Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Wow.. a slightly better than average defender for 24 million, Hughes has lost it completely. 

that's ridiculous, he's absolutely brilliant. Not worth that but a superb defender

The Everton fans I know (not that many granted) all seem to think Jagielka is better anyway.

Wow.. a slightly better than average defender for 24 million, Hughes has lost it completely. 

that's ridiculous, he's absolutely brilliant. Not worth that but a superb defender

The Everton fans I know (not that many granted) all seem to think Jagielka is better anyway.

That's called bias

The fee is meaningless if we don't fucking grow a pair of balls in the transfer market. It'll essentially be £18m to us, and I'm hoping plus or whatever we had before (albeit not a lot), we'd have near £30m to spend.

Not that that's likely.

What's happened to Elm? We show him round the ground, his agent gives strong signs that he'd be interested in coming.... then we go silent and do nothing!?

Banega... still seems Valencia haven't fully agreed with it (though I haven't checked for about 24 hours).

Taylor; Newcastle will probably reject £6m, and even then I'm unsure if he'd actually leave.

I'm not overly concerned yet about our start because a win next week would leave us with 3 points from 3, the same position as last year. But our squad, still without its best 3 players (Jags out till November, Arteta and Yak clearly not going to be fit for at least a month, if not more) is in dire need of strengthening. Please David, for once just save some face and stop being so stubborn and just pay what people want.