Replacing the Duke for £12m

toontownman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What sort of figure do you think Blackburn might put on his head? Didn't they ask 25m for Bentley?

I'm intrigued by your fervour having not having seen much of him except for Munich when he was a lot younger. Sorry to be a Negative Nancy but I reckon the Ewood Park heirarchy might slap a stupid price on him...

BTW He will turn 27 around the time the Prem restarts

How much did santa cruz cost? Hughes seems to have a great eye for a bargain.

2 or 3m i think, the same as McCarthy and Bentley iirc. Look at Warnock too, turned him form a pure bit part player at Liverpool, he's now had an england call up.

What sort of figure do you think Blackburn might put on his head? Didn't they ask 25m for Bentley?

I'm intrigued by your fervour having not having seen much of him except for Munich when he was a lot younger. Sorry to be a Negative Nancy but I reckon the Ewood Park heirarchy might slap a stupid price on him...

Same age as Berbatov then.

I reckon around the 15m mark and i'd pay more :) big fan.

Guest michaelfoster

Crouch - too immobile, not good enough in the air for a player of his height

Bent - maybe the best choice PL experience wise, is quick and can score goals

Gomis - touted as the next Drogba, big & strong, an unknown quantity who could be a hit or a flop

Ashton - strong and can score goals, very injury prone so could end up as the next Dyer, so thats a no from me.

Johnson - average player IMO, no thanks.

I would say either Bent or Gomis

Lisandro Lopez was linked with us earlier, wasn't he?

worth a shot.

J

Lisandro Lopez was linked with us earlier, wasn't he?

worth a shot.

J:lo's sister?

Same age as Berbatov then.

I reckon around the 15m mark and i'd pay more :) big fan.

15m would do it imo.

I'm ready to take the risk with Bafetimbi Gomis.

They call him the new Drogba (and we know that when a player is dubed the "new ____"  it always turns out that way. Cherouy the new Zidane etc.) and honestly they have a somewhat similar record:

-Gomis this season has 14 goals in 34 matches

-Drogba  his last season in France had 18 goals in 35 matches

- Gomis 1.89, Drogba 1.88 and they even look similar

But it also has to be noted that he is only 22 years old, when Drogba was 22 he was playing at Le Mans where he scored 0 goals in the 11 matches he participated in that season.

So I dunno really, I just have a good feeling for Gomis.

They call him the new Drogba (and we know that when a player is dubed the "new ____"  it always turns out that way. Cherouy the new Zidane etc.) and honestly they have a somewhat similar record:

But it also has to be noted that he is only 22 years old, when Drogba was 22 he was playing at Le Mans where he scored 0 goals in the 11 matches he participated in that season.

I'm convinced.

Sold!

Sold!

:thup:

http://pics.centerblog.net/pic/tyson64/d416tb7c.jpg

=

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/413557135_b849ec6e3d.jpg

Does it really matter if we have seen him play? Im all in for taking a gamble on him instead of taking the safe mediocre route of the much overhyped "PL experience" way.

Benzema :smug:

EDIT: Is he being linked with any top clubs around Europe?

Barcelona.

How many of the people on here that have voted for Gomis have actually seen him play?

Not me, but I love the sound of Obafemi and Befetimbi leading our attack

Gomis for me, i've seen him play a couple of games. He looks a bit like Drogba, but maybe more of a teamplayer than Drogba. He is big and strong like Drogba, god a good shot, and seems like he has more pace than Drogba. Drogba is a player who can do more on his own, and I think Gomis need more from the players around him than drogba.

But i would also go for Feindouno if we're going for Gomis. Feindouno is an attacking midfield(which liverpool were linked with in 2007 me think) who seems to understand Gomis quite well, and also scores a couple of goals..

Has anyone actually seen this Gomis play?

good question, 20 people voted for him but personally i never saw him play in my life..

Ashton for me, brilliant powerfull player, only problem is his injurey recored.

Same. Never seen Gomis play, so its kinda hard voting for him then .

Crouch havent been that good as a target striker, however i think he could do a very good job, as i rate him as a striker. However I went with Ashton, cause i think he has been very good since newyear's or so, and i think his injury problems is mainly setbacks from his horrible ankle-thingy. (think that was it)