Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Honestly would rather have Beye at £3m than Johnson for £18m.

Beye isn't too far off him on a good day, deffo the better defender no matter what day imo.

eh?

beye is average man. gets found wanting against better players and is not a patch on johnson going forward.

plus johnson is on the right side of 30, unlike beye

Beye is a better defender than him regardless of age. £3m would get him out of Newcastle, if that, and a £15m saving could have been spent elsewhere like a right winger. (I never mentioned about Beye going forward, that's something i agree with, but Johnson isn't even that great, much rather have Boswinga)

this thread could be worth a bump, come the end of the season.

I think Johnson will benefit greatly from Rafa, almost like Pennant could have done if he got with it instead of playing the victim; but Johnson being a defender will always benefit more from someone like Rafa than Pennant, but an experienced talented RB in Beye with Lennon in front of him would have been a better option than £18m on Johnson for liverpool.

18m on a full back, for a club which is in troubled financial straits?

Mental.

I think this indicates the departure of Mascherano/Alonso or even both.Moneywise that is.Arbeloa too.from a footballing viewpoint.

Mental.

I think this indicates the departure of Mascherano/Alonso or even both.

What a knob end Rafa is. You don't win the league by selling players like those two but spunking 18m on a full back.

Reminds me of this

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/benitez-handed-%A320m-to-piss-straight-up-a-wall-200905211777/

Oh and poor Gareth Barry seeing Rafa refuse to spend that figure on him, then spending it on a striker he didn't actually rate, then a year later doing it again on a bog standard, average full back.

Alonso is criminally underrated. Class, class player.

Totally agree,same for Mascherano.Fuck knows what Curbishley was doing letting him rot in the reserves at West Ham???Mind,having said that,he was being kept out by Hayden Mullins!!

Alonso can go missing in games but I agree he's a very good player. Victim of his own playing style and position, he'll never really get the plaudits. Probably doesn't help that he's behind Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta and Senna for Spain

I think Mascherano Alonso Gerrard is a superb combination. There's the destroyer, the passer and the aggressor. All the ingredients are there, they just need some brilliance on the wings. If they could get Silva in they'd almost be there imo.

I hope to dear God we didn't spend that much on a full-back. Christ, we should have bought Dani Alves when we could have had him for less than that.

He'd better be insanely good for us for that money. Unbelievable amount. And we still need a winger, just as we have since Rafa took over. Perhaps he things Johnson can do that job.

Kuyt will cover while Johnson bombs on down the wing.

Mental.

What a knob end Rafa is. You don't win the league by selling players like those two but spunking 18m on a full back.

Exactly.

Mascherano is the best holding midfielder in the world, imo.  The balance in their centre midfield is pretty much perfect how it is, why the fuck would he want to dismantle it..

What they need to win the league is to get another top class striker to partner Torres.

With Ronaldo and now Tevez aswell leaving Man Utd, this would be Liverpool's best chance yet to wn the Premiership, but once again Benitez's tinkering will no doubt cost them.

I hope to dear God we didn't spend that much on a full-back. Christ, we should have bought Dani Alves when we could have had him for less than that.

He'd better be insanely good for us for that money. Unbelievable amount. And we still need a winger, just as we have since Rafa took over. Perhaps he things Johnson can do that job.

Actually played on the wing a fair bit for Pompey this season.

Mental.

Reminds me of this

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/benitez-handed-%A320m-to-piss-straight-up-a-wall-200905211777/

Oh and poor Gareth Barry seeing Rafa refuse to spend that figure on him, then spending it on a striker he didn't actually rate, then a year later doing it again on a bog standard, average full back.

that daily mash website is hilarious. just read the darren fletcher article  ;D