Other clubs' transfers

Dave

So according to BBC, Prince Boateng was bought by Genoa and immediately loaned to AC Milan who will buy him at the end of the loan. Very odd deal. I presume that the future fee Milan will pay them is higher than what they paid Portsmouth. They should just hope the euro maintains its value over this period.

I'm also very happy the Marseille seem to be making swift progress in trying to acquire Gignac and Remy. These should have been the original types of targets instead of targeting Fabiano, Gilardino, and similar players. Hopefully this can expedite a potential Ben Arfa to Newcastle transfer as well.

So according to BBC, Prince Boateng was bought by Genoa and immediately loaned to AC Milan who will buy him at the end of the loan. Very odd deal. I presume that the future fee Milan will pay them is higher than what they paid Portsmouth. They should just hope the euro maintains its value over this period.

I'm also very happy the Marseille seem to be making swift progress in trying to acquire Gignac and Remy. These should have been the original types of targets instead of targeting Fabiano, Gilardino, and similar players. Hopefully this can expedite a potential Ben Arfa to Newcastle transfer as well.

Nowt bent about that Boateng transfer at all. Bloody Italians.

Milan's sporting director has admitted that they are interested in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and would like a swap deal. Swap with who? Don't think  Pato is on the table.

Thiago Silva and Pato are the only players that would get anywhere near the Barca team that i can think of. Also Milan would be struggling with Zibras wages as they're not doing to grand financially.

Milner saga finally over, but the whole deal worth £26M  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rising to 29m with addons, by all accounts.

Jesus titty wept.

Just short of £30m for someone who's main attribute is "trying hard"

He's more than that, he can use both feet too ;)

City obviously don't know that you won't win anything with a team of James Milners.

They could have bought Khedira and Ozil for the same price n all. Absolute f***ing madness.

Neither are 'home grown' - I suppose that's what they need.

City obviously don't know that you won't win anything with a team of James Milners.

They could have bought Khedira and Ozil for the same price n all. Absolute f***ing madness.

Neither are 'home grown' - I suppose that's what they need.

Keep Ireland/Bellamy, job done.

Milner saga finally over, but the whole deal worth £26M  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jesus titty wept.

He's more than that, he can use both feet too ;)

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, he's just not worth that much.

And for all the "see, Lerner's all about the money with the Milner deal" guff in the media, if that were the case, we would have insisted on straight cash.

I like Ireland, he's what we've needed for a while, a central midfielder with a bit of nous, a bit of guile. Good deal.

Guest Heneage

Jesus titty wept.

Maybe they'll take Neesy for a similar price and allow us to fund a deal for Ben Arfa.

I think the last few days of the transfer window will be mega busy. All the players who want first team action but aren't in the 25 man squad, all the youngsters on the fringe of the first team for the top clubs, etc. There may not be a lot of cash buys but I'll be surprised if there aren't a lot of loans. There doesn't seem to have been that much business done yet apart from that done by the usual big clubs.

Jon Cross from The Mirror reckons we tried really hard on Jagielka but he was over priced.

Squillaci it is he reckons.

Don't rate him and can't see him being a target for opposition as he isn't the strongest.

It's probably already been discussed, but Shay Given's behaviour is a bit dodgy. While he was with us, he had a bit of a history of threatening to leave every time he was dropped. He's not long joined City (having left us in the shit) and should give them at least another season.

You made your bed, Shay, now lie on it.

It's probably already been discussed, but Shay Given's behaviour is a bit dodgy. While he was with us, he had a bit of a history of threatening to leave every time he was dropped. He's not long joined City (having left us in the shit) and should give them at least another season.

You made your bed, Shay, now lie on it.

In his defence he has previously had some reason to be slightly annoyed, as he's always been the best keeper at the club.

But in this case he hasn't got a leg to stand on, as he signed for Man City when he was always likely to be competing with world-class players. He's luckily they didn't sign Casillas or someone like that TBH.

It must be awful for keepers - not like you can be versatile and play somewhere else.

I can't really blame Given now that he knows Hart will be number one all season. He just wants to play. I'd rather someone like that be looking to move away and play rather than sitting on the bench collecting massive wages tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

It must be awful for keepers - not like you can be versatile and play somewhere else.

I can't really blame Given now that he knows Hart will be number one all season. He just wants to play. I'd rather someone like that be looking to move away and play rather than sitting on the bench collecting massive wages tbh.

Too right. Bravo Shay for moving on after two games on the bench, he is all heart thinking of the skint arabs bank balance over his own!

Too right. Bravo Shay for moving on after two games on the bench, he is all heart thinking of the skint arabs bank balance over his own!

So you think he should stay at a club where he's not likely to play?

Nowt bent about that Boateng transfer at all. Bloody Italians.

Preziosi explains Boateng transfer

http://www.football-italia.net/aug17q.html