The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Cuellar plays a pass like Bramble tbh. Someone needs to tell him he's not David Beckham, then he'll improve.

Bramble could hit a pass and so can Cuellar, however when repeated time and time again, it becomes not only very irritating to watch but pretty easy to defend against. I thought he looked quite composed on the ball at times though in that he never rushed a pass or just hacked it anywhere, he always looked up and tried to play it out, though his passing in general wasn't the best. Seems a cool customer in defence.

Tymoschuk looked class last night and is probably the player i was most impressed with. 29 years old so would probably be good for 3 or so years if we were to sign him.

Zenit bought him for £10m. Correct me if i'm wrong didn't Bobby Robson have this guy watched? I think he was at Shalkhar Donesk at the time.

Arshavin looks a great talent (As does Denisov)

Arshavin looks quality, pretty good last night but really good in previous rounds. He would be worth the risk of shelling out a fair bit for him imo. Cuellar is quite simply one of the best defenders I have seen for a while. All throughout the champions league and uefa cup he has looked superb. The level of performance he puts into every game is fantastic and given the tests that Rangers have had this season I don't see why he can't carry that into the premiership. Have a feeling a club with European football could easily come in for him though.

wasnt particularly impressed by him. good pass on the first goal but i dont think he looks good enough as a player. when watching last night i saw no better than a koumas. compare it to ronaldo. when ronaldo gets the ball you rise up because he always looks dangerous even if he picked the ball up in a right back position. arshavin didnt look particulalry dangerous to me and i would say dyer was better than him in the positionn he was playing last night. dyer was more direct and opened things up more whereas this guy sat back and played the easy passes. passed well but didntt look like the sort who could open defences. also off the flanks his crossing was as a bad as geremi. wouldnt be a big step up in quality in my opinion.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

look, i saw the first 60 minutes and the goals in highlights. zenit look to be a good team which may be why he didnt stand out and while if thought the first goal was a good pass i dont see where else people are getting this omg arshavin is amazing stuff. he looked like a decent player but hardly exceptional. does someone want to tell me where i am being blind or that he went amazing after i stopped watching because i havent yet seen what others have.

I've got a labrador going spare if you need one.

Guest sicko2ndbest

ANDREI ARSHAVIN, Newcastle wait you

06.12.2007 11.32 by Redazione TMW    read 358

Remains the Russian striker Andrei Arshavin (26)  the objective number one of next Newcastle purchase. The player of Zenit Saint Petersburg is observed so much to Sam Allardyce, Magpies trainer that during that days has been accused for his insufficient performances in Premier League. In January could rain offers for his engage, but Arshavin wants to chose directly Newcastle: "Sure that I would like to play in England-has declared-. In Russia we don't speak about nothing else that about Newcastle interest. I could say that until this moment is not arrived any offer, but surely if he would arrive, I would be interested".

Note date

There is an interview with him in a Swedish magazine called "Offside", like our version of FourFourTwo. The interview was done very recently and this particular issue came out today.

Anyway this is what he says when asked if he wants to become teammates with Aleksandr Hleb...

"Well, I have to say I barely know whats written or said about me these days. Im not even sure I'll end up in England, eventhough there has been talk about going to Tottenham and Newcastle. Spain would also be an interesting option. I like the style of football down there. But no, I really don't know where I'll be playing after the summer."

But you're sure you'll be on the move?

"Yes. I told the club that I would be moving in the summer when I signed my latest contract. I want to prove myself in a different environment. I also feel that I've achieved quite a lot with Zenith by now. We won the league, and right now we're in the semi finals of the Uefa Cup".

Doesn't sound too keen on going to England, but he mentioned our interest as if it would be a possibility.

Keegan hasn't been linked with him, has he?

There is an interview with him in a Swedish magazine called "Offside", like our version of FourFourTwo. The interview was done very recently and this particular issue came out today.

Anyway this is what he says when asked if he wants to become teammates with Aleksandr Hleb...

"Well, I have to say I barely know whats written or said about me these days. Im not even sure I'll end up in England, eventhough there has been talk about going to Tottenham and Newcastle. Spain would also be an interesting option. I like the style of football down there. But no, I really don't know where I'll be playing after the summer."

But you're sure you'll be on the move?

"Yes. I told the club that I would be moving in the summer when I signed my latest contract. I want to prove myself in a different environment. I also feel that I've achieved quite a lot with Zenith by now. We won the league, and right now we're in the semi finals of the Uefa Cup".

Doesn't sound too keen on going to England, but he mentioned our interest as if it would be a possibility.

Keegan hasn't been linked with him, has he?

Not as far as i know, but cheers for the article, must of missed that one..

Guest Heneage

This is why we must move quick. No humming and harring, we've had months to identify targets.

Guest BigAl2

We wiil have no chance after the European Championships as I expect Arshavin to be one of the stars.

We wiil have no chance after the European Championships as I expect Arshavin to be one of the stars.

Don't forget that he is suspended for the first 2 games, so if Russia don't make it to the quarter-finals he will only play one game..Not much time to get a big international breakthrough.

if arshavin was good hed be at a better team

OMG, please tell me that you weren't serious?

its true though, hes playing in a crap league and hes like 26, obviously not that good

its true though, hes playing in a crap league and hes like 26, obviously not that good

Elano?

Whats he done lyk? cant even get a game for city

Elano?

:iamatwat:

Elano?

:iamatwat:

From Sport Express:

Russia striker Andrei Arshavin has been linked with a move to Tottenham or Arsenal after his agent confirmed he is attracting interest from a trio of western European clubs.

The 26-year-old, part of the Russia squad which secured qualification to Euro 2008, is one of the country's brightest talents and is thought to be keen to leave reigning Premier Liga champions Zenit for a new challenge.

"We have three offers for Arshavin. All three are from strong European teams", Arshavin's agent Pavel Andreev told Sport Express.

"We are currently considering the pros and cons of each and carrying out consultations. Andrei wants to leave and is interested in playing abroad.

"Everything will be in place no later than Wednesday."

According to the newspaper, the three teams in question are believed to be Tottenham and Ar5ena1 and French Ligue 1 side Marseille.

However, Zenit spokesman Konstantin Sarsania insists no approach has been made for the player.

Arshavin, currently on a pre-season tour with Zenit in the United Arab Emirates, has made no secret of his desire to play in England.

"For now I am here in the UAE as a Zenit player and am only thinking about tomorrow's training session," he said.

"Regarding my future, I have already said I'd like to try one of Europe's top leagues, among which the Spanish and English leagues interest me most."

Near certainty to replace Hleb imho.  But the agent suggests we won't have to wait long to find out........................

Will be gutted if he comes to England and it's not us. I know it's unlikely he'll come here, I just don't want him at any other English club, especially not a team who will challenge us.

Will be gutted if he comes to England and it's not us. I know it's unlikely he'll come here, I just don't want him at any other English club, especially not a team who will challenge us.

Spurs had very advanced talks about signing Arshavin in January but his wage demands were too much and it all fizzled out.  There has been no mention on the Spurs boards of Arshavin joining Spurs in this window so I'm not really expecting him to wind up at WHL.