The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quality play from Modric there.  :weep:

Still can't see the big deal with him.  Seems to have a habit of going missing for long periods when his team doesn't have the ball.

Don't nearly all attacking midfielders that play in a similar style to Modric? You don't see Deco much when his team doesn't have the ball or Messi, Nedved etc.

No, not really.  Put another way apart from that ball across the box he's been anonymous so far.

Players like that often go missing if their team doesn't have the ball, it's when they do have the ball that they become the player the team looks towards. I don't know what type of player you think Modric is but he is certainly no box to box midfielder that's for sure.

I'm aware of what type of player he is, all I'm saying is he hasn't done anything in this tournament to warrant the attention he's been getting or the money that was paid for him.

It's still feasible that Croatia could win the tournament without ever wearing their own colours.

Explain for the dumbo here.

They're yet to wear their red and white checks, play Germany next and could play Spain or Russia in the final and only ever wear blue.

This is one shit, shit game, I thought this was gonna be a good game as well.

Lawro is a cock as well!

"that was a shot on goal"

"are you sure"

"well no not really!"

It's still feasible that Croatia could win the tournament without ever wearing their own colours.

They're yet to wear their red and white checks, play Germany next and could play Spain or Russia in the final and only ever wear blue.

Ah right. Did they play an earlier match in all-white? Assume that's their third strip then?

Ah right. Did they play an earlier match in all-white? Assume that's their third strip then?

They're only worn blue afaik.

Must be thinking of someone else. :blush:

PS if they get to the final, expect Motson to come out with this.

Must be thinking of someone else. :blush:

PS if they get to the final, expect Motson to come out with this.

Yes, Dumbo.

Cracking save.

He had plenty of time to get to it & make it look better than it was.

For a full 30 seconds there I was wondering what the black square was for        :lol:

;)

EDIT: Just to say I found one

Nice goal for the Turks