Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Cascarino dyed his hair and lied about his age when he met the Marseille president. :lol:

The days before Wikipedia. :lol:

Where did you read that Midds?

Dzeko's agent claims City weren't his first choice.

"I was always attracted most to joining City."

That contradiction should go down well with City fans. It's almost embarrassing how avaricious all of their players are. How are the fans supposed to identify with the current squad?

Guest Heneage

He did a bit of an Arshavin really.

He wore an Ac Milan shirt at the end of Wolfsburg season. He was then talking about Madrid and his agent said he didn't join Juve because it wouldn't have gone through till June.

@Pissi: Couldn't be further from the truth.

We're interested in David Wheater from Boro apparently. Good signing if it comes off, will definitely add some competition in a position that we're very short in. Cahill probably staying here till the summer too, unless a massive offer comes in.

Our defence hasn't been great since Allardyce left really. Under Megson we were just s***, but our more attacking approach under Coyle leaves us exposed defensively. I think we've had 2 clean sheets in the Premiership this season. The Cahill-Knight partnership hasn't worked that well to be honest, in fact the Knight-Sam Ricketts last season looked more solid.

I don't think selling Cahill would be that huge of a loss really (provided a decent replacement was already there), the money we'd get would allow us to get a couple of squad players in, as well as paying off a bit of our debt to our owner and getting rid of deadwood.

Then again, I can't really moan as we've got a +5 goal difference in January for the first time in ages.

So next season Bolton's central defensive  will be Zat Knight and David Wheater.Speaks volumes for where Bolton will be in 2 seasons time.

Not necessarily, we're likely to sign another CB when Cahill leaves. Think this is more to replace O'Brien than anything. He can play right-back too, so not necessarily.

Anyway, I'd rather have them than Coloccini and Williamson  :razz:

Dzeko's agent claims City weren't his first choice.

"I was always attracted most to joining City."

That contradiction should go down well with City fans. It's almost embarrassing how avaricious all of their players are. How are the fans supposed to identify with the current squad?

Hey, if the fans don't like it, the club can always buy new ones.

Our defence hasn't been great since Allardyce left really. Under Megson we were just s***, but our more attacking approach under Coyle leaves us exposed defensively. I think we've had 2 clean sheets in the Premiership this season. The Cahill-Knight partnership hasn't worked that well to be honest, in fact the Knight-Sam Ricketts last season looked more solid.

I don't think selling Cahill would be that huge of a loss really (provided a decent replacement was already there), the money we'd get would allow us to get a couple of squad players in, as well as paying off a bit of our debt to our owner and getting rid of deadwood.

Then again, I can't really moan as we've got a +5 goal difference in January for the first time in ages.

I don't know, if anything Cahill looks a bit more mature this season. I remember the last one where he would just rush forward and try to win games single handedly. He doesn't try to be the hero this season (maybe because there isn't so much need anymore). I remember the Villa away game you got battered last season. He was awful.

So next season Bolton's central defensive  will be Zat Knight and David Wheater.Speaks volumes for where Bolton will be in 2 seasons time.

Not necessarily, we're likely to sign another CB when Cahill leaves. Think this is more to replace O'Brien than anything. He can play right-back too, so not necessarily.

Anyway, I'd rather have them than Coloccini and Williamson  :razz:

On the contrary, Coloccini is a massive step up on either of those two. Don't be fooled by the game against your lot he's been top class in every other game he's played in this season, putting in excellent performances against the higher opposition as well.

Apparently Canales will be loaned out to Getafe in the summer, according to "As". That's what the lad needs.

Mourinho finally changed his mind then, guess he'd be able to still train every so often with Real if he stayed local.