Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Do you fancy answering me, Ronaldo?

Why exactly do you think they'd get rid of Boswinga? He's been excellent thus far, would be silly to replace him. Ofc they probably could do with a proper, natural RB understudy.

Do you fancy answering me, Ronaldo?

Why exactly do you think they'd get rid of Boswinga? He's been excellent thus far, would be silly to replace him. Ofc they probably could do with a proper, natural RB understudy.

Because they're willing to spend fifteen million plus on Johnson and I doubt either of them are willing to sit on the bench.

One for GG;

Not a 'transfer' but can't think where else this goes:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5377703,00.html

Sky Sports News understands Malky Mackay will be appointed as Watford's new manager on Monday.

Former centre-back Mackay played at Vicarage Road for three years before managing the club on a caretaker basis following the departure of Adrian Boothroyd in 2008.

The Hornets are currently seeking a new boss following Brendan Rodgers' departure for Reading at the beginning of June.

A number of names have been linked with the position, but it is understood Mackay is set to be unveiled at the beginning of next week.

Will need a good old-head beside him. Hope we can get Burkinshaw back, or possibly GT himself.

I saw that, I'm asking why you think they'd offload him to get Ribery. Why not Deco, or Mikel, or someone else? Why him in particular.

because the Bayern coach has admitted that he wants Bosingwa

Skysports.com understands Middlesbrough have made an audacious approach for Gary Neville.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate is keen to add some experienced heads to his squad as the North East outfit prepare for life in the Championship next term.

Manchester United veteran Neville certainly fits that bill, having won just about every major honour during his time at Old Trafford.

The 34-year-old full-back, who can also boast 85 England caps on an impressive CV, has been a fixture in the Red Devils' rearguard for 17 years, but could be tempted by a fresh challenge at the Riverside Stadium.

He has seen the last two seasons virtually written off through injury, while the likes of Wes Brown and Rafael are now regarded as long-term options at full-back for United.

With that in mind, Neville may welcome the opportunity to prolong his career in the Championship, while helping Boro's efforts to bounce back into the top flight at the first time of asking.

Initial contact is believed to have been made and it now remains to be seen whether United are willing to do business, or whether Southgate can persuade his former England team-mate to swap life at the reigning Premier League champions for that in the second tier.

Should Neville head to Teesside, though, he could be joined by fellow United stalwart Paul Scholes, with Boro also reported to be keen on the ex-England international midfielder.

so, what would you rather have. Ronaldo or the Barce champ league final starting line-up?

Ronaldo 80m

Valdes - 0

Puyol - 0

Toure - 8m

Pique - Undisc. (reported 6m)

Silvinho - 2m

Busquets - 0

Xavi - 0

Iniesta - 0

Messi - 0

Henry - 20m

Eto'o - 20m

Total: 56m

I saw that, I'm asking why you think they'd offload him to get Ribery. Why not Deco, or Mikel, or someone else? Why him in particular.

Chelsea won't give Deco because don't want Deco. Bayen seems to be doing this out of pettiness and want to hurt Chelsea. Chelsea probaly wouldn't be willing for it to be Mikel becuase he plays most matches/wouldn't go to Germany/might be at Inter next season. Really, I don't think they need to be getting rid of the best right back as they just recently solved that issue. Especially as that Serb right back might leave too.

The state of the Polish national team is just pathetic. We gave some Brazilian a citizenship after just two years in the country so that he could play for the national team and now we've gone on to "sign" Obraniak, some French dude who apparently happens to have a Polish grandfather. I've always found it sad and pathetic that players with close to no ties to a certain country can get a citizenship and play for the national team, fair enough we have Podolski, Klose and Trochowski playing for the nazis but speeding up an citizen application just to have some Brazilian play for the national team is going too far in my opinion.

btw: Any of the people here who watch the French league that can tell me if Obraniak is any good?

This sort of thing needs to be done on a case to case basis. It's ludicrous that random Nigerian can just go and play for countries like Qatar or UAE, while players with Nigerian blood like Shola Ameobi (god forbid) or Carlton Cole (before his England cap) are barred from playing for Nigeria.

Obrainak is a decent little player. Pretty skillful and has shown a good shot before. I don't watch enough of Lille to tell whether he's been consistent, etc. but he was electric in the first half of last season. Scored something like 9 goals.

More of these at the SoL:

http://www.sportbox.tv/images/actionimages/football/2009/03/07/1236445073_spt_ai_sundvspurs_31.jpg

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

The state of the Polish national team is just pathetic. We gave some Brazilian a citizenship after just two years in the country so that he could play for the national team and now we've gone on to "sign" Obraniak, some French dude who apparently happens to have a Polish grandfather. I've always found it sad and pathetic that players with close to no ties to a certain country can get a citizenship and play for the national team, fair enough we have Podolski, Klose and Trochowski playing for the nazis but speeding up an citizen application just to have some Brazilian play for the national team is going too far in my opinion.

btw: Any of the people here who watch the French league that can tell me if Obraniak is any good?

This sort of thing needs to be done on a case to case basis. It's ludicrous that random Nigerian can just go and play for countries like Qatar or UAE, while players with Nigerian blood like Shola Ameobi (god forbid) or Carlton Cole (before his England cap) are barred from playing for Nigeria.

Obrainak is a decent little player. Pretty skillful and has shown a good shot before. I don't watch enough of Lille to tell whether he's been consistent, etc. but he was electric in the first half of last season. Scored something like 9 goals.

Yep, no constancy it seems. Carlton Cole and Ameobi can't play for Nigeria but a 26 year old Brazilian is eligible to play for Poland?

Then there was this Polish born half-Polish / half-German player (holding a dual-citizenship)  who wasn't allowed to play for the Polish national team because he played some B national games for Germany. Doesn't make sense to me, I'd figure that someone born in the country should be able to play for the national team eventhough he's played a few minutes for another country in some B national games, at least rather than a Brazilian with no blood-ties whatsoever to the country (the same thing happened a few years ago when an young Nigerian came to the country and was granted a speedy citizenship in similar fashion).

Milan signed Ally Cissokho from Porto for €15m (+1m add ons)

He only just joined them in January  for  €300.000. The Porto chairman certainly knows how to sell for a tidy profit eh

(Pepe, Carvalho, Bosingwa, Quaresma etc all went for massive amounts)