Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Sunderland have called a press conference for 9am.

Darren Bent I guess.

What else would it be? Villa were never likely to offer the purported 80k a week were they?

Expect the Sunderland are better and a bigger draw than Aston Villa bullshit.

Strongly rumoured. :lol:

4 ITK's on 3 different forums.  Don't go on KD's forum so I don't know what's been said there, but enough different people saying the same thing.  Which basically is Huntelaar 'hopeful', Vieira practically finalised.

Been a while since i looked at this thread..... what does "Practically finalised" mean ?

Guest Heneage

Genoa is looking to do things this year, looking a top four challenger.

Floccari

Crespo

Palacio

Zapater

Palacio for £3m, bargain that.

Guest Heneage

And if Zapater (which is a pretty f***ed up story btw) comes in then they got a pretty dangerous midfield/attack.

Fucked up? How so? The fact he was on the verge of Spain but spent last season in Liga Adelente?

Guest Heneage

Could do with some like him here, I guess it was right to cash in on him ,can't say I've seen much but I'd heard good things, Floccari is solid and Crespo is just another option, Crespo and Palacio has real potential, I'd put them as my Dark horse for Europa.

Darren Bent appears to have been involved in a furious row after allegedly accusing Spurs chairman Daniel Levy of 'f******' his move to Sunderland.

The striker is desperate to tie up the £14million switch to Wearside but has become frustrated at Tottenham’s attempts to accept a higher bid from Stoke.

And after a week which has seen Bent post messages on social networking site Twitter about heading to Sunderland for a medical, a new post claiming to be from him appeared yesterday aimed at Levy.

Advertisement - article continues below »

The tweet said: "Seriously getting p***** off now. Why can’t anything be simple. It’s so frustrating hanging round.

"Sunderland are not the problem in the slightest. Do I wanna go Hull City? NO. Do I wanna go Stoke? NO. Do I wanna go Sunderland? YES. So stop f****** around Levy."

If the outburst is genuine, Levy is bound to take action.

Bent is a prolific Twitter user and earlier this week wrote about missing the tour to China for talks with Sunderland and saying goodbye to Spurs team-mates.

However, Levy aims to recoup most of the £16.5m paid for Bent two years ago. Sunderland will not go above £14m, but Stoke may.

:mackems:

4 ITK's on 3 different forums.  Don't go on KD's forum so I don't know what's been said there, but enough different people saying the same thing.  Which basically is Huntelaar 'hopeful', Vieira practically finalised.

Been a while since i looked at this thread..... what does "Practically finalised" mean ?

Meant just that.  Personal terms were agreed, just needed a medical.  Then Henry said he'd never recommend anyone to Spurs, Wenger spoke to Vieira and it now seems like he'll be rejoining them.  It's no loss not to sign him, there are far more fans against signing him than in favour, even if he is a leader whose attitude we could well do with.  A 33 year old former great player now with injury concerns I don't think really improves the squad.

Meant just that.  Personal terms were agreed, just needed a medical.  Then Henry said he'd never recommend anyone to Spurs, Wenger spoke to Vieira and it now seems like he'll be rejoining them.  It's no loss not to sign him, there are far more fans against signing him than in favour, even if he is a leader whose attitude we could well do with.  A 33 year old former great player now with injury concerns I don't think really improves the squad.

Your midfield has never been the same since Davids left though.

Class is class at the end of the day, 33 is no age for someone like Paddy 'Usher' Vieira, wouldn't need to play every game but gives the other midfielders someone to bounce of and learn from.

Guest Stephen927

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8177678.stm

Tottenham are investigating comments allegedly made by striker Darren Bent accusing Spurs chairman Darren Levy of disrupting his move to Sunderland.

A foul-mouthed rant on social network site Twitter purports to have been posted by Bent, who missed Spurs' tour to China for talks on Wearside.

A Spurs spokesman told BBC Sport: "We are yet to find out if this is Darren."

One of the tweets said: "Do I wanna go to Hull? No. Do I wanna go to Stoke? No. Do I wanna go to Sunderland? Yes."

The Twitter account in question was taken down from the service on Friday morning and Tottenham told BBC Sport that they plan to speak to Bent about the issue.

The arrival of fellow striker Peter Crouch from Portsmouth earlier this week appears to have signalled the end of Bent's stay at White Hart Lane and the only stumbling block looks to be his transfer fee.

Sunderland are understood to be be prepared to break their own transfer record of £9m, paid for goalkeeper Craig Gordon two years ago, but Levy will be wanting to recoup most of the £16.5m he paid to Charlton two years ago for the England centre-forward.

And the 25-year-old, who was Spurs' leading scorer last season with 17 goals from 43 appearances, appears to lay the blame for any delay firmly at Spurs' door, adding on other tweets, that were littered with swear words: "Why can't anything be simple [sic].

"Sunderland are not the problem in the slightest."

Speaking on Thursday, before the Twitter row erupted, Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admitted he was unsure of how the deal was progressing.

"I spoke to the chairman (on Wednesday) but I don't know where he is at," he said. "He was talking to Sunderland the last I was aware.

If Bent does go, Redknapp has reiterated his desire to bring Real Madrid striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar to north London.

The Dutchman had been set for a move to German side Stuttgart last week but that fell through due to his wage demands.

"If you look at his goalscoring record it is incredible," Redknapp said. "If he is available then again he is a player that interests me.

"If any top-class player becomes available then you have to be interested and if Bent does go then maybe we will be interested.

"You cannot have two many good players. Competition for places is what it is all about. Look at Manchester United, you could pick two teams from their squad last year."

Could yet be a fake account.

Can see why Bent would be annoyed. He had a decent season, bagged 17 goals in all competitions, 12 in the league. He's then told he can leave, and what he sees as an ideal club in Sunderland are interested and Spurs are dragging their heels a bit over the transfer fee. Definitely the wrong way to go about venting his frustration if it is him.