The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OK. Sense wins out, I suppose. Having said that, attackers have too much advantage in regards to offside anyway. Might be good to give the defenders a chance to upset the applecart. I'd like to see a FK where all the defending team sprint off the pitch!

Guest kingdawson

that engelaar has looked very good as well

Thought he was superb. His range of passing, despite being a dm, was excellent.

I note it is Spain v Russia tomorrow. I'm really hoping it's a good match. I suspect Greece v Sweden will be a shitfest, but you never know.

Fabregas and Torres should be the players of this tournament if they play to their best.

Twente had some good players this season, N'Kufo, Engelaar and a young left winger called Eljero Elia (lots of potential in this lad) really good on the counter attack. hard to tell just how good they are tho when luke wilshire stands out in the side and he was crap at Boro.

I note it is Spain v Russia tomorrow. I'm really hoping it's a good match. I suspect Greece v Sweden will be a shitfest, but you never know.

Fabregas and Torres should be the players of this tournament if they play to their best.

I agree. But i dont think think that Fabregas will start today, but will probably start next game depending on how this one goes today..

Shame Arshavin is out like, and Porgnebbybastard is out of the whole tournament.

I agree. But i dont think think that Fabregas will start today, but will probably start next game depending on how this one goes today..

Aye, read that Fabregas will be on the bench, which has got to be one of the weirdest decisions ever, considering the amazing season he's had.

Aye, read that Fabregas will be on the bench, which has got to be one of the weirdest decisions ever, considering the amazing season he's had.

Senna has been equally good at Villarreal, and Xavi is simply a better player.

Im not sure but i think i read somewhere a couple of days ago that he hasn't been able to train that much after the season enden, that's why he probably wont start.

But as i mentioned im not sure. And could also be because they are going to play with two strikers instead of one and Aragones maybe feels that he wants a real DM and that they see Xavi as the other one centrally

Huddlestone with the ability.

Huddlestone has ability though.

More of a case of Huddlestone on Slimfast.

Guest BigAl2

I think it might be one tournament too far for the ageing Italian squad.

Having said that they are usually very slow starters in tournaments but 3 - 0 is a hammering in anyones language.