all about attributes really. A short fat striker with semi decent finishing ability is never going to be good enough.