Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Real Madrid has signed the son of Johan Neeskens out of Barcelona (the city, not the club) youth outfit Damm  :rant:

That'd be like the son of Milburn playing for Sunderland.

Is Neeskens not dutch?

Wikipedia Johan Neeskens mate.

Real Madrid has signed the son of Johan Neeskens out of Barcelona (the city, not the club) youth outfit Damm  :rant:

Is Neeskens not dutch?

How the fuck is that like the son of Milburn playing for Sunderland?

Guest Heneage

Is Neeskens not dutch?

How the f*** is that like the son of Milburn playing for Sunderland?

Because he spent half of his career with them and later went on to work as an assitant. It's not 'the top goal scorer' it's just someone who is deemed as part of that club.

Is Neeskens not dutch?

How the f*** is that like the son of Milburn playing for Sunderland?

Because he spent half of his career with them and later went on to work as an assitant. It's not 'the top goal scorer' it's just someone who is deemed as part of that club.

The guy spent 5 years there and is from the Netherlands. Milburn spent 15 at Newcastle and is FROM Newcastle. I don't see any connection.

I'm being petty, but it was a silly comment.

Neeskens is a huge legend for us. He actually left more of a mark as a player than Cruyff did (Cruyff's legend was made in his managerial stint) and was immensely popular during his time with us. His name was still sung in the stadium years after he left (one of my memories as kid). He was in the side that gave us our first official European title in 1979 (the Cup Winner's Cup), which is a watershed moment in the club's history.

Again, the Cruyff/Neeskens/Michels era set up the foundation of what we are now. You can't really underestimate how legendary that time it is for us, even if it wasn't that successful trophy-wise.

Okay, maybe not Milburn. But can't think of any foreigner that left such a huge mark on your lot (not that I know that much of your history). Robledo?

Neeskens is a huge legend for us. He actually left more of a mark as a player than Cruyff did (Cruyff's legend was made in his managerial stint) and was immensely popular during his time with us. His name was still sung in the stadium years after he left (one of my memories as kid). He was in the side that gave us our first official European title in 1979 (the Cup Winner's Cup), which is a watershed moment in the club's history.

Again, the Cruyff/Neeskens/Michels era set up the foundation of what we are now. You can't really underestimate how legendary that time it is for us, even if it wasn't that successful trophy-wise.

Okay, maybe not Milburn. But can't think of any foreigner that left such a huge mark on your lot (not that I know that much of your history). Robledo?

Nobby Solano  :smitten:

Guest Stephen927

Rafa Benetiz has agreed a deal to sign John O'Shea.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/M/max_and_paddy/images/gallery1.jpg

Neeskens is part of the Barca family man. Like Cruyff, Guardiola, Stoichkov etc.

It's a very good connection to make.

No it's not, f***ing barca...

Give him a break, The lad dosent even support Newcastle man  :lol:

Was this directed at me?

Neeskens is part of the Barca family man. Like Cruyff, Guardiola, Stoichkov etc.

It's a very good connection to make.

No it's not, f***ing barca...

Give him a break, The lad dosent even support Newcastle man  :lol:

Was this directed at me?

Nah, me probably.

Guest firetotheworks

Hughie Gallacher

Manchester United have agreed to sign Mexico striker Javier Hernandez from Chivas de Guadalajara following their exit from the Champions League.

The deal for the 21-year-old, for an undisclosed amount, is subject to a successful application for a work permit.

"I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring here such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country," United manager Alex Ferguson said.

"He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer."

The player, known in Mexico as 'Chicharito', has agreed personal terms and passed a medical.

He has scored four goals in four appearances for Mexico and, if he receives a work permit, will officially join on July 1, during the latter stages of the World Cup. He will come up against hosts South Africa, Uruguay and France in the finals.

Included in the deal is a clause that will see United play a friendly to open the 45,000-capacity Chivas Stadium in Guadalajara during the close season.

"We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July," Ferguson added.

The Red Devils, two points behind Chelsea in the Premier League title race, crashed out of Europe to Bayern Munich on Wednesday evening.

Guest Roger Kint

Just had a look on the Dennis Wise scouting system, looks promising. Pacy and makes good runs.

They were linked with Villa recently, guess this rules that signing out.

Seems SAF is Arsenaling a lot with his side recently? Buying a lot of prospects (Nani, Anderson, Smalling, Obertan, Diouf, Tosic...) and very few "Finished article" footballers (Berbatov, Tévez/Owen, not sure where to put Valencia)

They were linked with Villa recently, guess this rules that signing out.

Seems SAF is Arsenaling a lot with his side recently? Buying a lot of prospects (Nani, Anderson, Smalling, Obertan, Diouf, Tosic...) and very few "Finished article" footballers (Berbatov, Tévez/Owen, not sure where to put Valencia)

Glazers love money and therefore don't want players with no sell-on value perhaps?