The Main Reason Why We Hate Spurs?

Tooj

Never mind all of the stuff going on at the minute, I may have been too young at the time, but I've had it drilled into me for years for ever older member in my family, so it's pretty much Gospel to me now. This is the fucking main reason why I hate Spurs.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2093/n1020291153312249971yw2.jpg

I've disliked them for as long as I can remember, and for no particular reason. Still think it relates to the 'definitely do it this year' attitude of both their fans and particularly the press.

Personally I don't hate Spurs.

I think they are rather similar to ourselves infact, they always try to play football the right way and tend to be enjoyable to watch.

Saying that, hearing that they are after every player we seem to be after is getting a bit annoying.

Guest Stephen927

Don't mind them.

Got a good manager in Ramos and look like they're going places despite this poor season. If anything, I'm slightly envious of them.

It always surprises me that so many people feel so vitriolic towards them - I get the impression some people hate them more than the Smoggies or even the Mackems, and that is completely beyond me.  I know that a fair proportion of their lot don't have a lot of time for NUFC either, but I get the feeling that we're below West Ham and Chelsea etc (not to mention the obvious choice of Arsenal) in their 'hate list' - what I'm saying is I think that we have a disproportionate interest/dislike of a club that we shouldn't by any means like, but we shouldn't really get our knickers in a twist over either.

Got relatives who are Spurs fans.  Only ever really see them around Christmas, but since I was a bairn, they, along with my other relatives who support Chelsea, have always had this smugness about them.  Even in the first Keegan era, when I was about 7/8, they were having a pop at us for no particular reason.  What really got me is when they (Chelsea fans included, and at about 30-40 years old) were winding me up about snatching Sir Les Ginola off us, 2 of my favourite players.

It always surprises me that so many people feel so vitriolic towards them - I get the impression some people hate them more than the Smoggies or even the Mackems, and that is completely beyond me.  

Spurs are definately higher on my hate list than the smoggies, they're a nothing club, although got to admit the smoggies are climbing up that league from listening to the legends and having to hear the shite coming from Slaven and their fans!!!

Hate Spurs because i'm surrounded by many of their fans (living in Hitchin). They all think we are and always have been shit and they are all convinced that they are a better/bigger club than us. Generally only the spurs fans who know anything about football are the correct ones.

We are basically a notch above them as a club in all but trophy haul and they hate that yet they are currently deemed more attractive than us and we hate that.

Just about the top and bottom of it really.

Got relatives who are Spurs fans.  Only ever really see them around Christmas, but since I was a bairn, they, along with my other relatives who support Chelsea, have always had this smugness about them.  Even in the first Keegan era, when I was about 7/8, they were having a pop at us for no particular reason.  What really got me is when they (Chelsea fans included, and at about 30-40 years old) were winding me up about snatching Sir Les Ginola off us, 2 of my favourite players.

This minus the Chelsea stuff, basically.

I've told the stories many times, but I have good reasons.

The world's too full of hate.

Open up your minds and let a little love into your life.

I like your club, so shaddup.

You're supposed to say, "Oh yes, so what about Birmingham City" at which point I'm suppose to say "fooking SCUM".

Or something like that ;)

The fans may have completely disappeared up their own arseholes with their constant harping on about wage structure, ITK bollocks, and delusions of grandeur but my best memories of the last two seasons have all involved Spurs, so you can't hate them that much.  The most enjoyable 6 points in the league.

Tbh, the more I think about it, I think I despise most London clubs as I have smug relatives who support practically every one.  I think the only two I don't despise are Palace and Charlton, as my two relatives who support both these teams don't have that smugness.  They have some sympathy from us unlike the others, and will happily admit we are bigger than their clubs.  They also don't make irritating comments about the north being a shithole, and stereotyping the northern people.

The fans may have completely disappeared up their own arseholes with their constant harping on about wage structure, ITK bollocks, and delusions of grandeur but my best memories of the last two seasons have all involved Spurs, so you can't hate them that much.  The most enjoyable 6 points in the league.

:laugh:

they're from London

their kit

the way they constantly refer to "wots 'appenin' daan the laaane"

David fucking Pleat

Alan Sugar

Chas and Dave

that "we always win it in the year ending in 1 bollocks"

Motson wanking over Ricky Villa every time he recalls FA cup memories

Ossie Ardilles

Gus Poyet

irritating league cup wins, which makes them feel so superior to us