Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I might be wrong but I haven't been that impressed with Cavani anyway. He was hyped up pre-tournament but Forlan is just head and shoulders above everyone in that side.

I think you're underestimating Suarez.....slightly.

I Love Forlan. Think he's better than Suarez by some distance at this moment in time. In truth, Cavani hasn't impressed me much this tournament but he comes with a lot of hype and has done well at Palermo.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that. I absolutely love Diego Forlan, brilliant player.

I'm quite pleased that Koscielny looks pretty much done but he's had one good season at the top level we still need another CB.

Only got Vermaelen excluding this potential fella now as CB haven't you since the others (Campbell, Gallas, Lightbulb) all out of contracty? Bit thin on the ground in an already problem position.

Yeh, but personally i really rate Djourou, not as first choice after a season out but perhaps 4th choice.

Bring in a bit of a rock type defender a no nonsense one to play alongside Vermaelen as first choice i think and we should be alright.

Joe Hart also.

Man, surely Boselli could do better than Wigan?

Wigan's record of getting the best out of Latin American players is superb though so he could well just be putting himself in the shop window. Or it could be that nobody else was willing to pay that kind of money. I've only seen him play once and he didn't impress me in the slightest.

Yeh, but personally i really rate Djourou, not as first choice after a season out but perhaps 4th choice.

Bring in a bit of a rock type defender a no nonsense one to play alongside Vermaelen as first choice i think and we should be alright.

Joe Hart also.

why couldn't get Djourou in the swiss team?

Looks like another new forward for us. Magaye Gueye from Strasbourg.

Courted by Olympique Lyonnais, which had made an offer of EUR 1.4 million in recent days Magaye Gueye will eventually join Everton. On Monday evening, the Toffees contacted the OL by proposing a sum substantially identical to the Racing Club de Strasbourg (between 1.3 and 1.4 million euros). The international striker of France attracted by the Premier League, was seduced by the prospect of a bigger than on the banks of the Rhône playing time. He joins his new club Thursday to sign new contract off prior to fly with his new teammates practice to Australia. -V.V.

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2010/20100629_000846_m-gueye-file-a-everton.html

Is his name pronounced 'Ma-Gay Gay'?

i always thought it would be ma-gay guy for some reason

Guess it was just wishful thinking.

I'll still call him that though. And I'll laugh every time.

Man, surely Boselli could do better than Wigan?

Wigan's record of getting the best out of Latin American players is superb though so he could well just be putting himself in the shop window. Or it could be that nobody else was willing to pay that kind of money. I've only seen him play once and he didn't impress me in the slightest.

He only does well because he has the best midfield in South America behind him.

David Silva completes Citeh deal.

Great player. How much?

Sure I heard 25mill mentioned .. could be wrong

Daily Mail say £30mill

The new Barça president is apparently making a last ditch effort to convince Touré of staying. Guardiola to meet with the player.

Do you prefer him or Busquets as a player?

The new Barça president is apparently making a last ditch effort to convince Touré of staying. Guardiola to meet with the player.

Do you prefer him or Busquets as a player?

Touré is way better going forward, Busquets is actually better defensively. So I'd want both and start Touré since most teams will play 10 behind ball against us.

Surprised Silva didn't have any better offers. Weren't Real Madrid interested before they got Di Maria? I'm impressed but annoyed at the same time. At least the Premier League is fighting back in the great war with La Liga!

Is it me or are City close to have a better squad than ManU if they complete the Touré signing? Apart from that Mexican fella they have done fuck all in the transfer market and the lot of Giggs/Scholes/Rio are going to be yet another year older. Rooney doesn't repeat this year's performance and they are fucked.

I'd put my dislike for City aside for a season if they were to finish above them next season. So fun.