Favourite thing this season...

Guest f***thepress

The win that made us mathmatically safe from relegation was the highlight for me.  An awful season with a few small highlights, agree that Owen's header against the mackems was fantastic, proper shut those unwashed morons up in the corner of level 7.

A couple of real battling performances such as Arsenal at St James's for one, the ease at which Spurs were swept aside - twice!!  And watching Habib Beye drifting past players on the right, just like watching Brazil!!  Surely he won't leave us for a few years!!  He loves it here!!

All in all though I am glad the season is over, I expect the renewal letters will be in the post this week and I am expected to put my faith in the club by dipping into my pocket again.

Hang on - just thought of my final highlight.  Ramage and Carr released!!  Common sense prevails at St James' Park.

Guest Stephen927

Arsenal at St James Park. Thought that would be the turning point for Allardyce, best memory of his reign (though there isn't many).

Seeing Keegan's 4-3-3 play much better football than Allardyce's anti football 4-5-1.

Guest icemanblue

My favourite moment was the 5-1 drubbing of our near neighbours, but in particular, Mellberg doing this when being subbed.

http://i30.tinypic.com/soshtj.gif

Bought shirts for all of the away support yesterday, didn't he? Nice gesture, that. Seems a top bloke.

My favourite moment was the 5-1 drubbing of our near neighbours, but in particular, Mellberg doing this when being subbed.

http://i30.tinypic.com/soshtj.gif

Bought shirts for all of the away support yesterday, didn't he? Nice gesture, that. Seems a top bloke.

Yes. My mate's bringing mine over tonight (had to let me ticket go, but insisted I kept the shirt).

Top man.

Guest f***thepress

Actually sod the roof terrace...best bit was the atmos against the Mackems..like a fuckin champions league / world cup final rolled into one ...the top volume singing even at half time queuing to get my pint ..and a song i never thought i'd ever hear again..."Eeye eeye eeyio up the premier league we go"....fair choked me up ( sniff)

Guest NorthernSoul

It's gotta be the 4-1 win over Spurs! Especially given the anamosity towards us from Spurs fans on just about every football forum in the country. Quality...  :celb:

Guest BooBoo

Bolton away was a great day out. One of my favourites in a few years. Hell, it was even sunny!

Zoggy's run against Man U. Still wish he'd finished it.

That little stretch of play before HT vs Chelsea.

4-1

Geremi's face when Oba did the bicycle kick.

Faye and Oba breaking out that dance.

The 4-1 battering of tottenham stands out. Also some lad getting lifted about 12 foot in the air and nicking a scarf from an Arsenal fan in the tier above at the emirates. Not that many to choose from, clearly.

Spurs Away

Mackems at home

Getting 2 goals just before half time against West Ham (the atmosphere at half time was unbelievable queuing for a pint)