Other clubs' transfers

Dave

FWIW, he's right about Richard Dunne aswell.  He's not very good at all.

Richard Dunne has been nothing short of brilliant for us this season.

I don't care what he did in the past, but this year he has been superb.

Voronin confirmed as gone from Liverpool

Where's he going?

To tarmac someone's drive.

He'll have a hard job in this weather

why assume he's tarmaccing someones drive in this country ?

anyway....he's went to some russian team i think.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5851064,00.html

Rafa Benitez has conceded for the first time Liverpool will consider bids for star duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

That's pretty momentous. Even if you do, you usually wouldn't say it openly. I expect at least three more protest campaigns and 100,000 candles lit in front of Anfield by midnight. Also a poetry book.

With this and the reports of ManU needing refinancing on their debt and all the similar problems all over English footie (Pompey, Watford, etc...), I really believe the house of cards is starting to crash down on us. A report published a week ago about the state of Spanish football showed truly staggering debts for a lot of mid and small clubs that were simply unsustainable (Atlético and Valencia for example had debts on the same ballpark as Barça and Real... and small teams like Racing owed 150m, while they have turnovers almost a tenth of that).

It must be really hard to live in England and even try and comprehend the "news" - there seems to be no standard of practices where they have to print facts without opinion.  Every bit of "news" I read about football seems to contradict the next, because it all seems based on opinions rather than facts.

It must be really hard to live in England and even try and comprehend the "news" - there seems to be no standard of practices where they have to print facts without opinion.  Every bit of "news" I read about football seems to contradict the next, because it all seems based on opinions rather than facts.

that is quite accurate

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5851064,00.html

Rafa Benitez has conceded for the first time Liverpool will consider bids for star duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

so rafa finally in touch with reality

Bit of a turn around from this

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/17/rafael-benitez-liverpool-fernando-torres

City are shitting money. They'll take them both if they've got any sense.

£100m for the pair.  :coolsmiley:

If Liverpool sell Gerrard and Torres they might as well give up on being a top 6 team, let alone top 4.

Take those two out, and Reina will be off pretty sharpish too.

Lose those three and they're barely top ten.

I've not seen all your games but from what I have seen I agree - you'd like to think that Citeh dropped a bollock when they bought Lescott for £millions and let Dunne go The trouble is that Citeh are so rich it doesn't really matter.

I've not seen all your games but from what I have seen I agree - you'd like to think that Citeh dropped a bollock when they bought Lescott for £millions and let Dunne go The trouble is that Citeh are so rich it doesn't really matter.

I'm not too bothered about City to be honest. Although if they'd had Dunne playing instead of Lescott, they'd be further up the table.

I just care about what he has done for us, and he's been superb. So, incidentally, has James Collins. Another CB signing i scoffed and blushed at, but MON was right.

Even Cuellar is starting to look superb.

We;re alright defensively, we lack a creative MF and a striker, though

I've always said Dunne is a fat, lumbering piece of shit but he's had a class season tbf. Collins; I called correctly and said it was a good deal.

Leads the back line, aggressively attacks the ball, weighs in with a few goals.

Sounds like someone we lost last year who I thought we'd struggle to replace.

Guest kingdawson

Dunne was the worst cb in the league last season (i made the comment about Dunne being crap at the beginning of last season when we were linked with him). He's been excellent whenever i've seen him this season though.