Is relegation really possible?

Zero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No, because Premiership's standard is simply so poor that there are still teams like Sheffield United, Watford, Fulham and Charlton who are worse than us.

Fulham beat us.

On paper we're better than Shef, Watford and Charlton, but they will see the games against us as winnable in our current state. No one is fearful about coming to SJP anymore, so we can't even bank on our home games.

I'm more worried about relegation than in the Souness days.

lol, no way. I remember well how it was last January... we're not there yet, but we are heading that way.

3 points off the bottom ffs.

lol, I know it's bad, and I want both of them out. But it's as bad as Graeme "3 pts off the bottom three in Febuary" Souness yet.

Guest Wally_McFool

Relegation is a real possibility.

Some of us have seen all this "club in turmoil" thing all before.

Considering the money that has been spent our squad is a shambles.

I dont think that we will get relegated but it is a definite possibility!

Guest ChickenKiev

No, because Premiership's standard is simply so poor that there are still teams like Sheffield United, Watford, Fulham and Charlton who are worse than us.

I don't think they are tbh!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Charlton have made a truely abysmal start to the season and are bottom with just 4 points from 9 games, yet if they beat us 2-0 on saturday they will go above us in the table    help.gif

are their fans going nuts and calling for the managers head?

because as far as I can see, both clubs have fallen by the same amount league wise

We can't score and we can't defend. If we carry on in this vein, it's not only possible but likely.

The home games against Charlton and Sheff Utd are already massive relegation 6 pointers. Lose either, and we are in deep shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course it isn't.  Lots of people foreseen this problem before Roeder got the job.  ****ing disastrous appointment. 

You can go back further than that to when it started. You says lots of people predicted what's happening now and that's true. Well, it's also fair and true to say a lot of people predicted it further back than that, mate, but were shot down in a torrent of abuse.

Of course it isn't.  Lots of people foreseen this problem before Roeder got the job.  ****ing disastrous appointment. 

You can go back further than that to when it started. You says lots of people predicted what's happening now and that's true. Well, it's also fair and true to say a lot of people predicted it further back than that, mate, but were shot down in a torrent of abuse.

Perhaps, but not by me.

Perhaps, but not by me.

Never said it was you. I think everyone knows .....

the way we're playing, i'd say relegation is a real possibility. last season we could say "no way" because there were at least 3 or 4 other sides who were much worse and sitting ducks to go down. but the this season seems every side is at least as good as we are (or we are as bad as them) and the only team i thought would be a cert to be below us at season's end has just beaten us at SJP.

it will be a struggle, no doubt, and the longer we go on without going on a winning run in the league, the worse it will be for morale and our chances to stay up. another thing going against us is our involvement in the cups esp europe as it could be a lull for players to think "we're doing fine, we're beating good teams in europe" then going to places like Reading being outplayed and losing. it used to be as Newcastle we had an air about us like a top team does and sides facing us were mentally at a disadvantage even before a ball was kicked, we had players to intimidate opponents before the match started and then able to put it into deed by the end of the match. nowadays we lack the personnel, despite all the money spent, and worse we lack any footballing plan. our defenders love playing santa claus, our midfielders huff and gruff but look plain average and not creative enough, we are surprised when our strikers score, as opposed to in the past when we're surprised when they don't.

all in all it spells a relegation dogfight and if we do get sucked into one with say 10 matches remaining the result will be determined by which team's manager having the street-smartness and wiles to get his team to survive. based on nothing more than a personal feeling, i think Roeder is not the type of character to lift up his troops to reach safety under such circumstances.