Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Would be a good deal for Everton, they could end up squeezing another player out of them or some cash.

Ireland would work well at Everton, probably more so than Arteta.

Eh? Arteta has been class for Everton for a number of seasons now.

Big injury last season, 28, last chance to move for good money.

Yeah, a big injury and then he came back and was top class again coinciding with our great run of form.

It's impossible to understate how important he is to our team. Ireland is half the player and has a reputation bigger than he deserves so to say he'd work better here than Arteta is just total nonsense to be frank.

Guest Heneage

Swap Johnson for Bellamy and we got a deal 1878?

Was just about to say the same. Johnson is the only stickler for me in there, Arteta is good, and I'd say worth around 15m, so Ireland worth 8m, Onouha worth 4-5m and Bellamy around the same you've got a good deal.

Would be a good deal for Everton, they could end up squeezing another player out of them or some cash.

Yeah, a big injury and then he came back and was top class again coinciding with our great run of form.

It's impossible to understate how important he is to our team. Ireland is half the player and has a reputation bigger than he deserves so to say he'd work better here than Arteta is just total nonsense to be frank.

If he's that good a player then he deserves his chance at a big club then.

:undecided:

I'd still be very apprehensive. I'd rather Arteta just stayed because the damage him leaving would do to our side is huge. I don't think we could replace him adequately without spending over £20m and players in that bracket probably wouldn't want to come to Everton anyway. Steven Ireland certainly can't replace him.

On paper an offer of Ireland/Onouha/Bellamy would improve the squad as a whole but I think in practice we'd be weakened because the midfield would have a gaping hole.

He is that good. If it was someone like Inter and they were offering cash then I'd be gutted but could accept it.

Going to City who aren't even in the CL for a pisstake offer would be another matter entirely.

:undecided:

I'd still be very apprehensive. I'd rather Arteta just stayed because the damage him leaving would do to our side is huge. I don't think we could replace him adequately without spending over £20m and players in that bracket probably wouldn't want to come to Everton anyway. Steven Ireland certainly can't replace him.

On paper an offer of Ireland/Onouha/Bellamy would improve the squad as a whole but I think in practice we'd be weakened because the midfield would have a gaping hole.

You'd be far better asking for £50m and using the money on players that aren't overpaid City rejects imo

He is that good. If it was someone like Inter and they were offering cash then I'd be gutted but could accept it.

Going to City who aren't even in the CL for a pisstake offer would be another matter entirely.

I'm just messing with you, I know how good he is, but do think Ireland is an excellent player and will get you goals galore and his work rate would tie in nicely with Everton's setup. As we've seen with Lescott, you won't do bad out of any deal with Citeh, far from it.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

http://soccerlens.com/shirts/files/2009/07/everton_0910-away_shirt.jpg

Match made in heaven.

Guest Heneage

Yeah you fuckers!

I thought it was just his girlfriends?

No no, I'm sure I remember reading he did it as a nod to a cancer charity. Like Bramble and a few others who do the A sign when they score, that's also something to do with charity.

Yeah you fuckers!

I thought it was just his girlfriends?

No no, I'm sure I remember reading he did it as a nod to a cancer charity. Like Bramble and a few others who do the A sign when they score, that's also something to do with charity.

His house is the same.

Personally, it would take an astronomical offer to consider letting Arteta go. It can't be emphasised enough how important he is to us. And even if we got big money, to get a midfielder in as good as him would be pretty hard due to the fact few of that level would realistically come to us.

Guest firetotheworks

If I was an Everton fan and got offered Bellamy/Ireland and Onuha I'd be torn I think, but only for sentimental reasons. Arteta's mint, but he's 29, had an injury filled season, and those 3 players would improve Everton more than keeping Arteta imo. But then I'm not an Everton fan.

Arteta can pretty much play at the top level until he's 32. I think Ireland can become a very good player under good management (which I believe Moyes would provide), but presumably he's on some big wages since he signed a new contract recently.

I'd probably stick with Arteta since he's proven to improve Everton significantly when he's on the pitch, but I can see an argument for the transfer.

Aye, heard some blokes in work today saying Anana + Ireland + Johnson for 'Michael' Arteta. I presume they meant Onuoha?

That would be a brilliant deal imo

Aye, heard some blokes in work today saying Anana + Ireland + Johnson for 'Michael' Arteta. I presume they meant Onuoha?

That would be a brilliant deal imo

For who?  Is Michael Johnson not finished now?  Seems the kind of story where his career goes down the pan now tbh.

As a good as Arteta is for Everton he is seems to be becoming a bit of a perma crock. At 29 I'd certianly listen to offers but given his quality and how important he is to Everton I'd want a better deal that City are allegedly.

Having said that I'd wait to see what Pinaar is doing. Don't want to be selling all your creativity at once.