The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd imagine the guy having tantrums if he came here but at the moment, I think I'd rather have anyone in due to our minimal squad size...

£13m, take it or leave it :)

:idiot2:

They're not accepting Spurs' bid of around £17m: let's bid £13m...

Gypsyking: i'd reckon that a significant proportion of footballers are only interested in the immediate future. After all contracts mean nothing nowadays so if it doesn't work out they can just move on to somewhere else. Also that may very well be good enough for you or i, but it's probably not for a player that neither knows nor cares about keegan's history with us, particularly a foreigner who night never have even heard of kevin keegan!

Franz Beckenbauer, Allan Simonsen, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Paolo Rossi, Michel Platini.

Throw them in with Keegan and you have 10 years of winners of European player of the year. Any there you haven't heard of? Didn't think so, of course footballers know who Keegan is.

And what, if anything do you know about each of their managerial careers? Next to nothing you say? Thought so! :rolleyes:

As has already been said, martins didn't know who he was and guess what, he was already playing for us at the time.

Guest alijmitchell

He's on the bench aint he?

Aye but I'd have thought they'd start their best player? Just suggest they'll use him only if they really have to. Also they've bought some portuguese lad for 25m who plays the same position as well.

Guest nufc 4 life

Don't want him.

I agree.The amount of clubs he has said he wanted to go to, not one of those clubs have been us. I think he would only come here for money and the chance to prove himself so he can move onto a bigger club. I don't believe he would come here and give his all for the club, not himself. For those reasons, he doesn't fit in with what Keegan has said he wants and personally i don't particularly want someone here who doesn't want to give everything to the club.

I've stated this before on this forum, but I fear Arshavin could be a massive flop in the Premiership.  Massive gamble for the fee and wages expected. 

Loan signing with view to buy in Jan would be a good deal.

Like a lot of others have said, I'd rather have Turan - he knows how to get stuck in for the team when the going gets tough.

Also: Does this match constitute as Europe?  As in, are you cup tied if you play in this match?

Arshavin is top, top quality, but I doubt he will come here.

Really? then why hasn't he been snapped up by a big club?

And does one season where you get noticed really justify this "top, top quality" comment?