Your hopes for the Transfer Window

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I hope we get some of the high earners off our books so we can put more towards transfer fee's. Like Smith, Emre, and Duff. I hope Martins signs a new contract, but i can't say i'm bothered about Owen, he earns too much and it's not good business for a club of our size to be paying someone over 100k a week. Infact it's crippling, it has to be.

snare some premiership players (barnes, santa cruz, riise etc)

get some FLAIR from abroad. its no coincidence that our most successful recent periods have had ginola and robert

one glamour signing

youngsters for the future

sell smith, duff, rozehnal and ameobi.

basically, give us some hope please........

If we're going to stick with the 4-3-3 setup:

Out: Smith, Duff, Rozehnal

Martins  -  New target man

Owen

N'Zogbia  -  new DM - NEW MC

Enrique - New DC - Faye - Beye

Harper

Considering the players we've been linked with the past days our summer transfers might look like this:

New Target man: ~10m (Crouch/Gomis?)

Creative MC: ~8m (Arshavin?)

New DM: ~8m (Makoun?)

New DC: ~10m (Sakho?)

So a total spending of ~36m

Perhaps add 2-3 squad players and I'd be pretty happy with this team.

A right back, a left back, a centre back all to join Beye, Jose, Taylor & Faye.

right winger, athletic DM, a probing midfield passer, left winger

Mobile target man.

Some of the players brought in would have to be free kick & corner takers.

Shift junk/£££'s like Roz, Cacapa, Duff, Emre, Shola & Viduka.

Guest Heneage

OUT:

Zoggy

Duff

Smith

cacapa

diatta

ramage

carr

ameobi

Rozenhal.

think thats about it :D

gonna be a busy summer hihi

And buy 3 or 4? Mate we had 17 fit today and look how gash we looked, be sensible.

Out:

Smith

Emre

Owen

Duff

4-3-3

In:

A top-class striker

A fast, tricky, creative central midfielder

A fast, tricky, creative right winger

4-4-2

If N'Zogbia goes as well then add a fast, tricky, creative left winger to the "In" list as well. With the money we'll raise from selling the above (Plus the saved wages), then the whole thing should be just about self-financing.

That for me will provide KK with the platform he needs to get us into the top half of the table and possibly challenging for a UEFA cup place.

Must stay: Keegan, Beye, Martins

Hope to stay: Owen, Enrique, Barton, Faye

Must go: Smith, Duff, Emre

Don't care: The rest

A good summer would mean 5 players capable of going straight in the first team, the big money on rebuilding our abysmal midfield, the rest on squad players in defence, a new goal scorer if Ashley is feeling generous, and a yellow/green away kit please.

Must stay: Keegan, Beye, Martins

Hope to stay: Owen, Enrique, Barton, Faye

Must go: Smith, Duff, Emre

Don't care: The rest

A good summer would mean 5 players capable of going straight in the first team, the big money on rebuilding our abysmal midfield, the rest on squad players in defence, a new goal scorer if Ashley is feeling generous, and a yellow/green away kit please.

I reckon the must go will go.

A leader at the back, a creative player in midfield and a new striker will do for me.

Anything else is a bonus.

i'd go with this, plus beye, owen and martins staying, and duff and smith fucking the fucking fuck off

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Would anyone else like to see Given leave and allow Krul to step up to number 2? Since Given's injury he gone backwards alarmingly for me.

A leader at the back, a creative player in midfield and a new striker will do for me.

Anything else is a bonus.

Just 3 signings would leave us very thin in some positions.  I don't think we've done too badly with injuries this year, but a typical Newcastle injury crisis would leave us in the shit.

For Damien Duff to be kicked off the Tyne Bridge. Actually no, there's water under that. Push the fucker off the Monument.

I thought Duff had a decent game today, tbf. Except for that rediculous free-kick of course.

For Damien Duff to be kicked off the Tyne Bridge. Actually no, there's water under that. Push the fucker off the Monument.

I thought Duff had a decent game today, tbf. Except for that rediculous free-kick of course.

Not what other people in the match thread seem to think. I've not seen it, all I've seen is the player he was bought to replace jinking past defenders and winning a penalty - but then he has a tendency to do that because he's not absolute shite.

Our final record with Duff reads: 36 points available, 2 won.

God I hate him. :dave:

Not what other people in the match thread seem to think. I've not seen it, all I've seen is the player he was bought to replace jinking past defenders and winning a penalty - but then he has a tendency to do that because he's not absolute shite.

Our final record with Duff reads: 36 points available, 2 won.

God I hate him. :dave:

Meh, thought you'd bite harder than that, I haven't even seen the game :razz:

Guest Heneage

Why no one like Emre? been unlucky I think great player on his day just needs a run.

I'd go for Evans.

Why no one like Emre? been unlucky I think great player on his day just needs a run.

I'd go for Evans.

I like Emre, I just don't like his ankles. He always seems to "need a run" then when he finally gets one and you think the good ol' Emre is appearing he gets some "minor" ankle injury which always turns about to be more serious than we thought and then we have 2-3 months in some weird injury limbo where we never know if he's fit or when he'll be able to return to the pitch.

58 league games in 3 years, one of our highest paid players, meh.. if we find a decent creative midfielder I wouldn't cry the sale of Emre.