Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I dont understand how these kind of numbers are being mentioned for Fabien Delph...

"Villa are also set to bid £7m to land Leeds midfielder Fabian Delph, who is also wanted by Everton. (Daily Mirror)"

Ultimately, he is at a league one club. How can any L1 club demand such money? Ridiculous.

I dont understand how these kind of numbers are being mentioned for Fabien Delph...

"Villa are also set to bid £7m to land Leeds midfielder Fabian Delph, who is also wanted by Everton. (Daily Mirror)"

Ultimately, he is at a league one club. How can any L1 club demand such money? Ridiculous.

I know they wern't L1 at the time, but how much did Arsenal pay Southampton for Walcott, how much did Spuds pay for Bale?

I know they wern't L1 at the time, but how much did Arsenal pay Southampton for Walcott, how much did Spuds pay for Bale?

Don't know the exact numbers for either. But they were also both at a fairly acceptable Championship club at the time.

Theo had the potential to rise to 15 million... (probably never will)

Ridiculous, completely ridiculous, but in 1 year or so when hes being chased for 30 it wont seem so, but its a big risk.

Guest Stephen927

As far as Leeds are concerned, they don't have to sell Delph. They are in with a good chance of making it back into the Championship next year, and Delph will probably be one of the main reasons for that.

They would probably have slapped a higher price tag on Beckford if he wasn't in the last year of his contract. Delph is 19, English, had a good year last year and Premiership clubs are sniffing around him, if Leeds were to sell him it would be for something like £7m to make it worthwhile for them.

£6m.  Initial £5m then a further £1m to buy out the add ons when Southampton got hard up.

Following the news that Spurs are talking to Vieira, it seems like Tony Adams could be our new defensive coach very soon.  Only a matter of time before we change to red shirts......................

£6m.  Initial £5m then a further £1m to buy out the add ons when Southampton got hard up.

Following the news that Spurs are talking to Vieira, it seems like Tony Adams could be our new defensive coach very soon.  Only a matter of time before we change to red shirts......................

Not going to happen, surely, whereas big tone has lost it and i wouldn't be surprised.

Having watched Delph at Elland Road a few times last season, I absolutely cannot believe someone would pay £7m for him

"potential"

No way he'd go straight into the first team of a PL club tbh. Nailed on he'd spend a season starting in the league cup, making the odd sub appearance in the PL before being loaned out the year after. Thats if he does get bought by a PL team ofc.

Guest kingdawson

From the channel 4 Italian Football Website..

Vieira open to Spurs switch Tuesday 14 July, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham have reportedly begun advanced talks to bring Inter midfielder Patrick Vieira back to the Premier League.

It would be a surprise to see the former Arsenal hero wearing the white of rivals Spurs, but according to the Daily Mail manager Harry Redknapp has given the go-ahead.

A one-year-contract has been offered to the 33-year-old Frenchman, who has struggled to put together many games for Inter due to injuries.

He managed only 24 appearances in all club competition last term, for a total of 1309 minutes of football.

The major obstacle will be his wages, as Vieira is allegedly asked to sign a pay-as-you-play contract with wages of just £35,000 per week.

“This is not about money, this is about a chance to play,” a ‘friend’ of Vieira’s was quoted as saying.

“He has great memories of his time in London at Arsenal, but that is in the past. The deal is not completed, but he has an open mind.

“His is not afraid of the challenge from Spurs.”

Dear God :weep:.

:lol:

Funnier than Owen to Man Utd that one. He's been passed it for 2-3 years.

Free and pay-as-you-play. Been worse deals made. I think he's past it too but I guess we're going for the "leadership, been there done it" angle a la Davids.

There are plenty who are saying it's sacrilege; personally I don't care if it makes us better. That's a big if.

I love how he says it's not about the money. He's prepared to only take £35,000 a week. Oh boo f***ing hoo he'll be living in a cardboard box.

well.. he's taking 100k+ right now. It's a rather big pay cut

Guest kingdawson

Spurs going for Vieira shows who's the smaller club in that rivalry.

Yes and league positions didn't show that already.

Guest Heneage

Well it also shows a massive lack of ambition.

What the heck happened to Harry Redknapp?

If there is one thing you always felt he could do it was find a good young player from abroad rather than resort to bringing in someone washed up.

Especially a DM of all things?! That was his bread and butter at Portsmouth, the French or African DMs. Can't believe he has resorted to this.

He's gone to a club with a bit more expectations and he appears to be bottling it in the transfer market. He's only gone for sure things who have done it in the premier league since he went to Tottenham. Doing this every time in the market is not a good move at all.

So Santa Cruz may already be on the bench before the season starts? :lol:

Even if the likes of Bellamy, Tevez, Robinho drop into midfield they still have the likes of De Jong, Barry, Ireland, Kompany, Petrov and Wright-Phillips to find places for.

I can soon see it kicking off there, especially with a certain Mr Bellamy.

So Santa Cruz may already be on the bench before the season starts? :lol:

Even if the likes of Bellamy, Tevez, Robinho drop into midfield they still have the likes of De Jong, Barry, Ireland, Kompany, Petrov and Wright-Phillips to find places for.

I can soon see it teeing off there, especially with a certain Mr Bellamy.

fyp