UEFA Cup Final 2008 won by Zenit St. Petersburg

midds

I predicted to mates at work tonight it would be 0-0 after extra time. I see no reason to doubt that prediction, tbh. Classic bore draw and sudden death penalties...hardly a satisfactory testament to the quality of European football, is it?

:undecided:

Arshavin hasn't done a thing wrong yet. Kind of player that we may only be able to sign before Euro.

He has. Still looks good though.

Anyway, Football Team 0 - 0 Rangers.

Scum. I reckon the trouble will all be down to Celtic fans infiltrating the crowd and cutting the live feed to the screen in the square . :lol:

That would be class actually. :lol:

I predicted to mates at work tonight it would be 0-0 after extra time. I see no reason to doubt that prediction, tbh. Classic bore draw and sudden death penalties...hardly a satisfactory testament to the quality of European football, is it?

:undecided:

Cup football is becoming more and more defensive these days. Liverpool and Rangers are well suited because they are  set up to be difficult to break down. Even teams like Man U are playing with 8 men behind the ball over two legs in the CL semi finals.

This is why I'll be cheering Rangers on tonight....

From The Daily Mail -

Unfancied Zenit St Petersburg have made it through to one of European football's showpiece occasions but there is a sinister aspect to tonight's UEFA Cup Final against Rangers.

Managed by former Rangers coach Dick Advocaat and backed to the tune of £70million by the state oil and gas giant Gazprom, Zenit are one of a few Russian clubs trying to drag the game into the 21st century.

They hope to move to a £280m 62,000-capacity stadium in 2010. But they are dogged by right-wing fans who refuse to accept a black player in Advocaat's squad.

In fact, UEFA may wish to ask themselves what their presence in the final does for the credibility of a sport that is supposed to have a zero-tolerance policy towards racism.

"I would be happy to sign anyone, but the fans don't like black players," revealed Advocaat.

Fucking cavemen  :angry:

From The Daily Mail -

Unfancied Zenit St Petersburg have made it through to one of European football's showpiece occasions but there is a sinister aspect to tonight's UEFA Cup Final against Rangers.

Managed by former Rangers coach Dick Advocaat and backed to the tune of £70million by the state oil and gas giant Gazprom, Zenit are one of a few Russian clubs trying to drag the game into the 21st century.

They hope to move to a £280m 62,000-capacity stadium in 2010. But they are dogged by right-wing fans who refuse to accept a black player in Advocaat's squad.

In fact, UEFA may wish to ask themselves what their presence in the final does for the credibility of a sport that is supposed to have a zero-tolerance policy towards racism.

"I would be happy to sign anyone, but the fans don't like black players," revealed Advocaat.

Send them Alan Smith-hes the archetypal Aryan looking chap.After that,they wont like white players either,problem solved!

From The Daily Mail -

Ahem...

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5812/2qinztqyxyhzyyyt0ntlzn9.jpg

Aye, but erm...who really is worse? :laugh:

Guest Toepoke

Ironic that as I was reading your post a big "NO TO RACISM" advertising sign comes up.

From The Daily Mail -

f****** cavemen  :angry: