Amara Diane off to Qatar

Willow

Nobody will sign Viduka this summer, surely?

He might not even be fit before the transfer window is closed.

Boro make double swoop for Viduka and Smith imo!

Just watching this Diane lad on u tube and he's got a bit of pace to burn, I'd be happy with him and Gomis instead of Fat Man and Dobbin.

Not exactly a prolific strike rate (apart from for the Ivory Coast (1 in 1) ) but he's been playing in a struggling side.

I have never seen him, so I'd like to hear from someone who has.

However, with PSG seemingly going down, if we can get him cheap, it might be worth the punt.

I just read he was top scorer at PSG this season too.

Nobody will sign Viduka this summer, surely?

He might not even be fit before the transfer window is closed.

Depends how long he's out, 3-6 months Keegan said so if he's out for 3 months that will bring him back in August, if it's 6 months then he could get moved on in January.

If the club are looking to trim the wage bill then Viduka's likely to be gone.

I'd worry about being able to shift him without the injury, personally.

Like the bloke as a player, but agree with your sentiment and I wouldn't mind seeing him shot of.

You can't pay a squad player the money he'll be on, which is hopefully all he'll be next term.

Like the bloke as a player, but agree with your sentiment and I wouldn't mind seeing him shot of.

You can't pay a squad player the money he'll be on, which is hopefully all he'll be next term.

Someone said he's the second highest earner at the club on £80,000 per week, if Smith is on £60,000 pw then that would be a boost for the wage structure getting these two off the books.

You would have thought Gomis and Diana would be on less combined than Viduka is on.

Someone said he's the second highest earner at the club on £80,000 per week, if Smith is on £60,000 pw then that would be a boost for the wage structure getting these two off the books.

You would have thought Gomis and Diana would be on less combined than Viduka is on.

Think it was me that said that, actually. It's not far off the money anyway. He's definitely the second-highest paid player.

Who the fuck would buy him, though?

Pathetic, people making judgments on a player they've never seen before in their lives. It's probably only a daft link but for Gods sake get over yourselves, just because you've never heard of the guy it doesn't mean he's bollocks...

Could be playing in a deeper role for all we know.

yes, he does that sometimes. (and out wide)

Still looks average at best though

I think he's ok but not as a starter for most games. definitley better than shola and smith.(i know that's not exactly difficult)

Got to laugh at some of the comments about goalscoring ratios.

Do you guys honestly think we can compete in the market for 1 in 2 merchants? Honestly? It's fucking ridiculous.

Do you guys honestly think we can compete in the market for 1 in 2 merchants? Honestly? It's f****** ridiculous.

Why cant we - there will be a fair amount of 1 in 2 strikers out there and as keegan has already point out the big clubs cant pick up every pebble on the beach...seems like a notion that would work for us, i suppose its not competing but i still think theres a realistic chance.

I agree that people are reading up too much into goal ratios and goals scored in an inferior league, i dont think many people are taking into account that they are in a struggling team ironicaly forgetting that 2 of our own "world class" (at a push) strikers have hit a similar ratio, if not worse themselves in our struggling season.

I say judge him as a player, and if you havent seen him play then you cant have an opinion! ;)

Do you guys honestly think we can compete in the market for 1 in 2 merchants? Honestly? It's f****** ridiculous.

The ratios can be very misleading anyway. People would scream murder if we signed someone with a scoring record like Santa Cruz had when he played for Bayern...

Adebayors goalscoring record at Monaco was pretty horrendous so it really depends on if you see something you like in the player rather than the stats I agree.

I'm just not sure he is someone we are genuinely interested in as it seems we have only been linked because we had people at the PSG vs St. Etienne game, where it is more likely we were monitoring Gomis who we have been linked with for a while now.

This poor guy's probably seen the report online from whichever silly newspaper printed it and is jizzing himself over a move to Newcastle the daft sod.

Then again I might be completely wrong.

Guest Knightrider

Attributes people, attributes. That's what we should be looking at when we're looking at potential new players and not stats or experience or the name of a player. What can they give our team? What do they have in their locker we don't? What do they possess that we can harness and add to?

Our side badly lacks pace, stamina, strength and technique. If we can find a striker or midfielder with those kind of attributes, at a good age and a good price, I'm not too fussed what his record may or may not be in terms of goals scored, experience or name.

Attributes people, attributes. That's what we should be looking at when we're looking at potential new players and not stats or experience or the name of a player. What can they give our team? What do they have in their locker we don't? What do they possess that we can harness and add to?

Our side badly lacks pace, stamina, strength and technique. If we can find a striker or midfielder with those kind of attributes, at a good age and a good price, I'm not too fussed what his record may or may not be in terms of goals scored, experience or name.

Exactly. Keegan's not exactly bad at spotting players who aren't scared of scoring either. If he thinks he can make a player (or those around him) prolific, that's good enough for me.

Speaking of which ... I find these reports that Fat Sam was looking to sell Martins rather startling, considering he didn't bring in anyone with any kind of attributes even closely resembling those which I have hilighted. So he was basically envisioning a strike force of Viduka and Owen with Duff and Geremi on the wings? Yikes.

Guest Knightrider

KK turned Rob Lee from a rather unproductive midfielder to an attacking box to box man who would often reach double figures, despite a history of inability in front of goal.