Evans To TOON?

Crumpy Gunt

Crap positioning? Can't say I agree with that at all.

He was terrible.

The amount of times he'd leave gaps at the back in the most basic attacks were just about comical.

Going to disagree on that completely. His positioning and reading of the game were top notch as far as I'm concerned.

Would love to pull up a load of YT clips to prove otherwise.

I don't think he was doing too badly until he got completely mugged in that game. Since then people have spoken about him like he's the worst defender ever to play the game.

Like Rozenhal IMO, probably a decent player in the right team.

That part you've added to that is total bollocks btw.

Says the mighty 2J

Who has ever said we have to rate him because he played for Lyon and is Brasilian? Utter shite.

He was terrible.

The amount of times he'd leave gaps at the back in the most basic attacks were just about comical.

Going to disagree on that completely. His positioning and reading of the game were top notch as far as I'm concerned.

I wish you could as well, apart from that nightmare against Portsmouth which everyone appears to be judging him on, his position and reading of a situation always looked bang on to me. He just wasn't up to the physical side of the English game at the end of the day.

Easily a better reader of the game than the other centre halves who played there last season.

He was terrible.

I wish you could as well, apart from that nightmare against Portsmouth which everyone appears to be judging him on, his position and reading of a situation always looked bang on to me. He just wasn't up to the physical side of the English game at the end of the day.

Easily a better reader of the game than the other centre halves who played there last season.

What situation did he read that Stevie Wonder couldn't have last season?

He was terrible.

That article on the current state of Zimbabwe and it's foreign policy situation in The Times.

He was terrible.

That article on the current state of Zimbabwe and it's foreign policy situation in The Times.

:laugh:

:razz:

We'll get the old man a desk job reading the rumour mills next season then.

About all he's good for.

Just thinking back at some of his clearances, jesus wept, the guy was clearly on acid.

Guest Sniffer

cacapa, like rozenhal who at least had the balls to admit it, is physically incapable of playing in the premier league. He doesn't have the pace to be able to get himself out of trouble and even if he can read the game, he isn't fast enough to get there in time. He's not the worst central defender we've had but he isn't worth get your knickers in a twist about getting rid of him.

I don't think he'll recover mentally from the embarrassment of that performance against pompey. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

He was terrible.

Agree completely. It was his complete lack of pace that did him in. He had one bad day and suffered greatly.

it's the Villa game that annoys me most when people talk about Cacapa.

Again and again he got Taylor out of trouble or did his work yet people tried to put the opposite spin on it, honestly.

Faye and Cacapa generally looked by far our most solid partnership last season

Guest Jawesome

Again and again he got Taylor out of trouble or did his work yet people tried to put the opposite spin on it, honestly.

:thup:

cacapa, like rozenhal who at least had the balls to admit it, is physically incapable of playing in the premier league. He doesn't have the pace to be able to get himself out of trouble and even if he can read the game, he isn't fast enough to get there in time. He's not the worst central defender we've had but he isn't worth get your knickers in a twist about getting rid of him.

I don't think he'll recover mentally from the embarrassment of that performance against pompey. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Pace was one of Rozenhals major up points IMO, It was being a nancy boy when it came to the physical side that let him down.

Cacapa certainly lacks sharpness needed, like Ronnie says he did have some solid games for us. I am suprised he is staying on, but I dont think he is as bad as he is being made out.

And has anyone kept Spurs as quiet as he & Faye did when we beat them 3-1 up here? Also the Fulham game away. People went on about his character after that game, yet his first game back from injury (Fulham away), was possibly his best performance of the season.

I think its shocking how one bad day ruined Cacapa, prior to that he was arguably best defender we'd had since Woodgate.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Not all that difficult a standard to aspire to tbh.

I'd rather have Bramble, at least he had one stand out quality, Cacapa failed at everything while he was here.

Slow faster than Taylor

Weak

s*** in the air

Crap positioning not really

Can't tackle he can, and he's good at it

Indecisive

Inconsistent

Injury prone

Old

Mentally weak

He has nothing going for him, nothing.

harsh, Taylor fanboy.. Cacapa is a decent back up.. although i won't be surprised if we offload him

I think its shocking how one bad day ruined Cacapa, prior to that he was arguably best defender we'd had since Woodgate.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

I'd rather have Bramble, at least he had one stand out quality, Cacapa failed at everything while he was here.

Slow Bollocks

Weak Agreed

Shit in the air Bollocks

Crap positioning Bollocks

Can't tackle Absolute bollocks

Indecisive Probably a fair comment

Inconsistent At what point, when he was in the team regularly, were any of the defenders consistent? When did we even have a consistent, unchanged backline, for that matter?

Injury prone He's had an injury

Old Shit argument

Mentally weak Aye, probably

The biggest ones for me are the slow/can't tackle ones. And i'm not entirely sure how to respond with a proper argument, it's just total rubbish, it's as simple as that really. He's not slow and he can tackle. His tackling in that period at the beginning of the season - when he was in the side with Faye - and when he was playing regularly with Taylor while Faye was in Africa, was top notch.

Agree entirely with what Ronaldo said aswell. Both that Villa game and the Middlesbrough one after/before it (can't remember which). Caçapa was a monster in that Middlesbrough game and Taylor was absolute wank. Missing headers, misplacing passes, running well out of position, generally putting Given and Caçapa under pressure whereever possible. Couldn't believe it when Keegan dropped Caçapa in favour of Taylor when Faye came back.

I can remember burying my head into my hands at one point at 1-0, with a Boro striker through on goal, and Caçapa made the most fantastic sliding block to thwart him. Going back to the 'can't tackle' crap - that's what he's best at, putting in crunching tackles and just coming away with the ball almost nonchalently.

The flack Caçapa gets is so unfair imo.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Slow Bollocks

Weak Agreed

Shit in the air Bollocks

Crap positioning Bollocks

Can't tackle Absolute bollocks

Indecisive Probably a fair comment

Inconsistent At what point, when he was in the team regularly, were any of the defenders consistent? When did we even have a consistent, unchanged backline, for that matter?

Injury prone He's had an injury

Old Shit argument

Mentally weak Aye, probably

The biggest ones for me are the slow/can't tackle ones. And i'm not entirely sure how to respond with a proper argument, it's just total rubbish, it's as simple as that really. He's not slow and he can tackle. His tackling in that period at the beginning of the season - when he was in the side with Faye - and when he was playing regularly with Taylor while Faye was in Africa, was top notch.

Agree entirely with what Ronaldo said aswell. Both that Villa game and the Middlesbrough one after/before it (can't remember which). Caçapa was a monster in that Middlesbrough game and Taylor was absolute wank. Missing headers, misplacing passes, running well out of position, generally putting Given and Caçapa under pressure whereever possible. Couldn't believe it when Keegan dropped Caçapa in favour of Taylor when Faye came back.

I can remember burying my head into my hands at one point at 1-0, with a Boro striker through on goal, and Caçapa made the most fantastic sliding block to thwart him. Going back to the 'can't tackle' crap - that's what he's best at, putting in crunching tackles and just coming away with the ball almost nonchalently.

The flack Caçapa gets is so unfair imo.

Mostly agreed. He is slow though, but he's the kind of player who uses his brain to look quicker.

It'd be interesting to see people posts about him earlier in the season when he looked quality - im sure there wasnt a single person who was criticising him before he had that shocker. Cant rememebr properly but im sure he played really well the next game "to put him demons away" and everyone was lauding him for that.

Quite frankly i think he's been one of the best centre halves in a while behond Woodgate and Faye at least....not saying muc about our defence though.

It'd be interesting to see people posts about him earlier in the season when he looked quality - im sure there wasnt a single person who was criticising him before he had that shocker. Cant rememebr properly but im sure he played really well the next game "to put him demons away" and everyone was lauding him for that.

Quite frankly i think he's been one of the best centre halves in a while behond Woodgate and Faye at least....not saying muc about our defence though.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=46267.0