Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

He had about 4.5 to 5 million € a year at Inter if i recall correct  :facepalm:

About 76.000 £ a week, and now when he's pretty much a finished player he gets 130.000 £/week at city, he must have one hell of a agent

A good agent who found the only muppets willing to pay him that much, job done.

Man City have acted incredibly short-sighted with this transfer, do they now not need De Jong or Kompany? :lol:

Oh, I really hope poor Gareth doesn't find himself with splinters in his arse.

Especially with this being a WC year and him having - bizarrely - cited "the chance to play in my best position week in week out" as so important  when he moved.

Thank you Brummie. Certain people on here (Kezman and firetotheworks to name 2)  didn't want to believe me when i was desperately trying to inform them what type of midfielder he is. Even went as far as to say i was 100% wrong (firetheworks anyway) and was apparently laughing at my description.

About 76.000 £ a week, and now when he's pretty much a finished player he gets 130.000 £/week at city, he must have one hell of a agent

Man City have acted incredibly short-sighted with this transfer, do they now not need De Jong or Kompany? :lol:

Especially with this being a WC year and him having - bizarrely - cited "the chance to play in my best position week in week out" as so important  when he moved.

Thank you Brummie. Certain people on here (Kezman and firetotheworks to name 2)  didn't want to believe me when i was desperately trying to inform them what type of midfielder he is. Even went as far as to say i was 100% wrong (firetheworks anyway) and was apparently laughing at my description.

Don't read too much into that statement, I was pointing out the bullshit nature of Barry's whining in the press rather than making a statement of where he plays.

Just read the thread posted above, though, and you're correct in your assessment of how he plays.

He has zero pace and tends to be lazy so you won't find him charging up field much, so his game is always going to be about picking a pass, and he usually does this from just in front of the back four.

The issue we had with him last season was that we played him alongside Petrov in the middle, and they're both very similar in many ways - leading to a one-paced midfield, which is exactly how Man City have looked whenever I've seen Barry alongside De Jong this season.

Guest kingdawson

Don't read too much into that statement, I was pointing out the bullshit nature of Barry's whining in the press rather than making a statement of where he plays.

Just read the thread posted above, though, and you're correct in your assessment of how he plays.

He has zero pace and tends to be lazy so you won't find him charging up field much, so his game is always going to be about picking a pass, and he usually does this from just in front of the back four.

The issue we had with him last season was that we played him alongside Petrov in the middle, and they're both very similar in many ways - leading to a one-paced midfield, which is exactly how Man City have looked whenever I've seen Barry alongside De Jong this season.

I tried to tell them Brummie...i really did. They simply didn't want to listen :iamatwat:

Guest kingdawson

I tried to tell them Brummie...i really did. They simply didn't want to listen to me :iamatwat:

Maybe that was the problem, that nobody wanted to listen to you.

Maybe so. Infact i think you're onto something. It's easier saying stuff like "this is hilarious" , "100 incorrect" , "what rubbish" when i post something . Any person that actually watches a decent amount of football would have agreed with the way i described those 2 players but i notice not 1 person on there actually agreed with my analysis (and i very much doubt everyone disagreed with what i was saying).

http://i47.tinypic.com/2e5pj05.png

From Ryan Babels Twitter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rafa flat out hates the poor guy!

Never mind Rafa

What about his team mates

Surely one of them could have rang him

Or maybe no one likes him

Seems Marseille are on the verge of signing Marseille from Inter. If he regains his Roma form, then it will be a good signing, but regardless it's another old expensive player. Really we needed a striker more than a winger (Still need one, Brandao must not start), but I guess this clears the way for an end to the Ben Arfa experience.

Tiago off on loan to Atletico as well. Good player to help them achieve midtable mediocrity.

Guest Heneage

Seems Marseille are on the verge of signing Marseille from Inter. If he regains his Roma form, then it will be a good signing, but regardless it's another old expensive player. Really we needed a striker more than a winger (Still need one, Brandao must not start), but I guess this clears the way for an end to the Ben Arfa experience.

Tiago off on loan to Atletico as well. Good player to help them achieve midtable mediocrity.

???

Guest Heneage

Seems Marseille are on the verge of signing Marseille from Inter.

that`ll be tough

Mancini???

Is the correct answer.

He's a bit older than Quaresma, and hasn't performed well either, one of Mourinho's poor buys. He thought the grass was greener at Inter and he has now ruined any chance of playing for his country again.