Clear the Air Talks ?

NE5

Guest loonietoonie

no one involved with the club should ever speak to the them again shit stirring twats

Guest DazzaNufc1892

i love the way its breaking news on ssn that he is staying, did anybody ever think he was leaving?

Guest loonietoonie

i love the way its breaking news on ssn that he is staying, did anybody ever think he was leaving?

not at all they really just hate us

look at the press frenzy surrounding this non-event and compare it with the barely touched-upon travails of of Sven and the Genocidal money launderer.

Good point and it's quite unbelievable.

This episode entirely justifies my decision a year ago to stop buying newspapers.

Might I suggest everyone else does the same, there's plenty of free news available in this day and age. OK, they may spout the same shit, but at least you're not paying them to spout it.

Guest Stephen927

This talk has been blown way out of proportion.

Ashley will have no intentions of firing the man who has completely turned our season around and inspired a lot of confidence from the fans. I assume the talk is to discuss what Keegan thinks is needed to break into the top four, potential signings, the usual things chairman and manager discuss.

But because it's in London it's made out to be a showdown, a clear the air talk.  :doh:

Guest neesy111

every newcastle fan should boycott the papers, imagine 200,000 ppl from the north east boycott, that would send the message home

you can view them for free online anycase

Most newspapers don't make any money from sales anyway.

No, but do you think they'd get as much money from sponsers if fewer people read?

Depends on numbers, I just can't see an NUFC fans boycott having any impact at all.

This story has got more air time this week than the build up to potentially the most exciting finish to the prem season in years. Only now late on Friday are we seeing attention diverting to the battle for the title and who'll drop.

We really should be just there to make up the numbers on Sunday at Goodison, but I bet the camera focuses more on KK than Moyes during the game.

And this is what the likes of Brummie and 1878 (or whatever) just don't get, we still have a  bigger aura about us than their teams despite being so far behind them from a footballing point of view.

Anyway lets hope this draws a line under the subject and further differences in opinion between the two parties are conducted in private where this matter should have been. I'm just hopeful that there hasn't been any lasting damage, it's a hard sell attracting players to any club outside the top 4 especially an non London based one already, KK's comments have hjust made it even harder, lets pray footballers have short memories.

Liverpool fans had an effective boycott on the Sun after Hillsborough.

A much bigger and specific event, and against one newspaper due to their headlines about the event, totally different to this.

There is no chance an NUFC fans boycott against all newspapers that write shite about us would ever get enough people behind it to have an impact, I buy my newspaper for a lot more than the back pages as I guess most do and certainly will not stop buying it because their NUFC coverage is shite.

Liverpool fans had an effective boycott on the Sun after Hillsborough.

A much bigger and specific event, and against one newspaper due to their headlines about the event, totally different to this.

There is no chance an NUFC fans boycott against all newspapers that write shite about us would ever get enough people behind it to have an impact, I buy my newspaper for a lot more than the back pages as I guess most do and certainly will not stop buying it because their NUFC coverage is shite.

likewise, if there is anything interesting in one of the papers about us i'll read it online. i buy the paper for the news and supplements etc. i don't even bother with the sports pages now as you can get most of it online, unless there is a big interview or a long article where it is more comfortable to read it in print than on the screen.

Guest Toon1981

I'm reluctantly adding to this thread as there never was a story here in the first place but... seriously, the way this got blown up is unbelievable.  That's what comes with having a 24hr footy news channel which knows it has huge numbers of viewers in the north east.  Anything vaguely shit-stirry or salacious about us gets repeated ad nauseum until the weight of the moss propels the stone.  I was super-chuffed when Sky removed SSN from Virgin, I instantly got countless hours of my future life back and didn't have to bear the guilt of propping up Rupert "Total B******" Murdoch, to any degree, however small.  Could never bring myself to buy the Sun or The Times either.  Mind, if you think SSN is bad, check out Fox news in America for a real lesson in rumour-peddling.  Apparently our American cousins are on the verge of voting in a black, America-hating, no-lapel pin muslim radical as their prez.  Blimey!

I thought last summer's daily "Ashley's selling up" articles were ridiculous, they were then made to look like real journalism after the "Keegan On The Brink" saga because he lost two games at the Emirates but I've never seen anything like these last four days. We've gone from an innocent if slightly misguided comment in a clearly annoyed post match interview to "Toon Crisis" and "Breaking News - Keegan to remain as NUFC manager".

You could be forgiven for thinking the whole thing was a parody on NUFC football journalism but no, they're all deadly serious.  This in a week where we have a relegation battle going to the last day, a title race doing the same, two English clubs in the Champions League final, a foreign human rights abuser sacking his manager, enraging 100% of Manchester "Massive Club" City fans in the process and yet NUFC are still the main headlines on every paper, every sports channel, every sports website, even major news agencies like the BBC. Anyone who still doesn't think the rags a) have an agenda against NUFC and b) are absolutely, totally obsessed with us is living in cloud cuckoo land imo.

I thought last summer's daily "Ashley's selling up" articles were ridiculous, they were then made to look like real journalism after the "Keegan On The Brink" saga because he lost two games at the Emirates but I've never seen anything like these last four days. We've gone from an innocent if slightly misguided comment in a clearly annoyed post match interview to "Toon Crisis" and "Breaking News - Keegan to remain as NUFC manager".

You could be forgiven for thinking the whole thing was a parody on NUFC football journalism but no, they're all deadly serious.  This in a week where we have a relegation battle going to the last day, a title race doing the same, two English clubs in the Champions League final, a foreign human rights abuser sacking his manager, enraging 100% of Manchester "Massive Club" City fans in the process and yet NUFC are still the main headlines on every paper, every sports channel, every sports website, even major news agencies like the BBC. Anyone who still doesn't think the rags a) have an agenda against NUFC and b) are absolutely, totally obsessed with us is living in cloud cuckoo land imo.

Very well put into perspective. It shows how desperate the media can get at times.

Guest Toon1981

Very well put into perspective. It shows how desperate the media can get at times.

Aye.  It's like Chris Morris has been talking about NUFC, in lots of papers, all at the same time.

The BBC still won't let it go either.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7390139.stm

But there was no firm statement over Keegan's long-term future amid reports his position might be under threat.

and a quote from that pathetic 6-0-6 forum:

It's Mort's way of saying it's time for a new manager

OM

:jesuswept: