Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Had the spine almost totally ripped out of their side, I really do fear for Pompey next season. You cannot replace a central midfield of Diarra and Muntari with Hayden Mullins and Richard Hughes ffs, they are backup players at best.

Guest Heneage

Pompey's new regime is amusing me. Johnson, Crouch etc. out, Finnan, McCormack in. So much for a megabucks Arab.  :lol:

Maybe it's all a master plan. Don't go spending the mega bucks early.

They don't have megabucks. The megabucks ran when they weren't allowed to be anonymous.

But I thought the Arab that took over was rich? Or was he some sort of consortium, explain the situation man!

No one's entirely sure, but his personal fortune imo is no more than £150mn. He has access to rich people, supposedly willing to invest, but the strict PL rules scared them away. I was told their takeover had 'fallen through' earlier this month, due to the real money backers pulling out, but it seems Al-Fahim has decided to go it alone, with a ridiculous deal that allows the former owner to take a % of Sky money, the Peter Crouch money etc. whilst Al-Fahim hasn't paid off all the debt (owed to SA bank and Gaydamak), just promised to service it. I think this is as he looks for an investor, but he certainly hasn't found one yet and if he doesn't soon, Portsmouth will struggle to compete at PL level as Al-Fahim can barely service the debt without compromising his personal wealth too much.

That sounds really bad, it's a horrible worry to think they could all go arse over tit like that.

Kezman don't think i don't notice what you're doing (or trying to do). This sort of thing might work against a weak minded person but when it's done against me, it's you that ends up losing your rag and you end up getting banned again  :coolsmiley:.

:dave:

Sorry fella but I'm well over you and your baiting. I just think it's funny you always seem to be arguing with someone on here with Spurs related stuff.

Steve Finnan joins Pompey on a one year deal.

Dear God you're delusional. I honestly can't think of a time where i actually quoted a post of yours first. Just this thread alone you'll see you continuously try and bait (which evidently resulted in you getting a nice week off N-O). You done this when i first joined here and you're still doing it. Tbh i much prefer insults than your usual tactic of 1 liners hoping you get a reaction. You actually had the nerve to apologise to me via pm only to do the exact same thing again. Get a grip mate and try your slimy journalism tactics elsewhere :thup:.

And this is you not being argumentative? You're too hung up on my Uni course and the fact you couldn't get your clubs transfer fee's right. I'll leave you to it big man, you're way too mature for me.

Pompey's new regime is amusing me. Johnson, Crouch etc. out, Finnan, McCormack in. So much for a megabucks Arab.  :lol:

Maybe it's all a master plan. Don't go spending the mega bucks early.

They don't have megabucks. The megabucks ran when they weren't allowed to be anonymous.

But I thought the Arab that took over was rich? Or was he some sort of consortium, explain the situation man!

No one's entirely sure, but his personal fortune imo is no more than £150mn. He has access to rich people, supposedly willing to invest, but the strict PL rules scared them away. I was told their takeover had 'fallen through' earlier this month, due to the real money backers pulling out, but it seems Al-Fahim has decided to go it alone, with a ridiculous deal that allows the former owner to take a % of Sky money, the Peter Crouch money etc. whilst Al-Fahim hasn't paid off all the debt (owed to SA bank and Gaydamak), just promised to service it. I think this is as he looks for an investor, but he certainly hasn't found one yet and if he doesn't soon, Portsmouth will struggle to compete at PL level as Al-Fahim can barely service the debt without compromising his personal wealth too much.

That sounds really bad, it's a horrible worry to think they could all go arse over tit like that.

Their last manager pretty much bankrupted them with wages.

What striker in world football can't play with another striker ffs

Drogba.

that's complete nonsense tbh. Drogba could easily play alongside another striker, he just doesn't need one because of his ridiculous physical attributes

He was, as said earlier, brilliant with Anelka!

City back in for Lescott apparently.

In the 'next 24hrs' according to SSN.

Why wait what is it, over a week, to make a second bid? And leak it to Sky before you put the bid in.

Classy way of doing things. Cunts.

l"OM sign Morientes. Pretty angry about this. It's such a nothing signing and a real step down from Sinama-Pongolle and Menez who were linked before. Maybe money is scarcer than I thought.

Olofinjana leaves Stoke for Monaco. (Leaving Stoke is a brilliant careerlife move)

Arbeloa is off to Real Madrid (Great Business by Liverpool. Selling Arbeloa for four million Euros and buying Glen Johnson for five times that amount)

Why wait what is it, over a week, to make a second bid? And leak it to Sky before you put the bid in.

They aren't cunts, i love them, can't believe we have managed to get £40-45m from them for Adebayor and Toure, it is like football manager when as soon as you transfer list a player they accept your outlandish offers!

They aren't cunts, i love them, can't believe we have managed to get £40-45m from them for Adebayor and Toure, it is like football manager when as soon as you transfer list a player they accept your outlandish offers!

Great fees, no doubt.. but it's not particularly useful if you make no effort to replace those players.

Classy way of doing things. c***s.

They aren't c***s, i love them, can't believe we have managed to get £40-45m from them for Adebayor and Toure, it is like football manager when as soon as you transfer list a player they accept your outlandish offers!

unless you're us, and the player is the best 'keeper in the premiership  :-[

Guest Phil K

Yes, the way Ashley/LambsArse/Kinnear handled it was like making Newcastle look like a Victorian beggar trying to sell his good shoes for a tenth of the real price.

Stomach churning, and summing life under Ashley perfectly.

Yes, the way Ashley/LambsArse/Kinnear handled it was like making Newcastle look like a Victorian beggar trying to sell his good shoes for a tenth of the real price.

Although I'd still argue the Milner sale was a brilliant deal for us.

(Not the thread to start this debate again though!)

Being reported Spurs have bid or enquired about Bassong, Turner and Wheater.  No reason to doubt it as our need is all too obvious, I would guess 2 to be the minimum requirement.

On a forum, it's suggested that Spurs bid £4m rising to £6m for Bassong and were told no transfer dealings would take place until the transfer embargo is lifted, which could be at the end of next week.  Don't know how accurate that is, probably a load of bollo.................

Being reported Spurs have bid or enquired about Bassong, Turner and Wheater.  No reason to doubt it as our need is all too obvious, I would guess 2 to be the minimum requirement.

On a forum, it's suggested that Spurs bid £4m rising to £6m for Bassong and were told no transfer dealings would take place until the transfer embargo is lifted, which could be at the end of next week.  Don't know how accurate that is, probably a load of bollo.................

And when it is lifted we will tell Spurs to F**k off with that ridiculous offer.

Sell cheap and buy cheaper. That's his whole business model.

Guest Stephen927
Exeter City fans have helped sign striker James Norwood after pledging to pay his wages.

The 19-year-old former England Schools frontman has been on trial with the Grecians in recent weeks and was officially signed on Sunday.

A branch of the Exeter City Supporters' Trust created a fund with the specific intention of signing players.

Members of the '19/31 Fund' will each pay £19 per month towards the cost of Norwood's wages.

Norwood previously plied his trade at Eastbourne Town.

The striker scored 96 goals in 54 games for both Eastbourne and England Schools and is highly rated by Exeter manager, Paul Tisdale.

He told the club's website: "It's a great opportunity for James, both to develop as a footballer at Exeter and to feed off the enthusiasm and support of those fans."

The Exeter City Supporters' Trust has been the club's majority shareholder for the past six years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/exeter_city/8173326.stm

Come on NUSC, chip in for Martins wages. ;)