Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'd rather have KD make 10,000 posts on here than MJ make 1 tbf.

Same, KD really does make some good points, seems a nice guy too. Can take a bit of stick :)

So does Martin Jol, on all three counts. Can't understand why people have such a ridiculously big issue with him.

Van der Vaart off to Real Madrid. And to think some people on here thought we had a chance with him..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_3805951,00.html

Hamburg star Rafael van der Vaart insists there is no truth in the reports linking him to Real Madrid.

Spanish newspaper Marca claimed that Real were about to table a 20million euros (£16million) bid for the Holland ace, but van der Vaart says that the story has no substance.

The former Ajax man, who has been regularly linked with a move away from Hamburg, expects to stay in Germany for at least another year.

Speculation

"I have checked everything and there is nothing to it," Van der Vaart told the German press.

"I have the feeling that I'll be playing for Hamburg for another year.

"Yesterday it was Atletico, today it's Real. It'll probably keep going on like this."

HSV sport director Dietmar Beiersdorfer also confirmed that he had not been contacted by Spanish champions with regard to a deal for the Dutch international.

"They will certainly not get the player without getting in contact with us - and nobody has done that," noted Beiersdorfer.

Good call.

Look mate, it's all over reputable Dutch media. We will see. No smoke without fire. Quotes from his agent: "Rafael wants to play in Spain next season. Several clubs are interested. We will discuss next week.`

Those are quotes from Van der Vaart, but I guess you'll listen to his agent over him right?

I will listen to both and point out your foolishness in a couple of days time for believing a player keeping the fans of his current club quiet before moving clubs, which will undoubtedly happen..

If so VDV is a bit of a t***. Actually, seeing his girlfriend, he already is.

He´s a pretty stand up guy actually. This may come as a surprise to you, but high profile players attract a lot of attention when they move clubs. Of course, Newcastle is lauded by some on here for keeping their transfer business quiet lately, but then that may be because hardly anybody has ever heard about our transfer targets in the first place so there´s not actually much to write or shout about...

If so VDV is a bit of a t***. Actually, seeing his girlfriend, he already is.

He´s a pretty stand up guy actually.

Eh? I was just messing around, saying seeing how he's a twat because he's got an attractive girlfriend and I haven't. And that it'd be a bit lame of him to come out with such statements about wanting to stay at Hamburg if he's not being genuine and sincere.

bluerazz.gif

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6613704

Queiroz: I'll always be a fan

Carlos Queiroz issued this statement after United agreed in principle to release him from his contract:

"It is with a very heavy heart that today I leave the greatest football club in the world after five fantastic years. This has been a special period in my life both personally and professionally. I have been so lucky to have had the opportunity to work in first class facilities with a staff team who are at the top of their profession.

"Our players on and off the pitch make the difference and to them also I owe a great deal of gratitude for their hard work, professionalism and most of all their performances. I feel we have in place the basis for the next generation to follow in the tradition of such world class players as Sir Bobby Charlton and George Best.

"Of course our success as a family is based on strong leadership and in The Glazer Family, The Board, David Gill and not least of all Sir Alex Ferguson we have the support and skills to stay at the top. To Sir Alex, I thank him for his faith in me and his knowledge, spirit and desire from which I will take strength and have confidence in my new role.

"I will forever be a fan and admirer of the club and also thankful that I had the opportunity to be part of such a great institution, a vast organisation but with a unique feeling of family and community. This leads me finally to our fans - local, national and international. I thank them for their fantastic support and encouragement in my time at the club, always there when we need them to support us both home and away in huge numbers.

"In conclusion I wish everyone at our club, continued success in the years to come and to continue to enjoy a brand of exciting, attractive and winning football, admired and respected the world over."

Fair play to him really.

Be interesting to see how that affects Man Utd. I read something a while back from Ferguson basically saying that if it wasn't for Querioz they'd be stuck in the past etc and that he's played a massive part in their success.

Be interesting to see how that affects Man Utd. I read something a while back from Ferguson basically saying that if it wasn't for Querioz they'd be stuck in the past etc and that he's played a massive part in their success.

he runs the show pretty much from what ive read

Guest MaetihS

Its kind of official in players minds that we are a smaller club than Portsmouth and Villa as reflected by Crouch and Sidwell rejecting us. i was very unhappy with our signings so far but maybe we are expecting too much. It is time for us fans to think and expect like fans of teams like Wigan and Bolton. Time has changed and if Portsmouth is considered a bigger club and "going places" than us, we really need to face the reality. We are more like a midttable - lower table club in eyes of even Prem players so we need to be patient and get bargain buys. Come to think of it, i am not as unhappy with the signings of Danny and Jonas as b4,considering we are as attractive as teams like Wigan. hope they turn out good.  My expectations has changed as well. will be delighted if we finish 15 and above next season.

Its kind of official in players minds that we are a smaller club than Portsmouth and Villa as reflected by Crouch and Sidwell rejecting us. i was very unhappy with our signings so far but maybe we are expecting too much. It is time for us fans to think and expect like fans of teams like Wigan and Bolton. Time has changed and if Portsmouth is considered a bigger club and "going places" than us, we really need to face the reality. We are more like a midttable - lower table club in eyes of even Prem players so we need to be patient and get bargain buys. Come to think of it, i am not as unhappy with the signings of Danny and Jonas as b4,considering we are as attractive as teams like Wigan. hope they turn out good.  My expectations has changed as well. will be delighted if we finish 15 and above next season.

Have you completely forgotten our conversation yesterday already?

We fucking get your point. Change the record.

Its kind of official in players minds that we are a smaller club than Portsmouth and Villa as reflected by Crouch and Sidwell rejecting us. i was very unhappy with our signings so far but maybe we are expecting too much. It is time for us fans to think and expect like fans of teams like Wigan and Bolton. Time has changed and if Portsmouth is considered a bigger club and "going places" than us, we really need to face the reality. We are more like a midttable - lower table club in eyes of even Prem players so we need to be patient and get bargain buys. Come to think of it, i am not as unhappy with the signings of Danny and Jonas as b4,considering we are as attractive as teams like Wigan. hope they turn out good.  My expectations has changed as well. will be delighted if we finish 15 and above next season.

Have you completely forgotten our conversation yesterday already?

We f***ing get your point. Change the record.

I knew this guy had mental problems from day one.

Ruins every single thread with this nonsense. Every time I click into one looking for some interesting news its this loser talking rubbish.

Adds absolutely nothing to this messageboard.

Guest Heneage

We could get Messi and they'd call him a "ST Shifter player"

For all their Quinns Disco pants they still go for some absolute chaff.

Guest DonnieZane

Its kind of official in players minds that we are a smaller club than Portsmouth and Villa as reflected by Crouch and Sidwell rejecting us. i was very unhappy with our signings so far but maybe we are expecting too much. It is time for us fans to think and expect like fans of teams like Wigan and Bolton. Time has changed and if Portsmouth is considered a bigger club and "going places" than us, we really need to face the reality. We are more like a midttable - lower table club in eyes of even Prem players so we need to be patient and get bargain buys. Come to think of it, i am not as unhappy with the signings of Danny and Jonas as b4,considering we are as attractive as teams like Wigan. hope they turn out good.  My expectations has changed as well. will be delighted if we finish 15 and above next season.

Post source for Crouch and Sidwell rejecting us please, obviously you can't because they didn't.

Who's this idiot anyway he's obviously not even a fan of Newcastle.  He's like a sad comedy sketch that never ends, just poisons the forum for real fans.

West Ham United are leading the race to sign Bafetimbi Gomis according to his agent Leve Pierre "As of now there is only one team to make a serious offer for Bafetimbi." He then continued "Yes they are from the Premiership but no not any of the big four." A statement from West Ham directors have revealed Gomis is a top target. The transfer would be West Ham's record deal with the fee believed to be around £11.75 million, but again Leve Pierre said "We will only discuss his future between ourselves after the Championships, but he did say he'd be keen on a move to the Premiership." Other clubs that have been linked with a move for the player include Milan and Chelsea.