Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Players like Barry and Keane wont make them significantly stronger imo. Is Barry really superior to Alonso? i think not (altough a Barry Gerrard Combo may work better then Alonso Gerrard). Saying that, Rafa will probably shift Gerrard to the right again which makes the Barry signing a bit confusing.

As for Keane, i suppose he'll improve them, but then so would any half decent striker they sign.

Players like Barry and Keane wont make them significantly stronger imo. Is Barry really superior to Alonso? i think not (altough a Barry Gerrard Combo may work better then Alonso Gerrard). Saying that, Rafa will probably shift Gerrard to the right again which makes the Barry signing a bit confusing.

As for Keane, i suppose he'll improve them, but then so would any half decent striker they sign.

Absolutely, i mean they would improve any squad but it's still lightyears from a serious title challenge. They 2/3 more Torres calibre players if they have any hope and lets be hojnest liverpool don't have the money to do that.

Although, odly it's going to take similar money to get Barry and Keane.... baffling TBH.

He wants Keane but doesn't want Villa :lol:

Jesus. The fans will turn sooner or later if he continues to be a retard.

I must have missed that. Where did he say he doesn't want Villa?

'at this moment, not our target', and later mentions that he wants Keane. Think of the price that Keane's going to fetch (and consider Tottenham's cash-rich situation) and then consider the price that Villa would fetch (and Valencia's poor season as well as their cash-strapped situation).

Guest kingdawson

Valencia wont sell Villa for anything under £32m so can't blame him

Not true imo. Valencia would be looking for more or less the same amount we'd be looking for Keane.

Kerrea Gilbert joins Leicester on loan. I thought he looked brilliant during the last season at Highbury when he got a few appearances under his belt, i think this may become permanent, theres 2/3 players infront of him in that position even 4.

Shame.

Rafa Benitez has added some rather significant fuel to the flames surrounding the mooted transfer of Robbie Keane, revealing Liverpool ‘were in contact’ with Tottenham and 'will now see'.

Benitez ruled out the signing of Valencia’s David Villa on Thursday, insisting the Spaniard is on Liverpool’s list but ‘at this moment, not our target’.

However, Benitez then turned his attention to Keane, revealing The Reds are ‘still working’ on the transfer.

Beginning with Villa, The Liverpool boss told the club’s official website: "I said the other day that he is one of the names we had on our list, but I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us.

"We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names, but at this moment, not our target."

Turning to Keane, Benitez added: "Keane is one of the other names and okay we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now."

The Liverpool’s manager’s comments come on the same day Spurs have been heavily linked with Espanyol forward Luis Garcia, whose playing style draws significant comparisons with Keane.

That Prick Benitez shit stirring again.

More examples of the shitty way they've conducted themselves this summer.

I used to have a lot of time for Benitez, and Liverpool in general (it may seem a cliche, but they really did used to do things the right way), but the way he has conducted their transfer business this summer has been disgraceful.

Rafa Benitez has added some rather significant fuel to the flames surrounding the mooted transfer of Robbie Keane, revealing Liverpool ‘were in contact’ with Tottenham and 'will now see'.

Benitez ruled out the signing of Valencia’s David Villa on Thursday, insisting the Spaniard is on Liverpool’s list but ‘at this moment, not our target’.

However, Benitez then turned his attention to Keane, revealing The Reds are ‘still working’ on the transfer.

Beginning with Villa, The Liverpool boss told the club’s official website: "I said the other day that he is one of the names we had on our list, but I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us.

"We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names, but at this moment, not our target."

Turning to Keane, Benitez added: "Keane is one of the other names and okay we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now."

The Liverpool’s manager’s comments come on the same day Spurs have been heavily linked with Espanyol forward Luis Garcia, whose playing style draws significant comparisons with Keane.

That Prick Benitez shit stirring again.

More examples of the shitty way they've conducted themselves this summer.

I used to have a lot of time for Benitez, and Liverpool in general (it may seem a cliche, but they really did used to do things the right way), but the way he has conducted their transfer business this summer has been disgraceful.

Don't say I didn't tell you. bluerazz.gif

Valencia wont sell Villa for anything under £32m so can't blame him

Not true imo. Valencia would be looking for more or less the same amount we'd be looking for Keane.

I read a quote somewhere where that exact thing was said

Wouldn't shock me if Spurs asked for £32m for Keane tbh

Garcia far from a Spurs player after all.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=771332

Espanyol president Daniel Sánchez Llibre denied this afternoon that Luis García had yet left the Barcelona club for Spurs...

The veteran boss, in fact, went on to state that the perequitos had received no formal offers whatsoever for the star forward.

He said, "There has been much discussion in recent days, but the club has not received any offers for this player.

"We haven't spoken to anyone, and for me the bid is only genuine if a club gets in touch with us directly."

Brushing aside the now-generally accepted idea that García's move to London is a foregone conclusion he added, "if everything that came out in the media happened then virtually the entire squad would be sold."

He concluded by stating that Albert Riera, who has been linked with Liverpool, will stay at the club as a key player.

Real Madrid bought him for one single reason, to piss off Atlético.

So just because someone goes to Real they are too good for all other clubs in the world just because its Real?

Stupidity

I didn´t say or suggest he wouldn´t go to any other club than them did I? I suggested it ridiculous that some people on here deemed him a realistic target because it was perfectly predictable that he would have more attractive options open to him. Migueljon claims he always had a feeling it would be Madrid. You´ve added one and one together and got three. I can only assume you are referring to your own stupidity, especially if after this news you STILL believe we had a realistic chance of getting him..?