Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Exciting young players with Premiership experience? Failing to see why not?

Schmeichel is ok, but they need an awful lot of (better) players to go up with ease.

He kept 20 plus clean sheets. Ok is a bit of an understatement, Premier League clubs were looking at him to be fair mate.

To join in, also when he played a few games a couple for seasons ago for City he looked good.

He did for the first 4 or 5 games under Sven, then they conceded a lot and many were his fault and he was dropped.

Schmeichel is ok, but they need an awful lot of (better) players to go up with ease.

He kept 20 plus clean sheets. Ok is a bit of an understatement, Premier League clubs were looking at him to be fair mate.

Harper did that in the Championship, doesn't make him world class.

KS is alright, no world beater. Needs games at a higher level. Leeds just scraped back in to the division while their main player leaves on a free. This free in doesn't even go to compensate that, not by a long way.

Guest Heneage

You'll have to point out where I said Kasper was World Class...

He's easily a top tier CCC player.

Sky Sports was reporting that they're as far as in talks with Dzeko over signing him.

Don't think it would be too unnecessary, the man is a monster. His record speaks for itself.

I think people condemn City for stacking up on strikers but really only Tevez stood up to be counted last season. Adebayor was very incosistent, Bellamy played out wide, Santa Cruz is a permanent injury problem and the rest are all not good enough hence being farmed out on loan. I actually would go as far as saying they need a top class striker

Hard to fathom what sort of system Man City are going to play next year. Aside from Johnson, SWP (who is shite) and at a push Bellamy they have no width at all and they are rarely linked with any wide players. Unless he is going to try and implement an Inter style system with no real wide men.

You'll have to point out where I said Kasper was World Class...

He's easily a top tier CCC player.

Well, if a season of 20 clean sheets in League 2 makes kasper "better than Ok", a similiar if not better season for Harper in the Championship presumably makes him world class. It's all realitive, KS most certainly isn't no better than a keeper with a great last name and a little bit of promise.

France Football were linking Manchester City to Dzeko in what would be one of the most unnecessary signings in recent times.

Adebayor and Tevez are both as thick as pig shite, one of them has to go if they are to challenge.

Hard to fathom what sort of system Man City are going to play next year. Aside from Johnson, SWP (who is shite) and at a push Bellamy they have no width at all and they are rarely linked with any wide players. Unless he is going to try and implement an Inter style system with no real wide men.

I'm fairly certain he will, that's how he likes his team playing.

I'm fairly certain he will, that's how he likes his team playing.

Needs to buy some then.

I think people condemn City for stacking up on strikers but really only Tevez stood up to be counted last season. Adebayor was very incosistent, Bellamy played out wide, Santa Cruz is a permanent injury problem and the rest are all not good enough hence being farmed out on loan. I actually would go as far as saying they need a top class striker

Harsh on Bellers that, he had a great season. Hardly his fault he's been played wide.

I don't get the whole 'Perez is mad if he sells Higuain.'  Surely if they replace him with Drogba it won't matter?  And I'm sure that's what Perez/Mourinho's aim will be.

Higuain is good but he's not on Torres/Drogba/Rooney etc. level.

Guest palnese

I don't get the whole 'Perez is mad if he sells Higuain.'  Surely if they replace him with Drogba it won't matter?  And I'm sure that's what Perez/Mourinho's aim will be.

He's way better than Torres and Drogba at that age.

He's way better than Torres and Drogba at that age.

Doesn't matter to Real Madrid though, they want success now.  If they signed Drogba and his legs packed in after 2 years then they'd just sign the next big thing or another top striker.

Higuain is 10 years younger though. 

Drogba is obviously a more complete forward but he won't score more goals than Higuain will.  Why not just stick with Higuain and let him blossom into an even better player.

To join in, also when he played a few games a couple for seasons ago for City he looked good.

He didn't at all :lol:

The media were raving about him cause City kept a few clean sheets but that was down to the backline being in great form and a few big slices of luck (eg when Kasper was flapping everywhere or dropping the ball on several occasions)

His actual performances were pretty s***.