Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Mourinho is a very good manager with great self-promoting skills, Ancelotti is a great manager.

:lol: This is such nonsense, man. Mourinho's record speaks for itself, man.

Which parts of his record? Porto?

and Chelsea. A lot of people dismissed the titles he won because of the money spent but look how Scolari struggled there, Grant never managed to win it either and imo Ancelotti's side isn't as good as Mourinho's old Chelsea side even though they will win the title this season.

Yeah, Bily isn't fast really. His delivery can be very good and he's scored his fair share of goals (a few of which have been great strikes) but he's massively inconsistent and has struggled with the pace & physicality of the league. Moyes admitted as much recently, I think that's why he's been playing him on the wing all season instead of in the hole.

I think next season he will be better and we might see him start to get the odd game as a #10.

How weird, he's always seemed fast to me when I have seen him play, again I have mostly watched him in the Europa League, where he probably had more space and less pressure on him.

Was also impressed by his ball retention. Again in the EL.

Mourinho is a very good manager with great self-promoting skills, Ancelotti is a great manager.

and Chelsea. A lot of people dismissed the titles he won because of the money spent but look how Scolari struggled there, Grant never managed to win it either and imo Ancelotti's side isn't as good as Mourinho's old Chelsea side even though they will win the title this season.

And let's not forget that while he had loads of money, he won his first title against the best Arsenal side in recent memory, with a record points tally and shipping some ridiculously low amount of goals (which I fondly remember since I had Carvalho and Terry in my FF squad that year  :smug:)

And let's not forget that while he had loads of money, he won his first title against the best Arsenal side in recent memory, with an absurd points tally and shipping some ridiculously low amount of goals (which I fondly remember since I had Carvalho and Terry in my FF squad that year  :smug:)

That's nothing man, Carlo got Milan to 5th place in 2007-08!

That's more down to Man U's shitness though.

Mourinho also failed in his last season. Ancelotti has had to start players like Mikel, an over the hill Ballack, Kalou and Anelka this season. If he does the double, he's surpassed anything that Mourinho achieved there.

Mourinho also failed in his last season. Ancelotti has had to start players like Mikel, an over the hill Ballack, Kalou and Anelka this season. If he does the double, he's surpassed anything that Mourinho achieved there.

Nonsense. In the season that Mourinho "failed" he still won both domestic cups, lost in the CL semi-finals on penalties, and finished second in the league by five points to a vastly improved Man U side. (Rooney and Ronaldo coming into their own). The next year he left in September. Chelsea still have the best squad in the Premiership this season, and of the players you listed, only Kalou has not come in and done well when called upon to start. Their depth has been a great strength this season, but really Mikel, Ballack, and Kalou were forced to play a lot under Mourinho as well before (before Obi and Kalou had devleoped as well).

Man, I respect Ancelotti's record, but Mourinho's first season at Chelsea is unrivalled domestically. The premiership is rather weak this season, with ManU becoming a one-man team, Liverpool in freefall and a not all that impressive Arsenal even being able to mount a title challenge. Mou's opposition was stronger.

Of course, if Ancelotti achieves the double he'd have done more in a single season, but I still think Mou's Chelsea was just an European trophy away of being the meanest machine since 1980s Milan.

on the subject of Mourinho, I really cannot stand the arrogant twat but you cant argue with his record. However, hos football is boring and ask him to do a job on a limited budget and I think you would find that he would not be as successful as Ancellotti who, in my opinion, has the greater experience and success at both managerial and playing level.

As for Everton, I really like the way they play and can see them overtaking the likes of Villa and Spurs next season. Moyes is an excellent manager and his record in the transfer market is second to none especially when you consider some of the gambles he made on buying pklayers from lower leagues such as Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka and Baines.

I also like the fact he is prepared to back his younger players too and the likes of Rodwell and Gosling are real finds. I hope he can keep them out of the clutches of Man Utd and they show loyalty in staying at the club. It would be terrific to see Everton overtake Liverpool and I think that two or three shrewd sigings particul;arly at centre back and up front couild well see them do that.

on the subject of Mourinho, I really cannot stand the arrogant t*** but you cant argue with his record. However, hos football is boring and ask him to do a job on a limited budget and I think you would find that he would not be as successful as Ancellotti who, in my opinion, has the greater experience and success at both managerial and playing level.

As for Everton, I really like the way they play and can see them overtaking the likes of Villa and Spurs next season. Moyes is an excellent manager and his record in the transfer market is second to none especially when you consider some of the gambles he made on buying pklayers from lower leagues such as Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka and Baines.

I also like the fact he is prepared to back his younger players too and the likes of Rodwell and Gosling are real finds. I hope he can keep them out of the clutches of Man Utd and they show loyalty in staying at the club. It would be terrific to see Everton overtake Liverpool and I think that two or three shrewd sigings particul;arly at centre back and up front couild well see them do that.

He won the Chammpions League with Porto, surely that's evidence that he can do well with a smaller budget and lesser players?

When was the last time Jose lost a home league game?

Ten years ago, and it's only happened once. If I remember correctly.  :pow:

Mourinho is currently on a run of 132 home league matches unbeaten (38 with Porto, 60 with Chelsea and 34 with Inter). His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.