Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Rumor going round that we'll try to get Cesc to do a Webster this summer in reprisal. That would bring the cost of signing him down to 25m-ish. Don't think it's true, mind, since I'm adamant Cesc wants to leave Arse in friendly terms and NO big club wants to open that can of worms (cue Alves leaving for €5m)

I don't think you have a chance of signing him until the summer after next, at the earliest. Anyway, Xavi still looks impeccable.

Rumor going round that we'll try to get Cesc to do a Webster this summer in reprisal. That would bring the cost of signing him down to 25m-ish. Don't think it's true, mind, since I'm adamant Cesc wants to leave Arse in friendly terms and NO big club wants to open that can of worms (cue Alves leaving for €5m)

If Barca really do that, I can see Arsenal stop doing any business with Barca in the nearby future.

:lol:

And Arsenal fans wonder why Barca have a sense of entitlement to players like Fabregas. Stealing them at 16 ffs.

Sorry, I fail to see it as stealing. Surely Barca had the opportunity to keep him there? Or is there some kind of loophole I don't know about?

There is a loophole. We can't offer 16 year olds professional contracts. English clubs can.

Same way we lost Cesc (and Piqué, and Mérida, and Pacheco...).

But you signed Messi at 13 didn't you? Or was there still a change he could have gone somewhere else for a few years?

We didn't "sign" him. Had a trainee contract like everybody else but we threw in some kickbacks like his treatment and gave his dad a job in here. Dunno if he was ever offered anything to leave actually, but he could have. Always wondered by English scouts picked Cesc and Piqué from the same youth team and disregarded the little Argie with the ball stuck at his feet. I guess suitors were put off by his growth problems?

His parents couldn't afford the treatment (remember how f***ed Argentina was at the time), and Newell's wouldn't contribute to it. His agent (yes he had one) shopped him around. We gave him a trial and our chief scout agreed to sign him and finance his treatment on behalf of the club after he played a single match (the contract was signed on the back of a napkin). Story goes that he even footed the bill for the first injections for Messi to keep him in town while the board agreed to the contract.

His parents couldn't afford the treatment (remember how fucked Argentina was at the time), and Newell's wouldn't contribute to it. His agent (yes he had one) shopped him around. We gave him a trial and our chief scout agreed to sign him and finance his treatment on behalf of the club after he played a single match (the contract was signed on the back of a napkin).

A story befitting of a modern day legend.  :smitten: :smitten:

Guest Heneage

Samper is amazing, Ballesté is a good goalkeeper. There seems to be a lot of hype about him but I always find difficult to judge young goalies. Toral is a great loss, but we had known that Arsenal had made an offer to Samper since December and I'm relieved we'll get to keep at least him.

We don't have control over who attends our youth away games. Also a lot of the scouts become club members and we can't weed those out. A lot of the games at this level are very informal and you really don't have people at the door enforcing attendance rules, etc... mostly just the families of the players and some odd loon attend.

It's funny but a lot of those scouts for English sides are informed by journalists/foreign workers working there. I know of a guy doing a preliminary scouting role for an English club in Italy.

Sunderland prospect Billy Knott has been named in the senior squad for their clash with Everton.

The 18-year-old, who can play in central midfield, out wide or up front, has caught manager Steve Bruce's eye with a string of impressive displays for the reserves and youth teams.

"Billy deserves his chance, and he'll remember his first day with the first team for a long time," he told safc.com.

"He will be involved in the squad and he will be stripped. He's made a big impression here and has the world at his feet if he keeps progressing."

He better not turn in to quality...

Sunderland prospect Billy Knott has been named in the senior squad for their clash with Everton.

The 18-year-old, who can play in central midfield, out wide or up front, has caught manager Steve Bruce's eye with a string of impressive displays for the reserves and youth teams.

"Billy deserves his chance, and he'll remember his first day with the first team for a long time," he told safc.com.

"He will be involved in the squad and he will be stripped. He's made a big impression here and has the world at his feet if he keeps progressing."

Paedo.

Good player, they should get him tied up.

Is Billy Knott not the left back we had on trial from Chelsea?

Yup, that's why I mentioned him. Looks like we used him all wrong. Been banging in the goals for Sunderland u18.

When was that? don't recognise his name at all

Rings a bell like. Is/was he a toe-rag?  ???

Wiki "Early in the 2009/10 campaign, Billy was suspended for two weeks by the Academy for a breach of discipline. In early 2010 a further transgression was apparently made, which led to Billy's dismissal from the academy."

He is from Essex which automatically makes him a wanker until he proves otherwise but once you chuck in stints at Chelsea & SAFC we are talking MAJOR WANKER!!! I hope the cunt gets buckled in his 1st game.

Rings a bell like. Is/was he a toe-rag?  ???

Wiki "Early in the 2009/10 campaign, Billy was suspended for two weeks by the Academy for a breach of discipline. In early 2010 a further transgression was apparently made, which led to Billy's dismissal from the academy."

He is from Essex which automatically makes him a w***** until he proves otherwise but once you chuck in stints at Chelsea & SAFC we are talking MAJOR w*****!!! I hope the c*** gets buckled in his 1st game.

He's 18 ffs :lol:

Guest Wearside

Had trials at SAFC and NUFC and we got him,I've seen him about 4 times for youths/reserves and it's fair to say he looks the part,scores for fun for the youths as a left midfielder.

Only 18 like but no doubt some people will write him off after a daft 10 minute cameo against Everton on RTG.

Had trials at SAFC and NUFC and we got him,I've seen him about 4 times for youths/reserves and it's fair to say he looks the part,scores for fun for the youths as a left midfielder.

Only 18 like but no doubt some people will write him off after a daft 10 minute cameo against Everton on RTG.

You got him because we wouldn't have him.

Recall this quote from another forum

He was at Sunderland last week. High tempo, high energy left winger or left back, pacy, great shot, good skill, scores goals, gets stuck in, great leader.

He was only let go because of something he did (I don't know what, I know something else he did), he's a real talent.

Could have been a nice understudy to Jose. Hope he doesn't turn out good now.  :lol:

Recall this quote from another forum

He was at Sunderland last week. High tempo, high energy left winger or left back, pacy, great shot, good skill, scores goals, gets stuck in, great leader.

He was only let go because of something he did (I don't know what, I know something else he did), he's a real talent.

Could have been a nice understudy to Jose. Hope he doesn't turn out good now.  :lol:

He's more of a attaking player - midfielder/striker. That's where he has done so well at Sunderland anyway.