Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

It's laughable KD is even having a dig at Villa, they have been far better than Spurs this season who at times have been laughable with their transfer dealings.

"Kd is having a dig at Villa". You see what happens. Brummie has been having digs the whole time, i repond by informing him of his teams on faults, then sad people twist it to me "having a dig".

Villa have bought players that have done a job, I see nothing wrong with their policy.

Then you're delusional or know f*** all about football (the latter would be my guess).

1) Cueller for £10m?

2) Davies is a decent player but £9M?

3) Milner for £12m? (i'm pretty sure you was one of many on here who laughed their heads off when Villa offered that, but i guess it's different now)

4) Shorey?

5) Fridiel and Young have been good.

6) Heskey?

That's exactly the same post you made before except now you've included some successful signings as well, your weak arguement has weakened even further.

Yes and that's the exact same question that was put forward to me. Tbh i wouldn't expect you to say anything different anyway.

Guest kingdawson

a) Shorey has been a piece of crap. £5 mill?

b) Curtis davies at nearly £10 mill? lmao.

c) £12 mill for Milner...My god.

d) Reo coker for £8mill...wow.

E) Maron Harewood...Jesus Christ.

You just don't get it do you.

From the top.

Shorey - didn't feature for much of the season, then did very well at the end. Hutton cost TWICE as much as Shorey, how's he done?

Curtis Davies - called into the England squad this season. Cost a lot less than Bale did. How's Bale done so far?

James Milner - yes, he was expensive and we paid too much, but he produced the goods and has been called into the England squad. For a direct comparison, how's David Bentley done for you at half as much again?

Reo-Coker - come back and look at this post this time in a week or so, he'll be a Tottenham player, so you can choke on that one yourself.

Marlon Harewood - see my point earlier about Pavyluchenko who has made the same number of PL appearances for you as Harewood has for us, and scored exactly the same number of goals as him, despite starting 20 times more games than Harewood has, and despite costing 14 MILLION POUNDS.

If you're going to be throwing stones, I suggest you step out of the glass house first.  :snod:

I'm not trying to put our transfer activity in the bracket of Everton's at all, I said it was much more impressive than ours.

However, for all your listing of transfer purchases you think were too expensive, we've finished in a European place, and spent much of the season in the top four.

You spent similar amounts of money on players who performed considerably worse (Bale? Hutton?) and had you spending large tracts of this season in the bottom reaches of the table.

I'd suggest you're in no position to laugh at our transfer activity (which has taken us from relegation certainties to two successive top six finishes in three years), whereas we - and the rest of the country - are in a perfectly good position to laugh at yours.

Which is why we do.

Yeh keep laughing....whilst your laughing i'll proceed to ask you what you did with such a superior transfer policy, you'll then inform me that you did f*** all, won f*** all, nothing much of note....i'll then shake my head in disgust and proceed to walk away from you without having the decency to say a simple "bye".

The fact that you're trying to somehow inform me that Shorey was a good buy says it all (btw Pav scored plentt of cup goals if you missed it).

Wew, the hypocrisy is astounding.

This is what happens when you don't read peoples post. Where have i been hypocritical?...

1)  I said that our policy has been s****

2) I say Villa's is just as bad but in a different way.

3) Villa fan informs me that he laughs at our transfer policy

4) I inform him that he has no right laughing when his team fail him and do nothing, despite having a better transfer policy (in his opinion)

5) I inform him that even with our s*** transfer policy, we still have won a cup in recent times and managed to properly challenge the top 4 (his club have done neither).

6) He implies that Villa's policy is somewhat similiar to Evertons

7) I inform him that it certainly isnt as they actually manage to negiotiate good prices for player whereas Villa pay double or treble what they should be paying.

...because you're criticising Villa for 'doing f*** all and winning f*** all' when with their policy they spent less than you, and finished considerably higher than you.

Also number 7 matters not if you get what you pay for. Thats the point. 12million for Milner is obviously too much, but he's performed in the team. Ashley Young is another example. If they perform their price doesnt really matter. Spurs have paid a lot for players who havent performed, thats the difference.

Am i ? or am i criticising Brummie for criticising spurs despite his own team not doing anything and his team trasfer policy having serious flaws?...let me check.....................yeh i'm right. Tbh i think our net spend was less then theres anyway....

oh they finished considerably higher did they? a whole 2 positions?. I remember when we finished 5th in 05 and Newcastle finished 7th. All i heard was "We had Roeder for half a season and you still only finish 2 places above us despite you having a great season"...it's different now tho right?.

As for your last sentence.....SO HAVE VILLA.

It's laughable KD is even having a dig at Villa, they have been far better than Spurs this season who at times have been laughable with their transfer dealings.

"Kd is having a dig at Villa". You see what happens. Brummie has been having digs the whole time, i repond by informing him of his teams on faults, then sad people twist it to me "having a dig".

Villa have bought players that have done a job, I see nothing wrong with their policy.

Then you're delusional or know f*** all about football (the latter would be my guess).

1) Cueller for £10m?

3) Milner for £12m? (i'm pretty sure you was one of many on here who laughed their heads off when Villa offered that, but i guess it's different now)

4) Shorey?

6) Heskey?

Where did Villa finish this season?

Where did Man City finish?

Where did Tottenham finish?

The ends justified the means, Cuellar and Davies have looked good, Davies looked NT quality when Laursen was with him. Milner has been average but by no means a flop. Shorey has looked ok what exactly you are expecting from a left back I don't quite know. Heskey again has been there 6 months and looked average, but for £3.5 m is ok.

