Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 05/05/08 - post match reaction from page 13

James

Taylor played well today, i honestly thought barton was quite sloppy today. Was impressed by chelsea they dominated most of the game but we gave them a really good go in the first half, just seemed to run out of steam in the second half, their subs also made a big difference whereas ours ....errr!

Thought viduka was really good aswell, oba great just needs to lift his head now and again, owen was unlucky but worked his skids off!

Geremi is/was very slow, butt was brilliant covering a lot of ground and dictated our game today.

Defense played well all in all, bad marking from butt and a classy chelsea goal TBH.

Duff through on goal, slips without getting ball under control. And he's still a top player?

Not a top player, but he's still a better footballer than our other midfielders.

Any chance that Stoke will be tempted to take Smith off our hands as a freebie? <_<

Are you crazy? Duff still hasn't had a decent game for us. Butt, Barton, Milner and N'Zogbia are all better players than he is.

To me, Duff just looks much more comfortable with a football than any of the other players you've mentioned. That doesn't mean he's been better for us than the rest though.

Duff through on goal, slips without getting ball under control. And he's still a top player?

Not a top player, but he's still a better footballer than our other midfielders.

Any chance that Stoke will be tempted to take Smith off our hands as a freebie? <_<

Are you crazy? Duff still hasn't had a decent game for us. Butt, Barton, Milner and N'Zogbia are all better players than he is.

To me, Duff just looks much more comfortable with a football than any of the other players you've mentioned. That doesn't mean he's been better for us than the rest though.

He looks comfortable because he doesn't do anything.

Please tell me what Taylor did wrong?

I saw him winning most of his headers, playing it safe and not risking anything and getting in some decent tackles.

What more do people want?

Obviously couldn't see his positioning (watched it on telly...) but him and faye kept anelka and dogboy in check quite well...

Well this is bizarre. I was just coming on here to praise Taylor's performance today, and here is everybody putting the boot into him - even Toon's Taylor, who I would regard as his staunchest ally.

;D

;)

Please tell me what Taylor did wrong?

I saw him winning most of his headers, playing it safe and not risking anything and getting in some decent tackles.

What more do people want?

Obviously couldn't see his positioning (watched it on telly...) but him and faye kept anelka and dogboy in check quite well...

Another one who posts on this forum with his monitor switched off?

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it

Well I will say this to you and I hope you listen......YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!

What?

You need new glasses if you think Taylor was poor today,he was one of our best players today

Are you thick or down right stupid?

Answers in the next post please.

Moron.

Ok....I dont want to get in a slagging match here like but how could you say Taylor was poor today is behind me!

No not thick,stupid or a moron!This is a forum after all everyones entitled to there opinon but people on here seem to be slagging Taylor off  all the time even when he does play well!

You ultra thick muppet.

K get your post now.....yes Taylors not great on the ball..... :blush:

Well this is bizarre. I was just coming on here to praise Taylor's performance today, and here is everybody putting the boot into him - even Toon's Taylor, who I would regard as his staunchest ally.

;D

;)

You had me there :D

Guest optimistic nit

Our sub Smiffy, their sub Lampard....says it all

well it says that their owned by a russian billionaire and in the final of the champions league and we are a mid table club looking to cast a lot of deadwood into the abyss in the summer, but didn't we know that before the game?

Another one who posts on this forum with his monitor switched off?

Didn't want to read from page whatever TBH...

Then really you shouldn't comment TBH.  :rolleyes: