Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'm surprised, not good enough to make the step-up yet imo, should've gone to another Championship side on loan. He won't make an impact at Pompey, despite their apparent lack of striking depth.

Last week, the PSV Chairman said Spurs had bid €12m for Gomes, Monday the Sun said Spurs had bid €12m for Viviano and last night Polish TV were saying Spurs had bid €12m for Artur Boruc.  The numbers are the same, only the names change!

Tottenham are preparing to bid £25.2m for Valencia striker David Villa. (Marca 0919 BST)

I think that's Marca picking up on the Sunday Mirror story at the weekend.

Ramos wanted him and with a lousy Euro tourno there might have been a very very slight chance of getting him.  As it is, absolutely no chance at all (imho).

Guest ALNO1

Why is Ramos even watching him though? Surely he can't partner him with Keane upfront?! Bizarre.

Why can't he partner him with keane?

Why is Ramos even watching him though? Surely he can't partner him with Keane upfront?! Bizarre.

Why can't he partner him with keane?

He could but they would become a lot more limited as far as their attacking style is concerned.  Wouldn't be a smart move. I wouldn't mind though. We'll just keep torching them every season.

Marseille have agreed a price with Lyon for Ben Arfa. Very surprised at this. ???

Ben Afra and Benzema aren't getting along great and since the latter is a better player at present and a bigger prospect for the future, I'm not all that surprised.

Marseille have agreed a price with Lyon for Ben Arfa. Very surprised at this. ???

Ben Arfa has attitude problems according to many sources and can't be happy at a club. Quality, Quality player, but untill he improves his attitude he wont be joining a top league imo. I think this will make Nasri official today, they (Marseille) wanted to appease the fans with a good signing imo before letting Nasri go!

Ben Arfa has attitude problems according to many sources and can't be happy at a club. Quality, Quality player, but untill he improves his attitude he wont be joining a top league imo. I think this will make Nasri official today, they (Marseille) wanted to appease the fans with a good signing imo before letting Nasri go!

Didn't some 1 say ages ago this would be happening. Might have been everyones favourite ITK IIRC.

Villa seem to be firming up their interest in Robbo.  Brummie will be pleased!

Now being widely reported, general agreement that the fee will be £5m.  Good deal for Spurs imo.  He was a £10m keeper 2/3 years ago, but he's not worth £5m now.  A change of scenery might be good for Robbo too.

Robbo's been given permission to talk to Villa so that would suggest that the deal to bring in Gomes, Boruc or Viviano or whoever is well advanced, if not completed.  My money is still on Gomes.

Guest kingdawson

Villa seem to be firming up their interest in Robbo.  Brummie will be pleased!

Now being widely reported, general agreement that the fee will be £5m.  Good deal for Spurs imo.  He was a £10m keeper 2/3 years ago, but he's not worth £5m now.  A change of scenery might be good for Robbo too.

Robbo's been given permission to talk to Villa so that would suggest that the deal to bring in Gomes, Boruc or Viviano or whoever is well advanced, if not completed.  My money is still on Gomes.

Thank God we're finally getting rid of that waste of space. £5 mill? daylight robbery tbh.

Sunderland, Villa and Everton have all made bids for Darren Bent, all fallen short of Spurs' valuation and so rejected.  The offficial line is still that DB is not for sale.  Selling DB and then Berbatov demanding a move wouldn't put Spurs in a strong bargaining position when buying a replacement.