Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I can't wait to see what formation Spurs are planning on playing next season. I find this all very fascinating. Still no steel in midfield.

Wonder where they'll put Modric especially. Don't think he could hack it as one of a midfield pairing in the premier league. I could only really see him playing in the centre as one of a three.

The absence of a hard DM (and a quality GK/quality CB) generate more threads on Spurs forums than anything else.  What formation Ramos will use comes a close second.  Ramos usually plays 4-4-2 but there are significant defensive frailties at the present time.  Until the shopping is complete, it's near impossible to guess what Ramos will opt for.

I can't wait to see what formation Spurs are planning on playing next season. I find this all very fascinating. Still no steel in midfield.

Wonder where they'll put Modric especially. Don't think he could hack it as one of a midfield pairing in the premier league. I could only really see him playing in the centre as one of a three.

The absence of a hard DM (and a quality GK/quality CB) generate more threads on Spurs forums than anything else.  What formation Ramos will use comes a close second.  Ramos usually plays 4-4-2 but there are significant defensive frailties at the present time.  Until the shopping is complete, it's near impossible to guess what Ramos will opt for.

I don't think it's that hard really if you are actually after Bentley when you already have Modric.  It will be 4-4-2.

Yeah, the Mirror. Hardly a reliable source.

Think I'll believe the beeb over the Mirror like. Never usually publish anything unless its nailed on to happen/is happening. Not saying they still won't buy Arseshaving like.

Yeah, the Mirror. Hardly a reliable source.

Think I'll believe the beeb over the Mirror like. Never usually publish anything unless its nailed on to happen/is happening. Not saying they still won't buy Arseshaving like.

Yeah I agree, I was referring to the post directly above mine.

Bentley's gone Spurs.

Yet another midfielder.

How many do they want? :lol:

We should go for Teemu Tainio then ...would be a bargain at around 2million or even less. Versatile player with great attitude and work rate. Great squad player indeed!

Bentley's gone Spurs.

Yet another midfielder.

We should go for Teemu Tainio then ...would be a bargain at around 2million or even less. Versatile player with great attitude and work rate. Great squad player indeed!

fuck no

Bentleys way overated

English + £4m

Age & potential + £4m

Breaking into the NT + £2m

Talent = £7m

only the talent and age/potential bits really matter.

17mill for him is just a little bit short of being as stupid as darren bents price.

Guest teepee

Bentley's gone Spurs.

Yet another midfielder.

f*** no

agreed - not nearly good enough

if anything we should go for marlbranque or lennon, depending on wheter we want to play with wingers next season.

duff, zoggy, milner and lennon would be a good group of wingers for a club of our stature.

and if we are to play 4-3-1-2 malbranque could do for another couple of years i think

Bentleys way overated

English + £4m

Age & potential + £4m

Breaking into the NT + £2m

Talent = £7m

only the talent and age/potential bits really matter.

17mill for him is just a little bit short of being as stupid as darren bents price.

Agreed but that's the way the cookie crumbles with English transfers.

£11m would be about right, but BB want £15m+ and will probably get it.

Guest kingdawson

I don't think it's that hard really if you are actually after Bentley when you already have Modric.  It will be 4-4-2.

How do you work that one out? With these signings, it looks like Ramos is leaning more to a 4-2-3-1/4-1-2-3 formation.....

-----------------------------gk----------------------

hutton------woodgate-----king------------bale

--------------------------DM------------------------

-----------------jenas--------modric--------------

--------Bentley---------------------dos santos---

------------------------Berbatov(new)-----------

or..

----------------------------Gk-------------------------

hutton---------Woodgate---king------------bale

------------------jenas---------DM------------------

---------bentley-------Modric------Dos Santos---

--------------------------Berbatov-------------------

Hopefully we get Palombo for the dm role.

Jenas the only real weak link in an excellent midfield

Bentley isn't a Spurs player and Dos Santos is unproven over here.

dunno why people always wanking about dos santos also? ??? do they watch him play after all :rolleyes:

world-class player never come to spurs = FACTAMUNDO

Jenas the only real weak link in an excellent midfield

Bentley isn't a Spurs player and Dos Santos is unproven over here.

If that was our midfield people would be loving it Dos Santos although unproven has the ability to do well

How do you work that one out? With these signings, it looks like Ramos is leaning more to a 4-2-3-1/4-1-2-3 formation.....

or..

I would say he's more likely to play Modric on the left.  Also I can't see him having king in his first team plans.  I'd also expect him to play two up front because thats his favourite system and Keane and Berbatov will not be dropped.  I imagine it would be

New GK

Hutton  Woodgate    New CB  Bale

New DM

Bentley                                Modric

Dos Santos

Keane                    Berbatov

Obviously I expect you know more about the way Spurs play than me but I've seen alot of Ramos at Sevilla and He's pretty much always played with 2 up top.

or..

Woodgate and King both fit at the same time? Catch yourself on.