Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Incidentally, seems we are still in search for a leftback (which I would like to sign, given Abidal's fitness issues this season) and we have been linked to Azpilicueta, Clichy, van der Wiel and Gareth Bale.

Weird that we haven't been linked to Filipe Luis, given that we tried to sign him last season and he's proven in the league and great.

Isn't he a RB? FM legend.  O0

Jose Enrique would be better than that lot.

Yes, we are also looking for an understudy for Alves, and they throw the name in there in the article. Van der Wiel is a RB too I think. A bit too high profile for being on the bench, probably.

Yeah he is although he can fill in at CB as well.

Clichy's massively overrated, so I do hope we stay away.

Last season he got injured which slowed down his development but before that he's been immense.

dont think hes been really top class in a few seasons tbh

Has AC Milan got a new manager yet?

Liverpool

AC Milan

Inter

Some high profile gigs out there going spare.

Rafa must be odds on to be working in Milan next season.

Good to see Man City being as classy as ever already this transfer window.

20m? That's a joke. We paid 12 for him two years ago, and he's improved by far more than 8m pounds worth.

If they want him, they'll get him. Unfortunately.

I know.

Which is why football is so massively fucked. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and fuck everything up by preying on human greed.

Imagine how we felt when we had a great manager had us playing the best football we've played in years.

All of a sudden some jumped up club with a foreign billionaire owner paid over the odds for one of our best young players, he was sold behind his back and this was a cornerstone to the manager leaving and the club imploding.

Fucking annoying when lottery winning clubs fuck you over by being so rich...

12m was hardly the sort of sum you need to be a gazillionaire to afford, mind ;)

Exactly the same thing but scaled up...you wouldn't have been able to spunk £12m on Milner without your sugar tit... ;)

On a different note, I played footy with a mate from work today who used to play for Crewe until he called Dario Gradi a cunt aged about 17. He's a keeper and was telling me about how he'd played against Villa U16's and at one point in his career conceded a goal to...James Milner. Ridiculous.

He's so good looking too, he does my fucking head in.

Liverpool

AC Milan

Inter

Wouldn't surprise me if these clubs wait out the WC to see what high profile managers become available.

Liverpool

AC Milan

Inter

Wouldn't surprise me if these clubs wait out the WC to see what high profile managers become available.

Or see which manager has a good 7 game run and then move heaven and earth to acquire them regardless of their career before that.

Good to see Man City being as classy as ever already this transfer window.

20m? That's a joke. We paid 12 for him two years ago, and he's improved by far more than 8m pounds worth.

If they want him, they'll get him. Unfortunately.

I know.

Which is why football is so massively fucked. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and fuck everything up by preying on human greed.

Imagine how we felt when we had a great manager had us playing the best football we've played in years.

All of a sudden some jumped up club with a foreign billionaire owner paid over the odds for one of our best young players, he was sold behind his back and this was a cornerstone to the manager leaving and the club imploding.

Fucking annoying when lottery winning clubs fuck you over by being so rich...

12m was hardly the sort of sum you need to be a gazillionaire to afford, mind ;)

Exactly the same thing but scaled up...you wouldn't have been able to spunk £12m on Milner without your sugar tit... ;)

On a different note, I played footy with a mate from work today who used to play for Crewe until he called Dario Gradi a cunt aged about 17. He's a keeper and was telling me about how he'd played against Villa U16's and at one point in his career conceded a goal to...James Milner. Ridiculous.

He's so good looking too, he does my fucking head in.

We spunked almost that much on players in the Ellis years, and those times weren't sugar tit so much as witches tit.

Liverpool

AC Milan

Inter

Or see which manager has a good 7 game run and then move heaven and earth to acquire them regardless of their career before that.

Ala Phil Scolari.  Where's he at now? Sure he's just been sacked from some shite club.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Doyle go to someone like Aston Villa now. Can't see a team like Wolves having both.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't surprise me, either.

Would be a small step up on Carew/Heskey but you lot need a lot better if you're going to continue to push for 4th and higher.

:fishing: surely?

Doyle better than Carew?  Oh lord.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Doyle go to someone like Aston Villa now. Can't see a team like Wolves having both.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't surprise me, either.

Would be a small step up on Carew/Heskey but you lot need a lot better if you're going to continue to push for 4th and higher.

:fishing: surely?

Doyle better than Carew?  Oh lord.

Carew is a perma-crock these days.

Guest Heneage

Both Barcelona rags reporting today we are closing in on Van der Wiel, and we could complete the transfer after the WC for 5-6m.  If true it would be non-typical good deal for us.

Was saying we should be after him I like him a lot.

Guest Roger Kint

West Ham sign Hitzlsperger according to SSN. Wouldn't have minded him here at all.

Quality signing on a bosman. Versatile too.

Yeah thank god we dodged that bullet, we dont need any good midfielders for free