The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do people get so bothered over the lengths of some threads anyway? Do you think such threads should be locked until there is significant news regarding the content?

Never understood the complaint.

Do you still have your rag out?

What?

See, we're on page 38 now, stop contributing to this depressing thread!

:lol:

How is it depressing? You're making it sound like this thread is really getting to you. Do you need some tissues?

Guest MagicNumber9

Why do people get so bothered over the lengths of some threads anyway? Do you think such threads should be locked until there is significant news regarding the content?

I'd be lying if I said it really bothered me but I could never understand why some guy started complaining about the length of my new kits thread.

You see, thats my favourite thread, the main one I like to spy through as its something differnt and I like looking at clubs new tops, but this thread is on the opther end of the scale...

Do you still have your rag out?

What?

Read second post from the top

I'd be lying if I said it really bothered me but I could never understand why some guy started complaining about the length of my new kits thread.

You see, thats my favourite thread, the main one I like to spy through as its something differnt and I like looking at clubs new tops, but this thread is on the opther end of the scale...

To each their own, I see nothing wrong with discussing a good player. Particularly when it is relevant to do so because of his performances at Euro08 and also because he has been linked to us. But yeah, to each their own.

Guest MagicNumber9

See, we're on page 38 now, stop contributing to this depressing thread!

How is it depressing?

Becuase were talking about a player we are realistically not going to get, its dream team talk talking about players we'd love to see her, theres handfulls more of other players id like to see but were just not. Sorta reminds me how we used to be a "big club" that could battle with top clubs for signatures, but times have changed, and we are well down that list now, competing with the likes of Tottenham... and even they are doing well on signings...

I don't understand what you mean. This is a thread about a player (who looks pretty good) that we've been linked to for months. Of course it's going to be many pages, unfortunately there are a lot of people on this forum and a lot of information. Should we be limiting the number of posts in a day or something?

Guest MagicNumber9

Anyways, this thread has hit 39 pages, i feel i have caused the past page and halfs worth of posts in the last half an hour, so I am going to go away now, and pray this thread does not reach 50 pages...

And if Arshavin does sign for us, i will eat my hat and give all who i have offended on here £100 each, tax free.

Guest MagicNumber9

I don't understand what you mean. This is a thread about a player (who looks pretty good) that we've been linked to for months. Of course it's going to be many pages, unfortunately there are a lot of people on this forum and a lot of information. Should we be limiting the number of posts in a day or something?

Yeh, thats the ticket.

Anyways, this thread has hit 39 pages, i feel i have caused the past page and halfs worth of posts in the last half an hour, so I am going to go away now, and pray this thread does not reach 50 pages...

And if Arshavin does sign for us, i will eat my hat and give all who i have offended on here £100 each, tax free.

Just in case, I am officially offended ok.

Just in case, I am officially offended ok.

;D

just been on the beeb

apparently Arshavin was speaking to the correspondent. Says he is leaving Zenit, but doesn't know where to. Also says he admires Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Scolari.

that's that then

What do you think of the Modric-thread? :lol:

:lol: Its all getting a tad bit desperate from Arshavin and Zenit its gone from Spain only to three Prem managers he admires, me thinks they want a bidding war.

Dick must have been screaming "no no no no don't say Spain only, we want a bidding war"..

:lol: Its all getting a tad bit desperate from Arshavin and Zenit its gone from Spain only to three Prem managers he admires, me thinks they want a bidding war.

Dick must have been screaming "no no no no don't say Spain only, we want a bidding war"..

if the player wants to go to a club offering less than others then it will probably happen. bidding wars aint what they were since bosman.

Don't believe anyone's posted the actual quotes yet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7470415.stm

Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin has hailed the Premier League as the best football club competition in the world.

The 27-year-old has asked to leave Uefa Cup champions Zenit St Petersburg and his transfer value has soared after his superb performances at Euro 2008.

Arshavin has said he would prefer to move to an English or Spanish club and he told BBC Radio 5 Live of his admiration for England's top level.

"I see English games on TV - it's the best league in the world," he said.

As well as the Uefa Cup, Arshavin helped Zenit win the Russian league last season, but he is now keen to pursue a new challenge in another European league.

Arsenal and Chelsea have already been linked with a possible move, along with Spanish giants Barcelona.

"I would like to change club," said Arshavin in English. "It's not a big difference between England and Spain. It's another level for me."

Ironic that this thread remains at the top of the pile thanks to the complaints of a poster about this thread being at the top every time he logs in.

(only to bump really)

For the record, I'm offended :)