At the end of the day KingDawson you can act like a pretentious condescending sod and claim I don't know football lolz, or you can look at the table and acknowledge that those players got Villa to finish sixth in the league, something Tottenham never looked like doing despite spending a shed load of money on the likes of Dos Santos, Bentley and , Gomes who you then tried to replace with Cuddicini .

Cuellar whenever i have seen him play has been dreadful

Guest kingdawson

I promise you, as soon as i read that bit about Cuellar, i decided not to reply to his post. You can't debate with people that are either blatantly biased or have no clue what they're talking about.

Am i amongst the very few that believe Spurs aint been bad in their policy in recent times minus Pavy and Bentley- Modric, Corluka, Gomes, Keane (they made money on), Defoe and Palacios have been pretty decent. 

They finished the season on great form, and to get to where they finished was quite something considering there was a threat they might actually get relegated

oh they finished considerably higher did they? a whole 2 positions?. I remember when we finished 5th in 05 and Newcastle finished 7th. All i heard was "We had Roeder for half a season and you still only finish 2 places above us despite you having a great season"...it's different now tho right?.

When you finished fifth, it constituted "making a serious challenge to the top four", but when someone else finishes 6th, well, that's a different kettle of fish.

I don't really know how that works.

I also don't understand your point in the above post about Cuellar, whose post are you referring to now?

And are you ever going to answer my point about:

Pavyluchenko - 14 million pounds - 29 PL games (19 starts) - 5 goals

Harewood - 4 million pounds - 29 PL games (1 start) - 5 goals

Can you not see the irony in you laughing at our signing of Harewood? And when we flog him this summer, we'll have lost about 2m on him. Do you reckon you'll get someone to give you 12m for Pavyluchenko?

I don't.

When you finished fifth, it constituted "making a serious challenge to the top four", but when someone else finishes 6th, well, that's a different kettle of fish.

I also don't understand your point in the above post about Cuellar, whose post are you referring to now?

Can you not see the irony in you laughing at our signing of Harewood? And when we flog him this summer, we'll have lost about 2m on him. Do you reckon you'll get someone to give you 12m for Pavyluchenko?

I don't.

The fact you paid £4m for Harewood gives me immense hope someone will buy Alan Smith off us.

Even the best of managers buy crap now and then. Come on MON, have another maaaaad moment.

Kezman/Nixon implied that Cueller has been a good signing.

So what is this about:

I promise you, as soon as i read that bit about Cuellar, i decided not to reply to his post. You can't debate with people that are either blatantly biased or have no clue what they're talking about.

Someone else says something about Cuellar, so KD refuses to try to answer the questions in my post?

Come on, KD, surely you can summon up a cogent, well put argument which doesn't consist of "OMFG!! UR SO SHIT!!! NRC IS A WANKAH!!!!"

The fact you paid £4m for Harewood gives me immense hope someone will buy Alan Smith off us.

What is an absolute banker is that if someone does give you 4m for Alan Smith, Spurs will find a foreign based player (Alanikov Smithchenko?) who will be equally shit but cost three times as much, but OMG! their transfer windows are to die for

1) Cueller for £10m?

4) Shorey?

6) Heskey?

Where did Villa finish this season?

Where did Man City finish?

Where did Tottenham finish?

The ends justified the means, Cuellar and Davies have looked good, Davies looked NT quality when Laursen was with him. Milner has been average but by no means a flop. Shorey has looked ok what exactly you are expecting from a left back I don't quite know. Heskey again has been there 6 months and looked average, but for £3.5 m is ok.

At the end of the day KingDawson you can act like a pretentious condescending sod and claim I don't know football lolz, or you can look at the table and acknowledge that those players got Villa to finish sixth in the league, something Tottenham never looked like doing despite spending a shed load of money on the likes of Dos Santos, Bentley and , Gomes who you then tried to replace with Cuddicini .

Cuellar whenever i have seen him play has been dreadful

What is an absolute banker is that if someone does give you 4m for Alan Smith, Spurs will find a foreign based player (Alanikov Smithchenko?) who will be equally shit but cost three times as much, but OMG! their transfer windows are to die for

:lol:

Guest Heneage

You really are an utter cunt. Get down off your high horse, and try actually having a debate, you couldn't even get your transfer fee's right ffs.

Guest kingdawson

I don't.

I would be ridiculed if i said something like this (and rightly so tbh). I feel silly even responding but here goes...

1) 5th position is higher then sixth

2) We lost out on the final day of the season, you on the other hand lost out in mid January/early Febuary. It really wasn't a real challenge at all as your team decided to wave the white flag really early.  We were top 4 throughout the whole season except the very last day.

Tbh if we compare transfer activity, i'd say we've had more successes they you lot have (recent History i'm talking about not around the time you won the European cup).

You really are an utter cunt. Get down off your high horse, and try actually having a debate, you couldn't even get your transfer fee's right ffs.

:lol:

It's getting hot in here, over nowt really.  :doh:

Guest kingdawson

Can you ban the journalist please Dave.

I hope you realise that makes you look just as stupid.

I don't get this .. he hasn't resorted to name calling.

I never will. The journalist was angry that others clocked on to the fact that he was talking rubbish about Cueller so he reacted. Him (and 2 others on here) constantly try an bait me but i don't give them the statisfaction of a reaction so they resort to things like this.

Another funny thing is the "you couldn't even get the transfer fee" line. "And Huddlestone was £3m" were the words typed by him but he conveniantly forgets that he got it wrong to. What a journalist :rolleyes:.