The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arshavin is top, top quality, but I doubt he will come here.

Really? then why hasn't he been snapped up by a big club?

And does one season where you get noticed really justify this "top, top quality" comment?

Enough big clubs have been in for him, but you can't blame them for not wanting to spend £25m on a 27 yr old. I am not justifying the top quality remark, that's just my opinion of him after the Euros.  He looks to have everything going forwards...vision, pace, finishing ability.

And does one season where you get noticed really justify this "top, top quality" comment?

Enough big clubs have been in for him, but you can't blame them for not wanting to spend £25m on a 27 yr old. I am not justifying the top quality remark, that's just my opinion of him after the Euros.  He looks to have everything going forwards...vision, pace, finishing ability.

I don't dispute that he has some quality, he has shown flashes of it in the Euros and during last season.  But "top, top quality" suggests in my book someone of a standard where a £25m fee wouldn't stop a big club from buying him.

I don't dispute that he has some quality, he has shown flashes of it in the Euros and during last season.  But "top, top quality" suggests in my book someone of a standard where a £25m fee wouldn't stop a big club from buying him.

Like I said, if he was 23 instead of 27 I'm sure he'd have been sold by now.

Drogba? Cantona? Ginola?

People need to undertand the reality of the situation. A lot of players aren't going to care about who's the "bigger" club between us and spurs, they're simply going to look at then and see a club that's qualified for europe and us   and see one that hasn't. Simple as. To deny that and get all precious about it is to delude yourself. Whether you like it or not and regardless of it being true the fact is that he and others like him would see us as a step down from spurs at the moment.

TBH hes mad to leave Zenit, in the CL and just won the Super Cup

Drogba? Cantona? Ginola?

""I wish I'd seen him at 21 or 22. I predict he will come to the Premier League, or go to a big club in Italy. The way he plays is something very special.""

- Arsene Wenger

We see this every year. A player looks like he's leaving, looks like it's off, then goes through on deadline day. It still wouldn't surprise me if 2 or even 3 of the Berbatov, Arshavin or Barry transfer sagas ended with them going to Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool on Monday night.

Guest elbee909

s*** the bed

www.mailonsunday.co.uk-arshavin-newcastle.msg1463054

Did that link ever work, really? :)

come on elbee, you know better than that son

Well, you know how judgement can fly out the window when you're going crazy with desperate hope.

s*** the bed

www.mailonsunday.co.uk-arshavin-newcastle.msg1463054

Did that link ever work, really? :)

come on elbee, you know better than that son

Well, you know how judgement can fly out the window when you're going crazy with desperate hope.

i do mate. i do.

Arshavin is coming here if there is no last minute hitches, deal is agreed in principal.

:lol:

Source?

Straight from Keegan, told me himself when I was fishing for his transfer targets. But wouldn't say anything else about anyone else as though he realised he'd already said too much.

Mind you, perhaps I should also mention it was a dream.

Guest The Darkside
Straight from Keegan, told me himself when I was fishing for his transfer targets. But wouldn't say anything else about anyone else as though he realised he'd already said too much.

Mind you, perhaps I should also mention it was a dream.

wtf  :angry:

• 1 month later...