Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's still young, arguably has his best years ahead of him, has had a cracking season and is about to play for England at the world cup.

£20m is a bit of a pisstake if you ask me.

:lol: A pisstake? I don't know, I just think there's something wrong in a world where 20 million pounds for James Milner is a "pisstake".

He a good player, not a great one. I suppose since Villa paid a stupidly inflated price for him two years ago when he had accomplished nothing, they also wanted a stupidly inflated price. Another example of the ridiculous price for English players.

Glad to see Mancini come in and not immediately go after a lot of foreign imports and actually try to get some of the established talent already in the league.

And ultimately get drastically ripped off, and supply rivals teams with funds to improve. Sound transfer policy.

Dietmar Hamann to MK Dons as player / coach.

Had no idea he was still playing.

He had 12 months out apparently.  Seems like the thing to do if you want to go into coaching / managing and could turn out to be a decent move for him.

Chelsea apparently has tabled a bid for Touré Yayá.

Hope we keep him.

That would be a really good aquisition for Chelsea. Wouldn't sell him to Chelsea, who are Champions League rivals, if indeed he was to be sold.

I could see Barca accepting a decent bid to offset all their spending though.

Hope we keep him.

Seems a weird signing for Chelsea. They have Essien and Obi who both fill the same role well. They need to be concerned with replacing Ballack and Deco instead of those two.

Fat Sam apparently wants Nolan at Blackburn ... hmmmm.

SELL!!! (for a decent fee)

Hope we keep him.

Seems a weird signing for Chelsea. They have Essien and Obi who both fill the same role well. They need to be concerned with replacing Ballack and Deco instead of those two.

Fat Sam apparently wants Nolan at Blackburn ... hmmmm.

SELL!!!

:lol:

I could so see Allardyce offering around £6 - £7 million for him too.

Hope we keep him.

That would be a really good aquisition for Chelsea. Wouldn't sell him to Chelsea, who are Champions League rivals, if indeed he was to be sold.

I could see Barca accepting a decent bid to offset all their spending though.

Yeah, but can't go into the season with Busquets as our only DM... although I admit that I think Touré is a much better CM than DM.

I think Toure is infinitely better than Busquets. I don't see what Busquets offers to the team; he's slow, he's not the most accurate of passers, his defensive coverage can't compare to Toure's and his tackling is nothing special, and that's not mentioning that he's some cunt as well. Toure, on the other hand, has pace, strength and is an excellent tackler/defender. And, he rocked out with Xavi and Iniesta last year.

I think Toure is infinitely better than Busquets. I don't see what Busquets offers to the team; he's slow, he's not the most accurate of passers, his defensive coverage can't compare to Toure's and his tackling is nothing special, and that's not mentioning that he's some c*** as well. Toure, on the other hand, has pace, strength and is an excellent tackler/defender. And, he rocked out with Xavi and Iniesta last year.

Busquets is a better defensive midfielder, particularly in La Liga. Touré isn't as tactically disciplined as he is, and loses his position often when going on forward runs or just tries to cover too much field. Busquets doesn't have Touré's physical attributes of course, but that's why I think Touré is better when not chained to the defensive role. Again, I would prefer we had both players and deployed one or another depending on the opposition.

simon bird says we have no sell on clause due to initial size of fee

I don't think anyone can be mad about this. It seemed like the majority of people were doing backflips because we got £12m for him.

Real Madrid's transfer kitty is apparently €80m this season.

Diego Milito, Kolarov and Maicon added today to the usual merry-go-round.

Shouldn't they be looking for a left back? I heard Marcelo wasn't that great... especially in defence.