Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Christ man thats insane, football in europe is screaming out for a salary cap and squad size limit.

Agreed. I mean, what the fuck is he going to do with £221,000 per week? What would anyone do with it?

Well, Oba would spend it somehow I suppose.

Benfica and Porto really do stockpile South Americans.

Similar pace of game, similar style of football, buy em cheap flog em big. Not massive language/lifestyle changes to make.

Guest Heneage

Joao Moutinho to Porto for nine million.

Surprised at that. I didn't expect him to move to a different Portuguese club, thought he would go to Spain.

Apparently they received no offers from abroad. He really has fallen though, stripped of the Sporting captaincy, no real interest from the big leagues, Porto is his big chance. By comparison Veloso is the better prospect of Sporting.

Christ man thats insane, football in europe is screaming out for a salary cap and squad size limit.

Agreed. I mean, what the f*** is he going to do with £221,000 per week? What would anyone do with it?

Presumably he'll support himself and his family, buy himself some nice things, and invest the rest in interest bearing accounts or his own personal business ventures. Like everyone with a sense of money management would. It really is not that much money. There are many people who have a much larger stream of income for a mcuh longer period of time than footballers. I don't begrudge him for following the money.

We could do a lot worse than approaching Man City for a loan. :lol:

Now Onuoha-Sunderland link has gone quiet you should really go for him, such a good player. I really rate him.

Agreed. I mean, what the f*** is he going to do with £221,000 per week? What would anyone do with it?

Presumably he'll support himself and his family, buy himself some nice things, and invest the rest in interest bearing accounts or his own personal business ventures. Like everyone with a sense of money management would. It really is not that much money. There are many people who have a much larger stream of income for a mcuh longer period of time than footballers. I don't begrudge him for following the money.

Not saying I 'begrudge' him following the money at all, I just merely wonder how, even with the money Man City have, they can bring themselves to offer Yaya Toure that kind of wage, he's a canny player but he's not an £11m per year player.

Certainly don't begrudge him following the money, I'm often defending footballers wages based on the fact it's a short career in which money is rife to my football-hating father-in-law. Feel quite dirty doing so mind but I just can't understand why he doesn't like football so I think I only do it to wind him up even more.

That's very easy to say for somebody who is from a country like Nigeria where they are often handing out $1m wins over the phone on a daily basis.

Now Onuoha-Sunderland link has gone quiet you should really go for him, such a good player. I really rate him.

Was on about cash tbf.

Was on about cash tbf.

Give it a year or two and they'll give us £30m for Vuckic...

That's very easy to say for somebody who is from a country like Nigeria where they are often handing out $1m wins over the phone on a daily basis.

Sorry, but that was hilarious.

:lol:

Guest Heneage

Wayne Brown, the defender who supported the BNP and had big fall out with team mates is having a medical at Preston.

Guest firetotheworks

So there we have it. PNE, the manager, the players, the chairman, the fans, the city, the stadium are all massive racists.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah they haven't signed Joey Barton, and they are not Newcastle, so nowt will be said.

Phil?

Dr. Philip K Spaceman?

He could of done better, could have seen him going somewhere like you or Everton.

If he could have done better, he'd have signed for better. He's a pretty limited player, I could see why no PL club was interested.

Guest gggg

He could of done better, could have seen him going somewhere like you or Everton.

Scott McDonald had a better record in Scotland and has more ability so he's lucky to end up at the same club.

Scott McDonald had a better record in Scotland and has more ability so he's lucky to end up at the same club.

Scott McDonald doesn't have a better record.

Proof:

Scott McDonald : Celtic  88 apps (51 goals)

Kris Boyd : Rangers 143 apps (101 goals)

We really missed an opportunity here :(